Ultrafire UF-T70 Triple XM-L

Hi luvlites...thanks for posting the graph. I also noticed that light meter of yours has gotten great reviews from amazon customers. I just ordered it.

You're welcome. I'm happy with it and have made three simple lightboxes that work surprisingly well IMO. One from a foil-lined shoebox with a 2" 45 degree PVC elbow attached as the inlet, another from a 2" 90 Degree PVC Elbow, and one from a 1.42 gallon Clorox bottle, wrapped in foil and then duct tape. I got into lightboxes after getting ripped off by an unscrupulous dealer when I was even more of a newbie than I am now.

Just came in from outside... this makes my Zebralight SC600 look dim. OK, I know they're not in the same class but this is my first "really bright" light. Brightest I owned until now was a TK35. This light is amazing; can't believe it was so inexpensive. Am having a celebratory scotch on the rocks.

Been debating between this torch and the new SkyRay King!! Leaning more towards this one. I just dont like that color on the SkyRay King.

Anyone have a suggestion of best place to order one from?

Got mine from hkequipment (who I'd recommend) but they're sold out.

It came wrapped exactly like yours. I'm really loving this thing :) I'll take some current readings tomorrow..

Using my Pila charger, it typically charges my batteries to 4.15v. I used an off-brand charger to recharge my Redilast 18650-2600's to 4.2v exactly and tossed them in. On "High" mode I'm now getting 2.70a.

Looks like they're in stock at the Official UltraFire Shop. But it will cost you $110 + $8 shipping. Which I don't think you'll regret when you're on your deathbed. You only live once :)

http://www.ultrafire-shop.net/UltraFire_Shop.php?view=productPage&product=129&category=10

Hey luvlites...got my luxmeter today. Much better quality than I thought it would be and from the reviews, it should prove great. I just have to practice using it and see how my lights fair against one another. Thanks.

Glad you like it so far! Let me know how it works out... and if you need any Gilligan's Island style lightbox designs that take 15 minutes to make and actually work, just let me know.

If I've used it correctly, it registered 406,000 lux from my DRY NW on Turbo, and 396,000 lux from my UF-T70 on High @1 meter. I have to figure out how to formulate this into lumens. I'll certainly be contacting you soon to help assemble a light box. Thank you.

406,000lux?! 396,000lux?! which mean they can throw approx. 1.2km?!

Yikes...must have been 40,600 lux for the DRY and 39,600 lux for the UF-T70. Yeah, that seems more like it.

Lol yeah that make more sense. Anyway I think you can't convert the lux number into lumens directly, unless you do some ceiling bounce test or do it inside a light box or something.

Hmm.. No. 40kcd is more like a thrower. DRY should give you something around 20kcd. (As measured at least by me and DrJones)

most numbers for the DRY are about 20-25K, i think

I love my UF-T70!

Your meter is only supposed to go up to 50,000 lux (officially anyway). I have taken higher readings but don't know how accurate they were. Readings from a lightbox will be lower. For example, I measured 12,600 lux from my Ultrafire UF-T70 in my shoebox lightbox.

Richie, how's your luxmeter working for you?

Nobody else has this light? Just put three 3100s w/Panasonic cells in it and it's even more awesome than I'd thought!