TS10: will the best clip please stand up?

Following up on a discussion originated here: 【Wurkkos Brand Day GAW】Brand Day with all deals and new release TS10 Ti on 23th-27th,Sep(PST) - #60 by dmenezes

Here’s the clip I currently use, bought directly from Wurkkos: Pocket Clip for TS10/FC12/HD15/HD20/TS25/TS21

It looks very similar to the Olight one you posted on the other thread, the main differences being (a) the “reverse opening” (the one leading the opening from the tail to the head) is not as pronounced, and (b) it has no lanyard hole.

(b) is not a problem for me as I don’t use a lanyard anyway, and re: (a) I can always re-bent that opening with a pair of pliers to make it more pronounced (haven’t done it yet, tho).

Anyway, costing just $1.08 each direct from Wurkkos is a bargain in my book, and free-shipping to boot when ordering along other stuff (that’s how I got mine, added a pair to my FC13 order).

Hummmmrmrm… I think you might be overlooking the fact that the TS25 is a bit thicker than the TS10 (eating 21700s instead of 14500s) and so its clip probably wouldn’t fit so well :slight_smile: Seriously, it’s the same basic URL I posted above, but I think you picked the wrong option (mine is the “TS10” and then “Black”, as “Silver” is its original clip).

After replacing “TS25 clip” with “TS10 black clip” (see above), I agree with and confirm everything you say.
(PS: you might want to edit your post on the other thread and strike-out “TS25 clip” and place “TS10 black clip” right beside it, lest people end up buying the wrong clip because of it).

1 Thank

I’m pretty sure wearing glasses and having to go out in the rain is not that unusual :wink:

and I think it would be better for the TS10 to use a 1-way clip by default, with 2-way on the product page as an optional extra.

I agree partially with you, but would suggest it the other way around: as the two-way clip would serve more people and more use cases, I think it should be the default and the one-way clip the option.

1 Thank

Thinking ahead to the up-and-coming titanium beauty from Wurkkos, I think the black clip will look pretty ugly on it – do any of you have any suggestions on a similar clip, but silver in color? And barring that, perhaps I can remove the black paint with something like an agressive thinner?

Take off the black paint with a fine abrasive worked in one direction up and down the clip to give a brushed steel finish.

Oh my! I was definitely mistaken, the TS25 clip arms are definitely too wide for the TS10 (I just tried it)… Thanks for correcting my mistake. Much appreciated.

After replacing “TS25 clip” with “TS10 black clip” (see above), I agree with and confirm everything you say.

thank you for catching my mistake, I will go edit out my reference to TS25 and use TS10 Black clip instead

1 Thank

No prob my friend! And as they say, the one who has never made a mistake may throw the first stone – not me, as I make mistakes early and often, so I would be getting stoned having stones thrown at me right there with you :slight_smile:

1 Thank

Thanks, but what do you mean by ‘abrasive’? Something like sandpaper?

Lol… I would not feel so alone :wink:

1 Thank

That’s why I stroke it out :wink: I was thinking of something more like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcsrW_3-G6w
Albeit Bob Dylan’s sound more fun :wink:

1 Thank

I wonder is anyone remembers “To tell the truth” show. This is where the phrase…please stand up comes from.

1 Thank

Great piece of trivia! I myself had never heard of it until now.

Yes, fine grit to finish. Maybe start with something like 240 grit, then finish with 400 or 600 depending how smooth you want.

You can take it to mirror with polishing compounds on a Dremel.

1 Thank

Seeing that it ran from 1956 to 1968… well it is understandable that you never saw it… or heard of it… :smiling_imp:

Unless I am really misjudging your age…
This is my favorite clip for the TS10

Borrowed photo from @SammysHP

Not your two way preference. And seemingly not available anymore. Nice and strong, good retention, deep carry, easy to clip on a pocket. Zebralight H series clip. I managed to snag 3 of them from Nkon before they went out of stock.

2 Thanks

glad you found a clip you like… the disadvantage is it has to be lifted when unscrewing the head.

I suspect if you ever try this EDC05 clip, you would agree it is more convenient, as it does not ride on the head:

plus it is still available

1 Thank

I also bought a few of these after you mentioned it in another thread. I have 6 TS10s. Three of them have that clip on them. I just don’t like it quite as much. The ZL clip is definitely easier to get clipped to a pocket. It is also more secure once clipped, but still easier to remove. I also like the way it looks more. I still have two of the ZL clips in my parts box, so obviously the differences in the clips has not caused me to swap all of them onto lights… yet.
Interestingly, the Zebralight clip does not scratch the head during battery changes. On my EDC black TS10, there is enough clearance for this not to be a problem… maybe I am just lucky.

2 Thanks

you must be living right :wink:

thanks for your detailed comments and comparisons

glad to hear the zebra clip does not actually ride on the head, and has enough clearance to change batteries without needing to be lifted up… also glad the zebra clip does not scratch during install… win win win :wink:

I agree the EDC05 clip is a little difficult to push over the pocket seam on my jeans… otoh, it has no difficulty with my summer pants (thinner material)…

You’re not :grin: but Wikipedia says the original ran until 1978… and there were further incarnations in the 2000s and the latest even up to 2022, so I have no excuses for my ignorance :laughing:

While either rain or the need to go out in it and in the dark isn’t abolished, unfortunately I’m stuck with the two-ways… :frowning:

You know, that’s my main complaint with Wurkkos’ extended TS10 clip… but to avoid riding on the head, AFAICS it would have to be as short as the original clip, and then suck just as much :expressionless:

it is also possible to adjust the clip tension so it sits just a hairs width away from making contact. To make the adjustment I leave the clip installed and push a plastic wedge under the clip to lift it carefully away from the body. The goal is to open the bend closest to the tail, just slightly

I believe that slight gap between the end of the clip and the head of the light, is how Mandrake50’s Zebra clip manages to not rub on the TS10 head

I make a similar adjustment to the clips on my SC21 Pro. They extend onto the head also, but I can unscrew without scratching the anodising

Imgur

1 Thank

I just checked. A standard sheet of printer paper will slide between the clip and head with slight resistance. Sort of like what one would look for on a feeler gauge when setting a gap. So I think it makes contact, but lightly and over a broad area, so it has not scratched the head. I think I have replaced the battery at least 6 times. No visible scratching on the head, even with magnification…

BTW, the contact area is right about where the Wurkkos and CE labeling it on the head. Which should make it easy to see any scratches.

Magic ???
laughing