Upgraded Thorfire s70s

I have found that multiplying my lux reading by 5.26 gives me an accurate lumen figure.
I have come to this figure by testing over a dozen lights that either have ANSI ratings or known lumens.
Obviously each light tube/lux meter combination will need it”s own specific figure arrived at by testing multiple lights with known outputs.
I note for instance that Zeremifico multiplies his lux figure by 10 to get lumens.
I did note though that he just holds the light in the tube opening as opposed to having it in an insert so the light might move either in or out or the angle change & obviously light is bouncing out of his tube.
I do not know if this makes much difference to his accuracy but my lux figures are over double his.
My lights heads are held in my inserts so cannot move at all & no light escapes my light tube.
I just quickly did a lux reading on my S70s with a pair of Liitokala 26650”s showing 4.11v, so not quite fully charged.
The S70s showed 3898 OTF lumen.
I then tested my original S70 which had shown 3860 lumens previously on fully charged cells & with the same cells I got 3687 lumens.
I will re-test with fully charged cells later when I have the time.

Yeah new post, hoping it would be you Ian.
How about the button/switch operations, seems complicated so what is your take on it?
Mine still not here so I must console myself with reading :wink:

Don”t shoot me if this is wrong as I have only had a quick go with the light as I have been out all day :slight_smile:
From what I can see in normal operation turn the light on with the tail switch, the side switch illuminates & stays illuminated all the time the light is on.
Using the side switch press first time & low, then medium, then high, then turbo, then back to low & up again etc.
Turn off with the tail switch & when you turn back on then press the side switch you are in your last mode.
Long press in any mode turns the light off, side switch still illuminated, it only goes off if the power is turned off by the tail switch.
Second long press enters moonlight, short press turns moonlight off, another press enters last mode.
2 short presses enters strobe from any mode other than moonlight.
It is a bit “funky” but as I will probably only use high & turbo it is OK for me.
Oh the tail switch doesn”t feel as nice as the one on my S70 but I don”t know if this is the switch or just a thinner boot as I haven”t had a chance to dismantle the light yet.
It is not that the tail switch is bad it just doesn”t feel as nice.
EDIT:
I have just compared the tail switches & I think that the difference in feel is not the switch itself but that the rubber boot on the S70s is softer/thinner than on the S70.

Mine has arrived but I’m struck with the flu bug. Fun times….

Get well soon!

Ah BH I see so the side switch can be used as beacon, neat! Thorfire must have liked that from Narsil!

unknown00101 did not measure lux on Turbo ONLY.

Are you saying he measured lux for Turbo and then NOT measure for other brightness levels?

What do you mean by the other 3 levels are by “interpreted” tail cap amp draws? Do you know what the “interpreted” is? What gave you the idea that the other levels are “interpreted”?

If the “interpreted” is known, why then even bother with measuring lux for Turbo — when you can more easily measure tail cap amp?

Hmm does it really matter?
It is a dang bright light at +/-3800lumens with adequate cooling so it will not burn you even if you kick it back to turbo every time it steps down.
Threads are good, nice goodies in the box and now with some Narsil inspired things (beacon) and a lower low it not only got better but also cheaper, just darn nice!

Well said ‘b-h’. a “no brainer” for sure!

I think your constant questions are disturbing this thread. Please just PM me any questions. Thanks

Sound familiar ?

Are you asking me?

That’s my quote, so yes, I haven’t forgotten.

Why do you ask?

As with so many threads on BLF these days, this one became spam long ago.

AND not just any spam. This is the killin’ kind!

AND let us never forget:

Yep. I wish a mod could come in and clean it up.

:beer:

And yay in!
Exterior differences:
Round tube (logo top head)
Four nudges in bezel on the S
S slightly longer
Reflector stippling (is this a word?) A tad rougher on the S

Seems as bright
Same tint

UI is nice, love the beacon functionality!
Happy (though happy card not in box :frowning: )

Congratulations TM :+1:
Yes the S70s battery tube is 3mm longer.
The orange peel finish on the S70s reflector is slightly more pronounced than on the S70.
The S70 reflector base, the flat bit around the die, is OP but the same part on the S70s is smooth.
No “happy” card in my box either.

No, you don’t. (This maybe too complex for you.)

You access to Moon with long press when any regular mode is off.
Short press from Moon returns to regular mode off, the standby mode.
(Short press from there turn on the last mode used.)

Do you think you understand now?
Why are you all obsessed with S70s when you cancelled it?

Nope, I still don’t understand. Lol. That’s okay, I’ll figure it out from a video or something.

Duh, because they are great lights and I plan to buy one once I figure out if the new interface will work for my needs.

Wait, are you angry at me because I canceled my order?

Is that why you’ve been asking me all kinds of wierd questions?

Dude, you need to take a chill pill or something. Relax, bro.

You have not figured out yourself from the very video you showed me — without understanding yourself?

One of the reasons for your cancellation is that you cannot turn it on and off with the side switch. How much more figuring do you need?

And don’t forget about not getting replacement parts.

Whatever gave you that idea? No, I don’t get angry for people I feel pathetic.

If my questions were weird, that’s because I was responding to the weird statements.

Same to you, dude.

Yeah yeah…
Just buy the darn thing and you’ll figure out the UI. :+1: