Upgraded Thorfire s70s

I think that you will be happy with all 3 items that you have ordered :+1:
Also if this now means you have some spare cells you have a good excuse to order another 26650 light or 2 :wink:

Good choice!
Like Ian said, I think you will be very happy with everything you ordered. :slight_smile:

I am among the bunch that ordered an S70S from Aliexpress last week (Feb. 22, to be exact). Curious to know if anyone else has had their order hung up awaiting shipping. I contacted them (Elfeland), the explanation is that they found something wrong before shipment, and returned it to the supplier. Theyā€™re asking for a week extension on shipping time. Iā€™m not happy, but will probably do it. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen with their order.

Yeah i had some delays too with them couple of weeks / month ago, something was not is stock, but they split the order and everything arrived eventually.
I ordered the S70S on the 24th and itā€™s shipped.
But about half an hour earlier i ordered an S41S, but that one hasnā€™t shipped yet (although the status is ā€˜awaiting deliveryā€™).

Strange though, that you seem to have to wait while you ordered 2 days before i did.
But itā€™ll probably get sorted and they will send you the light.
From what i understand they donā€™t even get your money until items are delivered.

Mine hasnā€™t shipped either, but I halfway expect not to get accurate shipping info from Aliexpress.

There seems to be a timer that will automatically cancel the order if its not shipped in 5 days. I went ahead and extended that another week. Iā€™m okay with waiting, but you guys should check your orders.

They also have the new vg15s 1070 lumen for $13 shipped from this seller

True, and I agree. This is how it goes when you deal with China.

They asked for 7 days extension, I tried to do that ā€” ended up giving them 10.

Coming late to the S70S partyā€¦

Nice they actually followed BLF members opinions regarding mode spacing - that was the only real complaint about this otherwise impressive and good value light. And the S70S for $40 is an AMAZINGLY GOOD deal!

Now i already have two L6 and one S70ā€¦ Iā€™m NOT going to order yet another one.
I wish they would sell the new driver alone.

Well looks like I missed out on the $2 coupon. But Iā€™m a new member to Aliexpress and it appears Iā€™ve got a $3 coupon for Aliexpress in general so itā€™s even better than initially thought.

But geez, if you were a Aliexpress member and an early buyer, you could have gotten the S70S for $42 - $3 (coupon from store) $2 (coupon from store)$3 (coupon from Aliexpress) = $34.

Coulda. woulda. shoulda.

I assume the FX30 driver would fit.

FX30 driver is about 30mm whereas s70s is 27mm

You can try to shave the edge to fit

So there is no replacement driver that fits? Man I feel sick. I thought the S70 was equal to the L6 and now I see itā€™s inferior.

Does anyone know of a replacement driver for this light? If not, Iā€™m going to cancel my order.

Are you sure itā€™s 27?

I was pretty sure it was 30 so I went back to PilotDog68ā€™s review of the original light and he says itā€™s 29.5mm. So I assume the FX30 will fit it. You might need to shave 0.25 mm off the edge, but that should be easy.

I donā€t know what diameter driver the S70s uses, as mine has not arrived yet, but PilotDogā€s review is of the original S70 not the new S70s so maybe the driver diameter is different on the new S70s compared to the original S70 ?

Maybe, but that would mean they changed the way the flashlight is machined. Thatā€™s a big change. I would assume this new version, just has different firmware programed inside the driver, thatā€™s all.

I would agree with you Jason I was only thinking out loud & pointing out that PDā€s review was not of the S70s but of the S70 :wink:
You may well be right as obviously the easiest & cheapest option for Thorfire, I would have thought, would just be different programming as opposed to different machining but I do not know especially as Nicolicous has stated the S70s driver is 27mm as opposed to the S70 at 30mm :slight_smile:

A 27mm driver opening would be pretty nice as it would allow for the 26/27mm FET drivers from RMM or Wight to drop right in. My original S70 has Wightā€™s 26/27mm driver in it soldered to a 30mm copper washer to make it fit. Its programmed with Toykeeperā€™s ramping firmware so I wouldnā€™t have to mess with the tail switch anymore. To me, a tail switch on a foot long, two pound flashlight doesnā€™t make any kind of sense at all. Nice for lock out I suppose.

Iā€™m seriously considering canceling my order since it hasnā€™t shipped out yet and instead buy the new Eagle Eye X9 they just released. It actually looks better than the S70s, plus I know they sell parts for their lights.

Yeah, that Eagle Eye definitely looks better.
If i were you iā€™d go for it.

Iā€™m not attached to the S70 and the X9 will actually turn on and off with the side switch. I love that feature.

Has anyone elseā€™s order self canceled after 5 days?