Ultrafire UF-T70 Triple XM-L

really reliable. there's a thread on them on BLF. 2100 estimates taht this should put out 2000 OTF lumens at least and I hope he's right :)

Hi folks,

Just placed my order for this flashlight. I assume it'll be weeks before it arrives. I just hope the battery carrier can handle the length of Redilast 18650- 3100mAh cells. I've never purchased a flashlight knowing so little about it before, so we'll see what happens. Not having a turbo mode may not be such a bad thing and make this a bit more usable than the Dry.

I will say this much, I've had my eye on the NiteCore TM-11 for its incredibly small size and high output. But I wasn't thrilled about the UI and all the bad units so many have received, and still are receiving. So the TM-11 has been put on hold for now.

But seeing it at HK Equipment for $225.00 delivered is a pretty amazing price. If not for the issues with it, I would have grabbed it.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted as to when my UltraFire UF-T70 will arrive. Thank you all for your help.

looking forward to hearing about it

if it is decent, i'd take two uf70s over a tm11 ANY day

if the carrier doesnt then you can use washers to extend it, just like the DRY carrier. good luck and keep us posted!

I want this light sooo bad . . . would love to do a comparison review with the Dry. Of course, no comparison needed to see that it is better looking.

brokeFoy

I don't have the Dry, so the closest to the UF-T70 I have (excluding HID's) to compare is my Skyray 3xT6 3800. Using Redilast 2900's, I get 2.84mA on high at the cap. Considering the Ultrafire will have larger reflectors, the difference in output should be very interesting to see.

What run time do you get with the Redilast batts. in your skyray 3xT6 3800?

[/quote]
What run time do you get with the Redilast batts. in your skyray 3xT6 3800?
[/quote]

Hey Scooby...I've never ran it more than about 15 minutes, or done any long-term runtimes on high. I purchased this one back when they were first offered by Manafont, so I assume mine would be considered Rev.0. As you know, soon after people started having trouble with them, so I never wanted to push my luck being that it arrived in mint condition and in perfect working order. However, if you find it important, I'd be happy to top off the Redilast 2900's and see how it goes.

Ric told me the T70 is definitely brighter than the Sky Ray 3800. I'm assuming this is his real world experience.

http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/ultrafire/11996-review-ultrafire-uf-t70.html#post157994

German review

Thanks for posting the link. Well, the buyer was only able to read 2.2a at the tailcap. I was hoping it would be closer to the rated 2.6mAh. But from his review, it appears you can use up to 70mm size 18650's. So that would include the various brands of 18650-3100's. Hopefully he'll post some beam shots so we can see what comes out of the business end.

2.2A is not bad, me thinks when you take into account losses due to resistance. Lets hope yours arrives earlier for comparison

I'm so tempted to buy one of these. Someone please talk me out of it!

no can do glen. It really is worth it for the money. Better made than the DRY (from what i see in pics posted) although not as lumen-intense.

Glenn, stop procrastinating and pick one up already so you can show it off at a local NYC GTG!!

EDIT: Oh, excuse me, I misread that, I thought you said to talk you INTO it...

xed888, I have the Dry and I'm very happy with it, but I'm wanting something that's built better. The Trustfire looks like it's built like a brick shit house.... Yo Tim, you are such a bad influence.. Not that I'm complaining lol! (xed888, you're bad as well)

Honestly I think my dry floods too much for winter use here at home. The glare in front of me blinds my nightvision. If this light focused the light a bit more than the dry I'd be into it. I'd like to see comparison between the two!

I think you'll be happy with the T70 then :)

With the amount of time its taking for me to get my DRY from the group buy (still haven’t received mine) I find myself wishing I had waited for this torch or the Skyray King. :frowning:

Johnny -

You ordered yours with the rest of us? Have they said what happened or . . . . whatever?

I've made my peace with the slow boat from China ($2 or free shipping after all) but the message-in-a-bottle shipping where it floats aimlessly in a circle before it sinks, never to be seen again . . . . that's where I draw the line.

What I'm trying (failing) to say is, I (think) I feel your pain.

hopeitcomestomorrowFoy