Ultrafire UF-T70 Triple XM-L

im expecting the T70 to have a similar beam pattern to the RRT3 actually but who knows.

Here's another competitor: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?332358-Review-of-ThruNite-pre-production-3-XML-light-with-measurements-and-outdoor-beamshots

so it has high low and crazy fast strobe . once you tighten the tail cap the mode is locked, the low is about 180 to 220 lumens which is a guess

This one kind of looks like what most probably wanted the DRY to look like. It definitely has nice style but it won't put as much light out as the DRY and most people here won't have the desire nor have the experience to switch drivers. I think the price in combination with high output of the DRY is still a winner for a group buy so don't be kicking yourself like you missed out on a better deal. Now if this light had been released at the same time with a similar driver then I'm sure there would have been very little contest :)

I would buy this over the any day. You can always change the driver.

This is sweet. The dry is still Ugly.

Any pics? Beamshots? Can you detect any PWM? I am assuming there is.

The tail switch seems to on the battery holder. I do not like that.

similar to the TK35 then, no?

Don't know, I don't have a TK35.

Can some how has a TK35 tell me please.

Well, i had one but i upgraded. so yes, it is similar to the tk35 with both on=off and mode change switch on batt carrier. Hopefully this one is as well-made as the tk35 carrier

So I assume if the switch stops working it would have to be de-soldered from the board and a new one resoldered back on?

This is called a generic triple XML :)

probably. Anyone with more practical skills chime in?

That is correct. This setup eliminates one more area of resistance - the tailcap spring.

I didn't realize the switch soldered to the board was actually a good thing. That's great to know. Thanks for the information.

Yea, thanks. Makes me feel more confident about wanting to order it :)

Glad to help.

FWIW, the DRY uses the same setup, and likely the same switch. In that app, it can handle 5A at over 12v, or 15 amps at 4.2v.

That is quite a bit of current.

no one else bought it yet? :)

Kaidomain S020143 $100.78

Ebay $109

CN Quality Goods $92 + $17.30 shipping=$109.30

HK Equipment $99.99

Official UltraFire Shop $110 + $8 Shipping= $118

the ebay link is also from HKequipment

How reliable is making a purchase from HK Equipment? I've never purchased from them before. I like the price especially since it includes shipping. Even without a turbo mode, feeding each emitter with 2.6ma should produce a great amount of light.