TS10 mod thread. Post yours!

I think he meant Rocket.

My goal was to make it a pocket thrower, so i used the Yinding round LED. The SFT40 would produce too much heat for the Ti head, especially with that hole in the center of the shelf. I didn’t got so lucky with the LED i got, it is very green on lower levels, but it gets neutral when the FET starts to get in, so it’s alright for a now.

we can buy an Olight style Black clip from Wurkkos for $1.

1 Thank

Thanks. There’s several choices presented by model. Looks like they’ll all fit on the TS10?

I do not think so.
I only recommend the Black one for TS10 if you want the Olight type shown in my photo.

Someone modded a 3000K SFT-40 in this thing with a 8 degree clear TIR on reddit. The ultimate pocket thrower.

2 Thanks

that looks throwy! :wink:
here is the link

2 Thanks

I got a couple of SFT40 5000K. Maybe I’ll put one on my TS10 single. That would out throw the 3000K due to the big output reduction of the 3000K… but honestly I haven’t done it because I’ve wanted a 3000K for a long time but haven’t had luck ordering one before they sell out.

I just modded one of mine to a W2 thrower as well, using a smooth T2 reflector and SP10 bezel.

I’m impressed by the throw, 38.9kcd with a fully charged H10, and 36kcd with a mostly charged wurkkos 14500. Haven’t been able to measure lumens yet.

Theres a bit of a gap between the head and the bezel (smaller if front o-ring is removed) but that could be fixed by using a shorter slightly reflector.

Seems to be slightly higher performance than the original FW1AA with it’s XPLHI, though I don’t have one to compare against.

I think it’d also be possible to build with a dedomed 519a though I havent tried it yet.

1 Thank

Wurkkos really should come up with a new model TS10 with a single throwy emitter + tight angle TIR.

3 Thanks

I know lots of folks like throwers. So do I and have several dedicated throwers. For me, the tiny TS10 is not one that I need or want a bunch of throw from. The current beam pattern is pretty darn good for a small pocket light. While I carry and use one of my TS10s daily, I can’t think of a time when I though… wow, this would be great if only it had more throw. For the (my) intended useage, it is pretty darn good as it is.

If they do make something like what you want, I think it would have to be a new series completely.

Not putting down your idea, just wondering why they would be motivated to do it considering the success of the current model.

For when I am only brining a floody light outside and I want some throw occasionally. A TS10 sized thrower, the same size as a single 21700 battery, I can bring it without thinking about if it is a hassle. It doesn’t have long sustained output or long run time, but a spot checking light that small is very useful IMO. Heck, just duct tape it to the side of the big flooder LOL.

As I said, I get it. But it is a very specific use case. I might even get one if they ever made something like that. But then I would be considered a whacko by most people… when it comes to flashlights anyway. I am not sure of the general appeal though… I would probably carry it along with a “normal” TS10. :smiling_imp:

I just picked up three more TS10s (with cell and charger), I intend to give them as gifts. I will disable turbo and set max at maybe 105/150. They would not make many flashaholics happy, but will be great small general purpose lights for the folks that will get them.
That kind of person is the mass market… I would wager that none of them will ever complain about throw or the lack of 1000 + lumens (even if only for a few seconds)

Anyway, the suggestion is out there. Let’s see what Wurkkos does with it.

2 Thanks

Mass market buys $3 plastic AAA crap from supermarket or just use their phone. I bet 99.9999% of the population can’t be bothered to bring a dedicated flashlight with them. So, a TS10 itself is geeky enough, and it wouldn’t hurt to make it even more niche by adding a thrower sibling. I would buy it in a heartbeat. I’d love to mod one from the original TS10 but it involves buying a Convoy T2 host and use its longer bezel in order to fit a throw TIR, which is a lot of hassle.

Wurkkos, are you listening? :wink:

1 Thank

I modded the tailcap of my TS10 to make it magnetic.
I used double-sided tape, a thick one, “glued” it to the button and then put a neodymium magnet on it.

Then, I used the Olink accessory, that can be used with several Olight flashlights and also others that have magnetic tails.

As can be seen, the TS10 activates perfectly. It is in Tactical mode with Low-Turbo-Strobe, all momentary.

Video with the result here:

3 Thanks

I was able to DIY it without buying parts from convoy other than a reflector.

Parts breakdown:

• Wurkkos
    – TS10
    – SP10 bezel and glass (special request, not guaranteed for everyone)
  • Convoy
    – T2 reflector and gasket
    – Osram CSLPM1 (might also work with 519a)
  • Generic
    – 3030/3535 copper mcpcb (16mm diameter and 1mm thickness)
    – thin wires for mcpcb leads

Here’s a few photos of it:

Beamshot at roughly 50m to the first tree, 150m to the next, and 300m to the furthest:

3 Thanks

I tend to agree.

The smallest thrower I have is a Lumintop GT Nano, which came with a 10180 tube and cell. Fantastic beam, but horrible battery life with the 10180 (I installed a 10440 tube and cell, which gives it tolerable runtime). It’s more of a novelty, really.

If one really wants a small thrower for a good price, you can’t go wrong with a TS11. The TS10 even modded just can’t compete with it. And of course, you can slap on an 18650 tube with the TS11, that isn’t possible for the TS10.

The TS10 is such an ideal near-field illuminator. Some throw with lots of spill. That does the job for this type of flashlight, and does it well.

3 Thanks

TS11 is great, but it is a lot bigger than a TS10:

Yes, you’re right – the TS11 head is more than twice the diameter of the TS10 head. But then, it’s still small in length and easy to holster or stick in a jacket pocket. Its a far more usable thrower.

I’ve not owned an FW1A, but it looks like what’s being proposed for the TS10 variant – single LED with reflector. Is it practical enough to be a useful thrower?

I built a convoy t3 with cslnm1, smooth reflector and 5a driver. Slightly longer than ts10, but not noticable in any pants pocket. It was a useful thrower, could reach 200m. Pretty useless inside 20m though with a very small hotspot. A ts10 host would be a lot nicer than the T3 IMO.

2 Thanks