US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

@Flomotion Thanks for the links. I’d probably try the ebay one but even then that looks like too nice of a light just for the tube lol

oooh! Maybe I’ll check the flashlight house guy on craigslist and see if he’s got some cheap ones.

How about just putting in High Amp C Ni-Mh? Should work?? Somebody??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-x-C-Size-9500mah-Ni-MH-1-2V-Rechargeable-Battery-Cell-green-/350839522396?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item51afaa445c

Well, I will find out just ordered 5 cells.
So, I have a 3 cell DST, will try OEM, and watch for Smoke Signals, and I will but 5 in the 5 c cell Defiant, after I put in a MT-G2. So everybody says it is DD, so my reasoning is the 5 x 1.2 is 6 volt, just right for the MT-G2, then I doubt that those green cells will deliver 9.5 amps, but maybe 5, so that should make a nice MT-G2 mod J) J)

I saw that one show up on FT and considered it for the DST. The design would actually somewhat match the head too. Queuing it up for my next order.

I know what lights to get tubes off from, but I would rather buy a light with an extension tube that I can use, instead of buying a light just for the tube and toss the rest aside

but looking at the x-power, the extension tube wont work alone

Someone posted a $15 and then later a $10 deal alert for a 2 x 26650 light from Meritline. It wasn’t advertized at a 26650 light, but it takes them. The light came in brown and pewter (silverish, but darker). That light’s body screws into the DST head. It wouldn’t light up when I did it, but I didn’t try to figure what was the issued. I don’t think the threads are anodized. I just made a mental note that I could use it for that. I will try take a picture tonight and post.

Thanks for posting this.

That host/light looked so familiar to me… I have an MT-G2 light that was built for me that uses it, but I had tried putting some KK 26650s in it awhile ago, and they wouldn’t fit into the tube (KKs too large diameter), so I just tried with a TF 26650 (flame) and an UF 26650 (red wrapper) and they did fit.

So, bottom line is that that host does take some 26650s, but in particular, not the KK 26650s (for me at least).

Also note that the body/tube is one piece, i.e., you can’t break it into two shorter pieces.

I have not tried the body in my MT-G2 DST yet, but will soon. If it does work with my DST, it’ll give me an option, as I’ve been using 2x18350s.

EDIT: Just tried it, and the body won’t thread into the DST head (too loose), at least for the light that I have.

Here is the same light from Banggood, remember new customers get 10% more discount and they do carry Fenix including TK75

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-CREE-XML-T6-5-Modes-Silver-Strong-Long-range-LED-Flashlight-p-64191.html

http://www.banggood.com/Fenix-TK75-Cree-XM-L-U2-2600-Lumen-Waterproof-LED-Flashlight-4x18650-p-72036.html

My first job on the lathe should be to build an adapter that allows a Solarforce body to fit on the DST head. Still months out from getting my lathe in the basement and being able to work on stuff though.

Ohaya, sounds like you might have something different or that the QC on this light is really bad. My KK ICR’s fit it fine and the threads were a snug fit. Sounds like yours is narrower. Does Flowmotion’s link look like it? It looks like mine best I can remember. I will report back tonight.

Not happy with HD right now. Ordered a DST 3C last night for pickup since the site said they had 2 left. This morning I wake up to an email saying they cancelled my order!!! Walk into the store today (not the one i ordered from) and they had 20+ 5C units sitting right in the door but online it says they are sold out! WTF can HD get their act straight?

BTW im going to keep placing an order for the 3C until they fill it or call me saying they are out since online it says they have stock of them!

The Sky Eye apparently fits as well.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/19542

Why does everyone say they'd hate to buy a FL for the tube and throw away the rest? If the tube fits the DST, won't the DST's tube fit the donor's head? You'd still have two complete FLs.

It looks pretty much like that also. Not sure why the one I have won’t thread into the DST head (note I’m going into the head, with NO switch section, i.e., I don’t use the original DST side switch).

Ahah... Missed the obvious. Buy the sky eye for the tube, and gift the 3c with sky eye head to my dad. And I get another 18650 sleeve and 3xAAA carrier. Genius

PERSISTENCE might pay off, placed yet another order for the DST 3C and got an email saying its ready to pick up :smiley: if this is true then im happy and ill grab the two remaining lights! Now to find a suitable donor body since i dont like the sky eye look

This or this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350814712987?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141014092278?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Flomotion, will that first one work? So basically any 22650 flashlight will work is what im getting from all these suggestions

Just the ones that have been suggested…

I regret to report that the solution I suggested in post 946 above is not a viable solution. I have both a brown and a gray version of this light. Both work in my case, but Ohaya is correct in his assessment. In my case, the tubes of both lights thread into each other securely, but the pitches of the threads do not match. I wouldn’t want to screw and unscrew them too many times. The DST has finer threads. So it would be a lottery if one was to take this approach. I also do not think the tubes look good switched. The tube works in the DST with a spacer of about 3 to 5 pennies thick.

Burrs or deformation on the tube end could make the some 26650’s not want to slide in. The KK ICR’s are a nice snug fit. Slide easy, but no room for defects.

EDIT: If one really wanted to take this approach. They probably could use copper tape if the tube is loose like Ohaya’s turned out to be.

The thread on the Defiant 3C is 30mm diameter x 1mm pitch. I dont have the other light you are pilfering the battery tube from but I do have an original JM05 battery tube here which is what this light was copied from and the thread on it is 29.5mm diameter x 1.25mm pitch. With the loose tolerances on these threads is the reason that some will screw on and others wont.