US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

Does the 500th guy get a free Defiant Super Thrower? :stuck_out_tongue:

Richie086 wrote:

“. . . with the stock driver and without any other mods except finding a 1 × 26650 battery tube with a King Kong 4000mAh cell, you’ll pull 2.89a at the tail. I’m sure that would go much higher coupled with Old-Lumen’s mods.”

Thank you for ideas Richie. I’m not sure what I ultimately want to do with this light. Lot of possibilities. I just wanted to get it working with a NW emitter (along with the Torchlite) so that I could get a feel for the beam patterns. The beam patterns and getting out there with the light helps me decide what I ultimately want to do with the lights. I think this light (DST) is too big to haul around alot. So I think I want to hot rod it for max output. The Torchlite is more field friendly. So I want to max it’s run time.

Would the above configuration you mention with 10 7135’s (Nanjg 105 driver) pull about 3.5A? I’m wondering if you are telling me that I should stick the stock driver (modes aside).

The 10 7135 with get there or close depending on if you are using a good battery and make the spring mods. As for my suggestion, it was only just that for the time being. I’m going to upgrade the driver too because I want additional modes and not simply to run the light on high all the time.

Do you think we’re deaf? lol

Btw, I wouldn’t buy those from you at any price. Return them and get your money back already. Who knows what you’ve done to them in the meantime. :~

Got the lenses today from Phil. Man, they’re gorgeous. They SEEM to make the light brighter inside on a white wall, but my Davis weather station just informed me that it’s officially “raining cats and dogs” here so I won’t be trying them outside tonight.

I have one super thrower without the new lens, so it will be interesting to see if I can see any diff in brightness or not with ye olde naked eye.

I did some measurements… the AR lens is like going up a light bin level… you lose 2% over no lens with the AR, you lose 8.5% with the plastic lens.

!!

!!

It is a 3D size light with XML in it, didn’t get to take a food look at it coz I was in a rush.

Nice! 3D format gives a lot more battery options.
Drop tested to 30ft??? And 1m waterproof?
Another one US only? How much was this light?

Edit: this one needs its own thread.

Bluecvbc, as Relic said, start a new thread for the 3D version. Nice at 590 lumens too. I love 3D lights. I’ll check my local HD today and see if they are available. Thanks for posting this.

It’s got these big rubber head and tail caps that slip over for that ‘shockproof’ feel. They’re ha-ha-ha-ha-huge. lol

The light with 3D’s already installed in the bubble pack is H-E-A-V-Y. It would help if you’re part gorilla.

This is a light disguised as a human bashing club.

The one glaring thing for me is that it has a tail switch. I think a light this big long heavy needs a side clicky to be practical. Imagine maneuvering a 3D Maglite while on security patrol with a tail switch. lol And this is a bunch heavier than a 3D Mag. No doubt about it, it’s S-O-L-I-D.

It’s $29.95 or $29.99 or $29.97 I forgot which.

Nottawhackjob wrote:

Why are you yelling?

Do you think we’re deaf? lol

Btw, I wouldn’t buy those from you at any price. Return them and get your money back already. Who knows what you’ve done to them in the meantime. Puzzled

I’m intrigued but too slow witted to understand the above post. What does it mean?

anyone got the sku of that new one?!

quick garry! start a new thread!!!

SKU # 852955

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=203657321&storeId=10051&langId=~~1&catalogId=10053&cm_sp=BazVoice~~*~~RLP~~*~~203657321~~\_-x

Alright Garry, looks like you need to start another monster thread on the 3D Defiant!You don’t do anything small, do you? :slight_smile:

Another one to Mod. I am picking one up on the way to work. Looks like each Home Depot has 5 of them? I already called and they are not out on the shelf yet here, so the guy will have one pulled out for me. They are learning that I am crazy.

As usual, they are stashed up on a top shelf. Took me and an associate 5 minutes to locate. Sorry, no pics until I get home tonight.

Looks the armormax comes in 3d , 3c , and 2AA

Did’nt someone in this thread got this ArmorMax 3D flashlight price-matched to the Defiant 3C as the store was not able to find it?

Is this 3D a better thrower?

My guess is the 3D will not be a better thrower and based on the ANSI ratings on the package, it says throw is 420m, which is less. The hotspot is not nearly as tight as the 3C. This thing is hefty - you could seriously beat someone about the head and neck with it. Smile

I am hoping it will be a better light for a wide and floody beam. Once the reflector is stippled, it might suite my purposes better. Being a guard, I like something that will flood a room completely and it still should throw out a hundred yards or so, to give some illumination in that direction, if needed.