US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

It was found that the Trustfire A8 tube fits. Pulsar may also find out if the new A8 clone at DX fits as well.

-Garry

Garry,

Is that the right length so a 1x18650 would work? Do you have a thread/post #?

BTW, I think you were the one who started this thread? Is it like a record for the # of posts yet :)??

Edit: The A8 is 26650?:

http://www.focalprice.com/LF0095B/TrustFire_A8_CREEXML_T6_1000LM_LED_Memory_Flashlight_Black.html?utm_source=CS&utm_medium=GM_US&utm_campaign=CS_GM_US_LF0095B&gclid=CIGrw9iL0rYCFQVU4AodeBsAcg

So does that mean that the Defiant head+switch part would be interchangeable with the A8?

I believe it was Scaru that found that the BLF A8 tube fit. It's a 26650 light, so you'd need a space with an 18650 (3/4" PVC suffices I believe). (Sorry no post number, but I'll see what I can find with a search.)

Yes, I started this thread and had no idea it would ever get this big! It's definitely my post with the most replies!

-Garry

Sounds like a good reason for you to either do a giveaway, or get a prize or something :)!

Scaru's comment on the A8 fitting. Post #304

Ubehebe's post #317 describing A8 use.

I swear I saw a photo of it, but I can't find it now.

-Garry

I think I found it (the photo):

Post #47. Is that the one?

Jim

Shhhh . . . I cruised right past 3000 posts and no one said anything yet. I want to do a giveaway, but I'm not financially able to do so right now. I would consider a giveaway with this HD Super Thrower, but #1) my local HD's no longer have this in stock, and #2) I would have to restrict it to US members as it's so darn expensive to ship this light internationally!

-Garry

Well that's not the Trustfire A8, but I forgot about that cheap light fitting it! That would probably be your cheapest option!

-Garry

It’s not an A8? Oh. Looked more at that, but didn’t see a mention of where that tube DID come from, but maybe I missed it?

Does the A8 tube work though, as-is, with a 1x26650?

Yes, there have been many reports though I have not personally tried it.

-Garry

Here's a link to that cheaper 26650 tube light.

-Garry

Thank you!

Hmm… Brown?

Plus I like this part: “Waterproof, but don’t put it into water long time”… How long is a “long time” :)?

Debating about an A8 or this one now :(…

Jim

Edit: Decided to go with an A8. Wish it was cheaper from CONUS, so had to buy from China via Ebay. That included a TF 26650 (which I don’t have) and charger and holster…

Thanks to all the members who responded to my plea for another Defiant 3C. I will get to you all shortly. Cheers guys.

I only use it with the A8 tube. Also you can put the head of the A8 on to the Defiant battery tube but you no longer have a switch to make it turn on and off….

>>>>>Does the A8 tube work though, as-is, with a 1x26650?

Yes, it definitely 100%, no-fooling-arond, absolutely, POSITIVELY works. I have personally tried it with three HD super throwers.

Or at least the BLF special edition A8 works. I can’t speak about whether other A8s are the same screw pitch and size. As we know, ye olde Chinese manufacturers change their manufacturing specs on these lights faster than the feds raise our taxes and eliminate deductions.

Can you just loosen the tailcap a little to turn it off?

The thread size on the 3C battery tube where it screws into the head is 30mmx1mm pitch. The o’ring groove measures 28.47mm. I machine 26650 battery tubes to 26.6mm diameter. if this tube was machined out to 26.6mm I would believe that the tube would be strong enough in day to day use as long as you weren’t using it as a club. I will machine mine out tonight.

Are you putting the A8 into the DST switch section, or into the finned section and using tailcap.

Will the switch section not run the A8 head due to the long spring from the head?

I am just screwing the battery tube to the head of the A8. Both the side switch to the DST and tailcap switch of the A8 are on the DST.

Hi,

I just wanted to confirm. The A8 that you all are talking about is this one, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180852775892?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I hope so, because that’s the one I bought earlier this week, but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks,
Jim