UltraFire MCU-C88

You really have to see this one in person to appreciate it. Once you pick it up you realize this is no budget light. It is big and heavy there is a lot of metal. The knurling and the finish is very high quality, it does not look or feel like a budget light. The reflector is amazing easily the best made reflector of any light I own. Once you turn it on there another revaluation, how does this thing throw so far simply amazing for a stock light and 3 usable modes nicely spaced with no useless flashy strobes. I could go on and on about this light, but the bottom line is I think it is easily worth the asking price and maybe even more.

Looking at this one: http://www.tmart.com/Ultrafire-MUCC88-500-Lumens-Aluminium-LED-Flashlight_p108158.html and it says that is has 3 modes, hi - med - strobe. But you guys mentioned its hi - med - low? You know if its wrong on the website, or if this is a different version.

I don't care, I'm going to mod it anyway: 1.4A AMC7135 driver and XP-G neutral white; still to be used on 3*AA alkalines.

That sounds like a great combination, please post photos when it's done I would love to see it.

I modded my c-88 with a neutral xpg ..and didn't change the driver ..just checked it the other day and it's doing 1.3 amps and i don't think the batteries are fully charged ..I started rethinking even bvothering changing teh driver ...One reason would be the PWM on low .

edit .. Stock driver is a 1.7 amp driver

1.3 was on 3.88 volts

4.04 volts is 1.6amps

Clearly going to mod the driver with a self-programmed one :)

9 kHz PWM :)

The only problem with the MCU-C88 is the spring to base contacts in the battery holder. I found with mine that filling the springs with aluminum foil which is compressed onto the base plate when a battery is inserted increased the current on mine from just under 1.2A to just over 1.6A and the beam difference was noticeable. Obviously its an easily reversible mod so its well worth trying.

You and me both DrJones, I have been following the same path with trying to order some C88's. I ordered them last thursday from Tmart and the status went to "processing" and has not budged. I contacted them in regards to this and have not got a reply yet.

Maybe with more people ordering they will stock it and ship it quickly!

UPDATE: Tmart has no stock either. But they issued a refund immediately after I requested one.

hmm....it's a 1.7 already

Stick an 18650 in it and see what it really pulls.

The stock driver is direct drive. More volts = more amps

Manafont - nope

KD - Nope

Tmart - Nope

Ebay? >$50 each so Nope.

DX - Nope

?

I saw 3.27 amps into an xpg r4 4b emitter ...for about 1/2 a second ...I'm sure it was going up too .

Maybe a LMR 18650 isn't a great idea [kids ...Don't try this at home ]

That's good news for anyone that wants to do an XML conversion no need to swap the driver just drop an XML in there and good to go.

It looks like KD has these back in stock :)

http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S009365

Still a big jump in price. I think I paid just over $28 for mine from MF about seven or eight weeks ago.

Not according to the email reply I got when I contacted customer service. Another case of knowing they are unavailable but leaving it up anyway.

Kudos to manafont for taking items down when they are unobtanium

I just don't understand the high price on this light. :^(

Supply/demand.

We're doing it to ourselves.

I just got a back order note from Tmart :(