US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

Only if you swap out the driver, otherwise (I assume, without looking at the "driver") you will burn up the emitter quick. I'm thinking the 1 x 26650 route with a NANJG 105C is a good route. That would mean that the body would need to be bored out, cut down, and rethread though.

Welcome to the site!!

Well there you go! Get back there and look! :)

-Garry

(Aliens I tell you, Aliens!)

I took mine apart last night and took some Iphone pics. Stuffing a lflex in will require some heatsink mods.

Driver.

Cheap clicky switch.

20 mm star with a little dab of heatsink grease. Not Glued down. The mounting surface is solid but the screw in pill is hollow on the back side.

What am i missin here fellas?

Referring to the 26650 AND driver swap like JonnyC said…
I see the need to chop down the length and rethread, BUT,
why would the Defiant need to be bored out to fit a single 26650 (26mm), when a standard C is 26.2mm wide?

I tried fitting a TF Flame protected 26650 and it would not fit in the tube. It may not take much boring to make it fit.

-Garry

I'm going based on experience with a cut down C cell mag tube. I had to do some hand boring to get a 26650 IMR to fit (at least with the wrapping still on it).

A 26650 will not fit without boring the tube and I doubt the tube is thick enough.

Yes, I have one now. You guys lead me astray!Laughing

It's a Brinkman, defiant is produced for Brinkman. The store in Tyler did not have any out on the floor. Well, I just happened to stumble upon a manager and asked where I could find the SKU# in the store. The manager could not find it, but he said, "we have 36 in stock and you will not leave without one". 20 minutes and 6 employees later, the lights were found up top on a rack, destined for "future promotions".

I have one now.

sup1

sup2

sup3

sup4

sup5

I think ti will be a good thrower.

Look for the tear down and mod thread soon to come, LOL.

It could be a single 18650 light or it could be a 9AAA light.

ID of the tube is 25.93mm

OD of these Defiant "C" cells is 25.35mm

Nominal on a "C" cell is 26.2mm, but most are smaller. Some "C" cells may not fit!

26650 will not fit.

Ha! I knew you couldn't let it go by O-L! Maybe the "future promotion" will knock these down to $10 or $15? (Doubt it!). Has anyone been asked how you even know this light exists and how you have the SKU#?

-Garry

No one asked how. I told them to begin with, so they knew it was hopeless, LOL.

You know, I happen to have three Sub C NiMH cells that are just doing nothing. They might work great for this light. Cut down a little, but not a super shorty. Throw in a 3 amp driver and have fun.

Good battery info O-L!

They dont look light much in the family room but once you get outside and realize you completely light up the neighboors house 500M away you get the feeling that it’s $23 well spent.

Im curious to get home and try swapping the head from the previous Defiant 550lm “Xmas special” light. The bodys seem identical.

I think Defiant (brinkman) realized these things flew off the shelves at xmas and designed a better reflector head, but same body, and charge $5 more. (the 550lm was $18.98 on display).

These (according to the HD manager here) are the replacement for the other light, which did fly off the shelves here. Local police and fire dept guys took them all out in a day or so, from what the HD guy said.

My tube measures 26.00 mm ID. At the tail cap rim the wall was 1.38 mm. It might be able to survive a little reaming.

The guy probably thought to himself, "Oh no, one of these flashlight nuts again!" :)

-Garry

Look out Maglite! My Brinkmans have held up and word-of-mouth in many communities will be strong after the responders settle on something of good value.

I had a bunch of employees and a manager going for about 30 minutes today. I gave them the SKU # at the Service desk, and that really got things going. No one could understand how they could be in the store since Jan 10 and no one knows where they are. Manager said they “have no home”, which I found out, means they are not on display.
After awhile, when it all became a BIG mystery, they asked me “how did you even know they were here?”

I said, “I checked online and it said you had 35” They corrected me with 36.

Then they asked me how I even know they existed (at this point they were mystified) I thought quick and said that a friend bought one at another store and gave me the SKU #

They took my phone # and said they would call……………

The "no home" area is usually too crowded, so they just need to look at all the big boxes marked for display. They found mine 2 aisles away from the flashlight area. The box shows "Brinkman" and "Super Thrower". It's easy to see the Super Thrower on the box.

Maybe that will help. The boxed displays were on top shelves all over the tool section, which is where these were. The display box is about 4 feet tall and 24" x 24" wide.

Just got back from 30 mins in my home depot too. Couldnt find the damn things. And there is 72 of them somewhere in that big place.

I guess ill wait a week and try again!

Same story as everyone else. They have no home, have been in the store since the 14th and should be out already.

There is a conversation over at SlickDeals.net about this light. Someone mentions that we here at BLF are already on it, here is a quote from one of the posters referring to us

“Checked out that forum link. There are some hard core flashlight people out there, gotta love it.”

here is the link to the discussion

http://slickdeals.net/f/5818288-Home-Depot-22-97-Defiant-LED-Flashlight-493-Lumens?p=57130190#post57130190

As OL mentioned, it will help to let them know that this Defiant light may be in a Brinkman box

BTW, we picked up a new member here through SlickDeals, Sick97ss is also a poster in that discussion

Welcome Sick97ss, you have found a home here!