Ultrafire UF-T70 Triple XM-L

I think we're experiencing slower than normal shipping right now. I'm now over 2 weeks on 3 separate orders from 3 different vendors. Usually I'd have at least ONE by now (probably solarforce-sales - they seem to regularly ship the fastest). On a positive note, I bought something afternoon today on ebay and he already got it to the post office (domestic seller). Ebay is still the best!

Hi XED888....thank you for recommending HK Equipment for my purchase. I can't believe how fast they got this to me here in Long Island, New York. I ordered on Sunday, 2/12, and it just showed up. Packaging was excellent and physically the flashlight is in absolutely mint condition. I'm going to check the functionality of it and post back with some beam shot comparisions once it gets dark here. I can't believe how small it is. I'm likely going to be blown away by the even smaller size of my SkyRay King.

Glad to hear that! Now you can corroborate my testimonials haha

I cleaned all the contacts and placed my new Readilast 18650-3100's in, BTW...they easily fit. Actually, there is enough room to fit even larger length batteries. Nice to see they've built this flashlight to work with the latest 18650's. As for brightness against a wall, I can say honestly it beats out my SkyRay 3800 that was loaded with Redilast 2900's. The UF-T70 has a brighter and tighter hot spot and a lot of spill. Mode memory works perfect as well as "mode lock".

That's all for now until I can post some beam shots and a shot of it in the hand for scale purposes.

BTW...the battery carrier is very robust and in no way cheap or flimsy in the least.

Just a quick photo of a hand-hold. This should give you an idea

of just how nice and compact this light is.

Richie, looks really nice. Can't wait to see some beamshots!

save for the 40w microfire HID from cnq :p

Here's a couple of photos for you. The difference isn't dramatic, but the T70 wins in the spill and brightness contest.

Distance to shrubs is 72 feet.

SkyRay 3xT6 3800 (Rev 0.) Batts are Redilast 2900's

UltraFire UF-T70 w/Redilast 3100's

Left is UF-T70, Right is SkyRay 3800. Centered dark spot separates the beams.

I'd say that a fair amount brighter. I'd dare say it's a lot brighter.

The Sky Ray 3800 rev 0 with 2.55A at the tail (absolutely fresh and excellent quality cells so it does not give you inflated current measurements) is about 16k cd.

The prices are insane!

This is my first flashlight in this type of battery configuration. Does anyone know how I can get an amp reading from the tail section? I'm really curious to see what the LEDs are being feed.

Hey folks...I decided to open this T70 up and see the goodies and I was really impressed, I thought I'd post a photo of what I found. After unscrewing the bezel and removing the crystal clear lens, I realized the assembly (pill) was screwed in. With a slight bit of effort, it started to turn and turn and turn until I was able to lift it out. This is one super heavy duty brass screw-in Ultrafire used. Even a novice would be able to tell with all the fine threads and the amount of turns required to remove it, the thermal transfer on this light is at the top of the heap.

If you want to talk about weight, with my Redilast 3100's installed, my digital postal scale shows 668 grams, and 230 of those grams is the screw-in itself. It was always my impression that the weight of this light was due to the fancy looking outer casing, totally not so.

It looks like the Ultrafire engineers really hit a home run with this heavy duty brass screw-in.

I'm sure any flashlight can profit from adding some Artic Silver to the treads of this type of light, but after seeing and holding this thing, I doubt it's even necessary. I wasn't sure how to remove the reflector to check the soldering, so I'll have to figure that one out.

The positive contact houses a very nice heavy duty spring which allows

for compression and lateral movement.

This is great info Richie! Thanks!

Wow. That's impressive and surprising.

Richie bezel and body are one piece?

I mean, two parts of bezel and body are not screw in.

Who said Ultrafire can’t make something properly, thats one hefty pill there!

Hi Pok...all components screw together with more than sufficient threads. Please see below photo for the complete break-down of the light.

BTW...thanks folks for all the great comments!

its a two piece. Crenelated bezel screws onto head and head screws onto body

So what's the PWM freq of this light? It can be estimated visually with a camera too. (someone take a picture at say 1/10 seconds in manual mode with it moving across the frame)

Lookin' real nice Richie. Very tempting!