Two coming in the next 2 days

I just ordered 2 Thrunite’s, a TC20 and a Catapult V6 limited edition in green. The TC20 will be here today and the Catapult V6 will be here tomorrow.

I have to put the brakes on for a while to avoid any discord in the house. It seems I’m fairly lit for the time being. :wink:

I should be receiving two knives tomorrow, and a gaming chair on Tuesday.

That's $210 worth of stuff, which is a lot for me.

Wow… a “gaming chair?” Is it powered? :wink:

A gaming chair looks a lot like an office chair, except some of them are more colorful and fancier.

I think it has a USB-powered vibration function that is described as a massager, but I hear that it just vibrates a little bit.

I have a shiatsu massaging chair that I currently put on my office chair, so I don't need a weak vibrating massager.

The TC20 & Catapult V6 cost me $143 and I can tell you I won’t be spending that much on anything for a while. That was a lot to spend on those 2 torches, but there is a method to my madness. Non-lethal defense so the P229 can remain in it’s holster and for those occasions I must leave the P229 at home. Very effective defensive weapons, you can’t hit what you can’t see.

No, but you can aim at the source of light.

I’ve also played enough capture the flag in the woods at night to know that everyone knows where the person with the flashlight is, but they only know where one person at a time is.

Agreed. There are those encounters where the best defense is a 180 grain lead projectile, but there are also those encounters where you simply want to keep your attacker at bay. In those circumstances the brighter the light the stronger the defense. Not for all situations, but again, chance favors the prepared mind. A working knowledge of all the defensive capabilities at your disposal is never a bad thing. The ultimate goal is to walk away from any encounter having done the least amount of damage.

like manticore: “I have to put the brakes on for a while…”
since ammo has gone up and gone away. hard to find.
i have enough for “normal” times, but now ain’t that.

Put NOCTIGON MT-G20 & CREE MT-G2 Q0 4000K 6V LED - MT-G2 - LED in TC20, baby will shine.

Gaming chair is the one with potty in the middle :smiley:

Mike

Tactical pens are a nice option too. You can carry them around anywhere and they’re really effective

12 gauge at home with buckshot and pumpkin balls

You could put a 500 Kv out runner brushless motor on each wheel on each leg, and put a new spin on your life with a 8C battery.

I love that chair. Haha

Only if you like other peoples hands on you. Sorry it is the same as carrying a knife only less effective.

Yes I have seen them and seen one in use. Would recommend a collapsing baton before a tactical pen. Pens would be last line of defence as the bad guy is at bad breath distance when it is effective to use.

Totally agree my friend. I carry an Emerson Karambit in my left pocket that pops open and locks when you draw it. The s*it has really hit the fan if your life depends on a pen (:

The pens are for “non permissive” places like amusement parks etc. If you’re carrying one it’s usually because you can’t carry anything very effective.

We got a stun gun a while back for her to keep in her purse. But I don’t have any friends stupid enough for me to test it on. It sure makes a lot of noise but I’m not sure how bad it hurts despite the YouTube videos (:

This dude lays down the law with a pen Focused Impact Volume 1: A Practical Course In Self-Defense With Tactical Pens - YouTube

“Rubber chickens, flashlights and kazoos are not defensive weapons.”

texas shooter

The key is using the rubber chicken in a manor that causes fear and respect at the same time. Very few can pull that off.

Who knows, if flashlight power continues to increase at the current rate, at some point it might be a useful weapon. When I got the Nitecore TM26 4,000 lumen when it first came out, I never thought there’d be 100,000 lumen lights in 2020. I watched a video on YouTube of a 30,000 watt laser blasting a hole completely through a truck from a mile away. Who knows what the future holds!