Upgraded Thorfire s70s

Never know when you just might need all your lights, to help out in case of an event! My lights have helped out in 2 bad storms, one that flooded the neighborhood, never seen cars float down streets before, trees were downed all around crushing vehicles and some homes!

A few of the LEO’s and Firefighters that were there that night are neighbors and now friends of mine! So it’s not unusual to have a squad car with one of their rookies sitting in front of my house or just to come over and check out some new lights, and listen to their stories! :wink:

Anyone know of a cheap source(including shipping to USA) for Liitokala 26650 for this light?

I gotta resist this urge.

I gotta, I gotta, I gotta, ...

No resistance, just ordered one.

I tried resisting for a few hours then buckled & ordered one :person_facepalming:
Luckily this was at the beginning of the sale so I got mine for $37 & it shipped the following day :+1:

GearBest has them with more reasonable shipping to the us now. $5 shipping last time I checked through usps. Instead of like 20-30

Give into the light, the force is strong with this one :stuck_out_tongue: I ordered the S70 from Banggood on the 18th and now I see the S70S :person_facepalming:

I had to order one to fill the space on my shelf next to my L6 (which I just created by demoting my long in the tooth TRJ-12) :wink:

Look for the discount code for 4x LiitoKala by ‘r3crac’ :

Thanks

I predicted I was getting a 26650 light. I ordered the liito’s a few weeks ago from Gearbest. Was like $25 shipped 4pcs. Not too bad IMO.

Anyone try shaving the led dome? Results?

Does shaving also lower lumens as dedoming does?

It’s been done on the L6.
Stock was 75k lumen.
Shaving the dome off produced 100k.
Then adding an R120 resistor bumped it to 116k.
Adjusting the reflector height yeilded 130k.
Then an SMO reflector got 164k.

Amazon has a special where you get the light and two thorfire batteries for $69.99(I get 5% back so $66ish). Should I cancel my AliExpress order($39.99 + $16.99 for Amazon thorfire batteries = $57)??? Sorry just need an opinion lol

Is the AliExpress cancel process easy even if I have paid already?

My opinion…Do Not Cancel !!
IF you need batteries get LiitoKala’s… better batteries and you still save money. :slight_smile:

Edit: Take a chill pill too. Your over thinking this. :wink: . Your gonna worry yourself sick. :slight_smile:

What’s the best deal on the S70s? Is there a coupon I need to use to get it down to $37, cause I’m seeing $43 at the moment.

I think a $2 coupon is added automatically at checkout.
Still a good deal, last time I checked the S70 would cost me €80 on local Amazon.

It was $42 less a $3 discount & $2 off coupon so $42 less $5 = $37
It is now at $43 with a $2 coupon (the $3 discount has gone) so $41.
It is still a hell of a light for $41
You have missed the opportunity to get it for $37 sorry.

I got some of the Thorfire 26650”s about a year ago for a very good price, $12 a pair & they have been good cells.
If yours are the same as mine they are good cells.
However the Liitokala 26650”s are even better cells & cheaper.
You can get 4 x Liitokala 26650“s for $23.44 plus $4.31 shipping to the US so 4 delivered for $27.75.
That seems to be the best deal to the US at the moment http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_360842.html?wid=21
I have had a dozen for about 9-10 months & they are excellent.
Personally as you have ordered & paid I would leave it as it is :+1:
Also most of us have had our lights shipped within 24 hours so as it is now late Monday afternoon in China it may well have already been shipped anyway.

Kept the AliExpress order and ordered some Liitokala batts.