USB "charger doctor" (volt+current display)

If you want a really cheap one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-Charger-Doctor-Mobile-Battery-Tester-Power-Detector-Voltage-Current-Meter/1945788157.html

Currently $1.78

I send a message to dx to cancel my order and now they shipped it. Already ordered one from ebay :expressionless:
Now I’ll have to hope I can cancel the ebay order.

So how is the smarter one what is the button for is it better than the original blue charger doctor?

Bought the one from BIC. Thanks for info.

0.1V error is too much for me.

This one claims 1%

Good catch. There's a huge difference between 4.2V and 4.3V.

The measurement device itself changes the voltage also in this range……

Hopefully not on the input...

There is some loss in the connector.

See this table from the Xtar (Compare "Display U" to "Vin"):

The mAh counter is saved between sessions and the button lets you change or reset the counter. The blue one only displays one value at a time and does not have a capacity counter.

KuoH

anyone had seen this model before?

and

I'm liking that last version best. The monochromatic lcd should be the easiest of all these to see in full sunlight, which makes it the best candidate for testing my solar chargers.

I like the oled version but the price is… hmmmm…

Nice, the input voltage…you could tie into a vehicle like the image…very nice (only problem…it looks like 5vdc out from a computer might not be enough)

Now that IS a nice one…daggumit, you people are the reason I am broke!

Almost always the prices I get on eBay are way less than DX or other online stores. And shipping time is way faster. Of the 100 odd items I’ve ordered in the past few months from China, the average ePacket delivery time to USA East Coast is about 10 days. I’ve only had a few minor problems among those hundred-odd orders (e.g. incorrect terminal blocks on DC jacks), and sellers quickly sent correct replacements. As long as you are careful to order only from sellers with good rep, you’ll probably get much better service than from any large online store. The feedback system keeps them on their toes. If anyone needs help please feel welcome to ask.

I’m very interested to learn if anyone has any recent experience with Alibaba. They have a wider selection of items, and it looks like they are ramping up to seriously compete with eBay, so it may soon be as safe as eBay (or maybe it already is). Anyone?
[/quote]

I’ve had the exact experience as you. Ebay was fast and safe for me. The moment I left for online shopping sites, delays pile up and problems occur. On ebay nothing took over 20 days in shipping and the sellers were very amiable. I guess Paypal keeps them in check dunno. Concerning Alibaba, I’ve only had one order and it took forever and a day, and also they don’t use Paypal, instead you have to pay with your credit/debit card directly which I don’t really like.

Not the best price
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLED-USB-Charger-Current-Voltage-Capacity-Power-Detector-Tester-Meter-Voltmeter-/151336387255?pt=US_Computer_Power_Supply_Testers&hash=item233c5a02b7

Unfortunately that one doesn’t ship to my country…
But we are gating in sub 10$ range :slight_smile:

Just got email in

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151336387255

Sub $10 w/ free shipping (not hot on the no case thing though)

Got mine in last night…very cool having both the voltage AND current displayed at the same time

I got mine from here in 12 days, $7.09

has anyone reviewed the banggood device?

I like the feature I think this refers to, but am not sure what they’re saying

” DIY multi function car charger …
(in other words, you have to make up your own cable, I think)

“Can monitor the battery voltage, which can set the output delay, prevent the ignition time two start to the impact of the equipment.”

Well, I try never to have any solid state device turned on when I crank the engine, knowing the transients in the charging and starting system can be extreme for a second or two. so this seems smart …