TS10 mod thread. Post yours!

Please share your TS10 mod(s) here. Let me start with sharing several mods I found here on BLF.

let’s continue the fun.

5 Thanks

I’ll show you mine if you show me yours. Does ring a bell, but was a (very) long time ago. I doubt if it even was flashlight related.

Good idea. I’ll have a mod to add after some more parts arrive.

thanks for the thread

1 Thank

I doubt this counts as a mod, but I really like it with a different clip:

4 Thanks

IIRC someone had transplanted the TS10 internals into a different body? That is something of interest if it extends the turbo run time/ reduces the stepdown.

I’m working on two mods, both with brass bezels I’m machining.

One will be a conversion to a single with about a 16mm deep by 18mm wide TIR to make a pocket thrower. I’d use the "aux ring’ technique again.

For the other I’m thinking about using a standard 20mm 3535 triple board, trimmed to 18mm, and placing it on top of the end of the body, basically where the optic sits now. I’d use a spacer to fill the gap beneath it. I’m thinking that method would help with dissipating heat.

1 Thank

219b swap.

2 Thanks

That is awesome, but it looks like the domes don’t play well with the optic, maybe dedomed 519a would work better?

Yeah the dome got a bit damaged. I kinda hone out the bottom of the optic now to make it fit the 3535 better.

Brass with 1x3000k and 2x4000k main LEDs and Yellow Aux.
3800k, -0.0012 duv, 95 CRI (on opple 3) Top of Ramp
3865k, -0.0044 duv, 95.2 CRI Turbo

Silver w/ 1x3000k and 2x6000k main LEDs and Pink Aux
4900k, -0.0032 duv, 95 CRI Top of Ramp
5100k, -0.0057 duv, 95.4 CRI Turbo

More CCT mixing planned!

FB

2 Thanks

I REALLY like that clip. Too bad nothing like it seems to be available now…
:thinking:

@MasterNate

I did some quick rummaging through my parts bin. It looks like three of these 13mm TIRs could be combined into a triple and it could fit without requiring too much sanding around the perimeter. They come in a few options from 10 deg through 90 deg, so you could probably get quite a bit more throw than the stock TS10 if you wanted.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832796496481.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.order_detail_item.7.466bf19cnj8l7k&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

Just pop them out of their holders and sand two flats onto each side so that the flats butt up against each other, forming a triple. Use CA glue to attach them. It really helps to have a CA glue activator spray.

It looks like from the board to the top of the stock optic is 5mm. This custom triple would be 6.7mm in height off the board. You’d also need an 18mm lens, adding another 1-2mm. The SP10 or T2/T3 bezels should provide the extra space needed.

I know I’m just kind of rambling off a crazy idea here. I’ll give it a try myself eventually.

1 Thank

@James_C

Thank you, I’ve been looking for something like this. I got it on order now, along with the sp40a optic.

I would love to find some reflectors similar to these tir optics to build a uv version.

The only mod I did to mine was swapping the clip for an Olight S1 Mini clip. I love the 4000K leds it already comes with!

Isn’t that a ZebraLight clip?

yes:
black titanium

1 Thank

Available at Nkon.

2 Thanks

Found it! Looks great and it’s easier to use than the Olight S1R II clip.

5 Thanks

Thanks for that!! I did a bunch of searching but came up empty… probably lack of the old Google Foo. But I ordered 3 of them. So the wait begins.

AND, Thanks @ToyKeeper for posting the original pics.

@SammysHP Where did that picture come from? Do you already have some of the clips?