Upgraded Thorfire s70s

Oh man, I ordered my S70 a few hours ago, but I didn’t see a choice on emitter color. Are they all cool white? I hope so.

By stacking r100 and get values above 7 amp in tail with fresh liitokala, it is very easy to do remove ring, remove driver do not need anything else. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Ordered mine last week :smiley: The tracking said origin country Sweden?? Ordered it from Banggood. Cant wait to do a complete mod on this light :stuck_out_tongue: There tracking system is down, three days now, so it’s a guessing game on its arrival time.

Yep they are all cool white, (not a fan myself).

Except a steady hand and a magnifying glass. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks

I think b-h may be on “holiday” till tomorrow. :wink::beer:

But HERE is a link that will get you started in finding your answer to the “solder blob” question.

It seems like there is a video somewhere as well as a thread on the complete process, but I can’t find it right now due to time constraints. When I do I’ll post links to them.

The link above should be a good start though. I hope it helps……… :wink: … :+1:

Not so much, just a little patience and some tweezers, very easy there is only one important detail, welder well hot and brief periods to not burn components, greetings!

Wouldn’t it be safer to run a piece of copper wire to make the bridge? Solid core wire that is. This is who I watched do the mod. Can’t understand a word he is saying but can see exactly what he is doing. I just skipped through to the good parts :stuck_out_tongue:

No.

Who ever said that the S70 doesn’t get hot? My original S70 gets very warm!

There is a picture showing the resistor mod in post 131.

Nice, the mod is at 29:00.

It looks like we will need to bypass the springs as well to get full current.

Sorry, can’t see where the bridge was made. bad eyes :person_facepalming:

Really? Look at 32:00. You can see the wire strand. He built up the solder height first, then added the tiny wire.

Or look at post 131. You can see the R100 resistor stacked on top of 2 others.

Please dont just bridge it. Use a resistor to get better regulation. The performance increase will not be worth it the sweet spot is about 7amps if bridged it will run at about 9amps and just create to much heat.

M4X has a thread when he modded the original S70. Ill try and find it now.

Ironic coming from me seeing as i have told many people top bridge many things. I no longer see bridging as a permanent solution.

Thanks teacher!

For everybody else
Both the S70 and the L6 are tremendous value for money
Simon of Convoy and our own J-Dub74 have made the excellent L6 possible
The S70 at below $40 is a downright super deal simple

Bottom line, you can’t go wrong on either :wink:

OK, just took my 3 times magnifier to the computer screen and see it now :slight_smile: Thank you :smiley:

Solder blob. The video helped big time. :smiley: Now I under stand :smiley: Thank you for taking the time to find the video and show me :slight_smile:

My pleasure The Miller…… :+1:
And like you say, they are both great lights.
While I do have both, my personal preference is the L6; but that is based totally on looksnot performance.

I mentioned up in post #135 I thought I remembered a video of the “solder blob” for the S70. Well, my bad; I remembered wrong. :person_facepalming:
It was/is a short, but excellent; video about simple mods to the L6. If anyone is interested it can be found HERE … :+1:

Curious… do these lights (L6, S70 and S70s) use the 12V XHP70 or are they running the 6V version?

thanks!!

6v LEDs they have a buck driver to lower the voltage to the LED.