US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

I just picked up 4 @ $12.00 each

As per my earlier post, because this new lower price ends with a “0” it will be the final markdown price.
Get em while you can.

BTW Garry, this will surely push this topic over 1000. Aren’t you glad it’s now only $12?

only 21 to go…………

Are you sure they'll be $12 in my store? Guess I'll have to check it out Monday.

-Garry

12$…I have to find another store close by that has them.I’m gonna walk up the hill and check the store next to work later, but I have never seen them there.Mabey I’ll drang Wang up with me for good luck?Oh ya, 19 to go Garry!- :smiley:

You probably will have to bring one up to the register to have them scan the price. In CT in all the stores I have been in, no store has ever posted a reduced price for this light, even when it was lowered to 16.98. Same goes for the Defiant 5C light. One reason they have not sold, no one has any idea that they have a reduced price, not even store employees.
BTW, the 5C is still 16.98 at this store.

Nice find Dchomak. Thank you for reporting. Just in the nick of time to because I won't be near another HD until Monday.

I think it is all stores. I tried to look it up on line and none of the stores I checked even have it in the system now. I burned up my whole lunch hour driving out to a far away store to try to find some. I haven't seen any in the store near me is some time now. When I finally asked for help, they could not find SKU in the system. They tracked down an employee that knew some old DOS-type system and found them. Said they had 10 in isle 25. Not there, then someone said they saw them up front. The person up front said there were only like six, but some other employee moved them. This went on for a bit, then one employee spotted them on a high self. She actually spotted the $12.00 sticker. The front of the self was barely reachable by me (I'm 6'1") and the lights were tossed towards the back of the shelf. They were loose and no longer in that display box. I'm pretty sure whoever put them there was hoping no one would buy them.

I found something to step on and grabbed 4. Stealing DenB's idea, I think I may try to make light using 3 or all 4 of them.

See? Sometimes you have to go the extra yard to get what you want. Someone once said “Only fanatics in this world get anything of importance done”

When I first started reading this thread 6 Xm-l light bar build the first thing that came to my mind was why not take the easy way out and bolt 6 - C8 heads on a heat sink and go from there. Now that the DST is only $12 we could use 6 of those!

You guys will laugh at this… I saw someone today about to buy a Mag 3 or 4 D in the tool aisle. I basically dragged him to the clearance rack and forced the Defiant on him. (It was tagged as $16.98, but maybe he got a good surprise at the register.)

Getting mighty close to 1000!

Even closer… :party:

I checked two stores last night, still $16.98.

It showed that price on-screen too at the store I purchased them, but it rang up $12.00 at the checkout.

I will repeat my post from before

This is important
You probably will have to bring one up to the register to have them scan the price. In CT in all the stores I have been in, no store has ever posted a reduced price for this light, even when it was lowered to 16.98. Same goes for the Defiant 5C light. One reason they have not sold, no one has any idea that they have a reduced price, not even store employees.
BTW, the 5C is still 16.98 at this store.

Dchomak, I think this thread is no longer widely followed. $12.00 is just too good a deal to miss out on. It might be good to make a post to the deal alert thread:

You could start another thread for discussion or just link it to Post 979 above. Here is the link for that:

This is weird, I am posting to a thread that refers to another thread that refers back to this one! Whew. :stuck_out_tongue:

They claim to have 4, but the things have gone invisible! The little sku inventory gizmo was showing $15.00. But no one could find them. They had the 500 lumen 5C, they had the 3D big honkin one for $29.95. But no 3C Sku # 639226.

So I called the nearest other store, 25 miles away. The guy in hardware asked which light, I told him it’s name and he’s like oh yeah, got about 10 of em right in front of me. I verified the Sku # and the big honkin head, he said, yeah, that’s it $16.98. “That big head is for breaking windows, that’s what it’s on there for.” That’s what he said, no lie!

Gonna eat some lunch and drag my wife to HD. :slight_smile:

Wish me luck!

I scanned at the registers. I'll try again later today. I have seen the price marked at $16.98.

The local HD had a couple of cases of the 5C, at the $12.00 point. The 3C was in their system at $15.00 but couldn’t be found. The other closest store, the guy told me $16.98…plainly what they’re labeled on the display stand as he appeared to be standing there looking at them the way he talked. I’m hoping they’ll be at least the $15, maybe $12…I’ll get a couple if they’re 12.

This HD 30 miles away did indeed have 9 of these lights. Marked $16.98. I told them about the $12 but since that wasn’t local they wouldn’t match it. But she did match the $15 of the local store! Got em home, opened one up, and it’s build quality is …well $15 worth. Plastic reflector, ill fitting O-rings, all in all it’s just big and bright. Not much to brag about in the one I opened. XM-L emitter does ok, have yet to see what the beam does at a distance.

I sure thought the reflector was aluminum, probably wouldn’t have taken a 60+ mile trip for this.

I had a similar first impression. What the light has is lots of potential. The light has what I really want. A very nice reflector, plenty of heat sinking, and a side switch design. I have my reflector resting right on an MT-G2 driven around 6 amps. The reflector is showing no signs of warping. I don't really get hung up on o-rings. They're easy to replace. Changing over to the AR lens for CNQG makes the light feel solid and improves output. It's a much nicer light than you currently realize.

I’ve been looking at it some more and see that, like the HD2010, it has a lot of potential. How does the MT-G2 throw with this reflector? Got a beamshot? That’s actually a very good idea, what are you using to drive it 6A?

The better lens and some lube, a bit of cleanup on some threads, work on the switch and yeah, a lot of potential. I wish I could cut threads, I’d chop it in a heartbeat! 2 26650’s running an MT-G2 and it’d be pretty sweet indeed. I like the separate pill, like the Solarforce M8. But the finish on the M8 is velvety smooth and nice, reeking of quality, the Defiant, not so much. But then we’re talking some stack of pennies difference in price as well. lol

Give me the skinny on the MT-G2, I might stick an XM-L2 T6 in at 4.2A and see how it drives…

or for no extra money at all, convert to direct drive and 18650’s. The howto’s are in this monstrous thread. Speaking of that, where the heck is Gary, he should be the one to post #1000!