UltraFire MCU-C88

Just went to order 3 of these and they are no longer available from manafont! D'OH!!!! I shouldn't have procrastinated. I hope my shame can be a lesson for all of my fence sitting brethren/

Naahh, too narrow :smiley:

What about Kaidomain? http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=10565 If you don’t like the Q5 you can mod it, the host is very nice for modding

Thanks,

Kaidomain might have to do, but as I was buying 3 it was going to be 26.50 each at manafont, I am going to have to ante up almost $30 extra for them at KD. I will try to get a hold of manafont and see if they are getting more.

$31.90 IF YOU BUY 3 ..

15 $ extra

if U snooze you lose

Truer words never spoken...

It has disappeared and come back from the site before, so here's hoping.

TMart has it for 26$ EDIT: Argh... 34$, sorry, had checked the wrong currency...

I measured the mag rebel,sipik sk68 and fenix tk20 and the results:

mag rebel 15000lux 1 meter

sipik sk68(1 AA) 4800 lux 1 meter

fenix tk20 4500 lux 1 meter

I think it's interesting to know,sorry if i am off topic.

Jim has told me that they are having temporary supplier stability issues and he will be notifying me when they have this light again. I will of course let everyone here know right away. I suggest that if you are wanting one of these, let manafont know. The more sales they have waiting the faster they will get it back in.

lots of other places carry the light it was one of the only good deals at manafont .. they sold it about 5$ cheaper than some others .. generally I find manafont a few bucks higher

I was playing around getting some lux numbers and I decided to get out my stock C88 (I have an XML modded one as well) and I confirmed something I had though previously. The LED sits too far into the reflector when the head is fully tightened. I got nearly 5K more lux from it by simply loosening the head a turn or so.

Unfortunately on mine that is far enough that the o-ring is no longer holding the head still and it will turn freely. I need to find something to shim it with. The beam also looks better (more typical) this way.

EDIT: A 26mm o-ring works just fine between the head and body to move the head out a little. On my XM-L C88 I need two or even more since the PCB is thicker than the stock one. I did gain about 3K on the XML by loosening the head.

Thanks for sharing.

I'll ask my daughter if they are interested in a tighter beam for their use. If so, I'll turn a ring from some nylon-like stock that I should still have. That will allow to apply normal tightening torque to the threads (for a good electrical contact too).

You didn't find the need for a matching spacer around the emitter as well? (speaking from memory, as I haven't access to the light right now).

All the o-ring is doing is stopping the head from going that extra 1 mm and keeping it from being loose. I’m sure there are more elaborate solutions, but this is working fine for now. This does not affect any electrical contact at all. Both the head and the body screw directly onto the pill, so the head can be removed entirely and the light still functions. (It makes a nice candle)

The hotspot is not only brighter but it's BIGGER, so you win in two ways. :)

I mentioned the plastic ring because I now have your solution implemented on my X9 tailcap (took away the lanyard holder) and the softness of the o-ring doesn't let me apply the amount of torque that I feel might be required for a reliable electrical contact across the threads. The light works fine, though.

Anyway, what you say about the brighter and bigger hotspot is amazing. Who (what) is paying the bill - the corona - the outer spill?

Well worth it if they stock it at the Brooklyn warehouse and can get it to my mailbox in 3 days.

If they have any at all. I keep ordering it from different vendors and paying with Paypal only to get a notification that it isn’t available. Each refund is costing me $4 on my PayPal account. Grrrrrrrrrr! I will check tmart, wish me luck.

It looks to me like it would be the corona. To me the C88 has a bit of a strange beam even when focused properly.

I still love this light and it feels so good in the hand. I just wish it was a hair longer to easily fit 26650/18650s.

Ordered it at KD a few days ago, got refund and a mail that it's out of stock. Now tried TMart. Hopefully that works.

i really want this , id get 2 @$20 but $34 is a little steap .

anyone know why this is so costly - just seems a bit overprice IMO

You really have to see this one in person to appreciate it. Once you pick it up you realize this is no budget light. It is big and heavy there is a lot of metal. The knurling and the finish is very high quality, it does not look or feel like a budget light. The reflector is amazing easily the best made reflector of any light I own. Once you turn it on there another revaluation, how does this thing throw so far simply amazing for a stock light and 3 usable modes nicely spaced with no useless flashy strobes. I could go on and on about this light, but the bottom line is I think it is easily worth the asking price and maybe even more.

Looking at this one: http://www.tmart.com/Ultrafire-MUCC88-500-Lumens-Aluminium-LED-Flashlight_p108158.html and it says that is has 3 modes, hi - med - strobe. But you guys mentioned its hi - med - low? You know if its wrong on the website, or if this is a different version.