UPDATE: 5/19!! Review: ULTRAFIRE HD2010 from Tmart (warning: lots of pics!!)

You can get a 26650 charger for less than $5 at Intl-Outdoor

Tracking has confirmed: I get mine tomorrow! Woo!

Troop, I saw that charger. Can you confirm it’s a decent one? I broke and ordered a pair of 26650 TF Flames from MF. So at least i’ll have decent protected cells in a couple weeks. Almost bought a charger too, but then saw Erik’s note that he charges them on his T001… Figured I’d save the money for now. I mean…we are budget-minded folks, right? :slight_smile:

I have just recieved two of the chargers trooplewis pointed out. I have charged a couple of batteries in one to make sure it cut of correctly. 4.19 volts it terminated at and did not put any more charge into the battery when left on for another four hours. Charge current is not that high. Hopefully the second one will terminate the same as they will be gifted with torches. It has a US plug on it. I'm using it with an adaptor.

Thank you both for that. I’ll order one of those IO $5 jobbies soon. :slight_smile:

I received my Tmart HD2010 today and I am IN LOVE! My all-time favorite light is the UF-980L and I thought there was no way I would ever find another I preferred over it. Especially a single cell single emitter XML. WRONG. From my initial calculations, this light pull around .5A less than the 980L with several different battery types, but it IS brighter as far as spot intensity and ceiling bounce goes. I love the size and 26650 capabilities (although I don’t have any yet). Can’t wait to go try it out over some long distances!

I tested the light on an AW IMR 18650 and got 3.4A on high (compared to a 4.0X on the 980L) which I believe is very respectable. I paid $33.52 for the light and it made it to me in 5 business days. This just dethroned the 980L off the nightstand for tonight!

I got mine from TMart yesterday. 4 days. oh, and yes….its AWESOME! Thanks to Foy and Johnny Mac for reviews that make me buy stuff. Also have a TF Z8 on the way. Didn’t need that at all. :slight_smile:

(edited for content - typos and such, because my smart phone isn’t so smart.)

Congrats on both. I received the Z8 with the same order yesterday and I love it! It only pulled 1.1A on a Trustfire Flame 14500 (i don’t have IMR’s in that size yet) but it has got to be one of the best lights I have in terms of quality and asthetics (sp?)!

Yeah, I read about the poor performance of the Z8 an TFFs. Too bad, because that’s what I have to run mine when I get it. They fuel my sk68 clones winningly, so, I guess its the xm-l? Either way, excited to get that little torch.

I de-domed the XM-L in my HD2010 today, just for laughs.

Goes like the clappers now!

I was very, very careful, and picked apart the dome with a very, very sharp knife and a pair of tweezers. The last part of the dome broke off, and still remains covering the bond wires, and I’m not game to try and get it off, so there’s a minor artifact in the beam because of it, but I’d call it a 99% success. I sliced straight through the top of the dome, leaving about 1mm of (now flat) silicon covering the die. Then I used the knife to lift the silicon on 3 sides (I didn’t want to break the bond wires) then picked it off with the tweezers. It came off in one chunk, minus the bit still covering the wires.

Some pics

I have no means of measuring the output or lux increase or whatnot, but the spot is now half the size it used to be on my office wall, and it hurts even more to look at.

I’m pretty sure this will now keep up with some of the big boys for lux, if nor sheer output.

Its dark where you are. Any chance of some outdoor beam shots? Hows the colour?

The colour is good, maybe 5500K. I’d take beamshots, but it’s mysteriously stopped working…

I’m not sure if the LED has failed or if it’s another issue.

Bugger. Make sure that the reflector has not shorted on the led. Also the spring in the tailcap was dry soldered on mine.

No shorts. I removed the reflector and no go.

I measure voltage at the MCPCB, but no go.

I must have damaged the emitter somehow. I was shining it up the street and it just stopped, and that’s all she wrote.

Hmm…

Summer is gone, seems like I have been missing some fun here :bigsmile:

After troubles of fitting some 2 x 18650 batteries in some “2” x 18650 lights… this should be a great light using only a single cell.

So based on your set ups what kind of run time are you all achieving on the stock set up?

Really interested to hear what you guys are experiencing.

Also, does this light have voltage step down?

Thanks,

Knoxp

Those really are good chargers for the money. I have bought and sold at least a dozen over the past year or so and I still have 3 that I occasionally use. I love the fact that you can charge basically any type of battery and that they are so inexpensive. My King Kong flat top 26650s fit in mine.

Did you manage to get your flashlight working?

You have come to the right place, knoxp!

My HD2010 died as well. Just went to turn it on and nothing at all! This after I was so careful not to use the light until I had taken care of the potential shorting issue with the reflector (put tape on the bottom of my reflector). Seems the LED is blown. The LED looks normal, no discoloring at all. When I put a battery in with the switch on and measure voltage across the wires attached to the star I am getting 4.15v. When I turn the switch off I get 0.00v like I expect.

What do you mean by "I measure voltage at the MCPCB, but no go." Where are you measuring at? And you're measuring "0.00" volts? If you're measuring "0.00v" at the star leads, I'd say your driver isn't passing the voltage/current to the star and the star (LED) may be fine.

-Garry

Well this can’t be good. Mine hasn’t given me any issues at all, and I hope this LED death thing isn’t going to be a common issue. Sorry to hear about your HDs, guys. Any contact with TMart yet?