USB-rechargeable keychain light recommendations?

OLIGHT i1R 2 EOS 150 Lumens Tiny Rechargeable Keychain Flashlight EDC Mini LED Keyring Light with Built-in Battery for Camping Hiking Dog Walking etc (Desert Tan) https://a.co/d/fL17Voo

This converts to a Canon eos SLR camera when needed. LOL

1 Thank

Yeah, that’s true, except the opposite also applies, I can never turn on a twisty quickly on purpose, especially if I have just one hand free.

Hmm…

Sure it’s not a Nitecore?

There’s also this one:
https://www.amazon.com/BORUIT-Small-Powerful-Flashlight-365nm/dp/B0C2H29F2M

Those i2Rs are easy to twist, even one-handy. Nice feel, like thickly-greased threads.

Literally, I’d spend more time fumbling around trying to find a button than just grabbing’n’twisting.

And I thought it was a Thrunite. Lumintop? Pretty sure I reviewed it here, too. All metal. Pretty purple. White+UV emitters. Side-button. Bit of a clumsy UI but easy to figure out in a pinch as far as press’n’hold vs 2click, etc.

Vaguely recall that purple only came in white+UV, whereas gray and other colors were white and red, which was actually what I wanted. But I wanted the purple ano more. :joy:

How about a Lumintop GT Nano? It’s decently small while offering room to grow with different body tubes if needed.

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion. It looks like an incredible product, but probably not for my keychain, as the high-profile head is a bit much for pocket carrying.

This maybe?

Naw, “turbo” lasts all of 3.2sec or so. I saw The Flasholic’s review and that’s all it did before dropping down to low or whatever. Toy…

Wut?? Ain’t my light(s). Ain’t even my hand. Where’d that come from?

Ah, found it! It’s a Trustfire. Aaaaand it’s a “Minix”, which someone mentioned (ah, acobp).

Huh… name didn’t sound familiar at all, but there ya go.

Tried playing with it, but it just kept 2blinking with any button-press, so guessing it’s dead. Charging it now…

AAA would be smaller than the RovyVon Aurora A23, but larger than the RovyVon Aurora A3 or Tunenge S15.
I have a AAA keychain light (the Zanflare F3) that isn’t a twistie, but I think it was discontinued long ago.
Even though it isn’t a twistie, the flashlight would untwist in my pocket. :thinking:

Here’s another review of the Fenix E03R v2.0 with comparison photos that include a AAA and AA battery.
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/review-fenix-e03r-v2-0/218354
It’s a larger keychain flashlight, but if I wanted a rectangular one, I think I’d get this one. :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, @sb56637, what was wrong with BLF this morning?
Did something have to be unplugged and then plugged back in? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah OK, good to know.

I think I’m leaning that way too. I think I’ll also get the Tunenge, for the price it’s worth trying.

Yeah, it’s an extremely frustrating and erratic bug at a very deep level of the Linux kernel. I think I finally found some relevant bug reports by others with the same issue, it appears to be specific to the filesystem type that I’m using. So unfortunately later today I’m going to have to take the server offline and reinstall it with a different filesystem…

1 Thank

Is this related to why intermittently I can’t click on anything on the site using Chrome? The DuckDuckGo browser always seems to work BTW. Just curious. This has been going on fro a few weeks now… Sorry for the OT, but as it was brought up… or something was. :expressionless:

Hmm, no, that sounds like a browser extension that is messing with the site’s Javascript.

1 Thank

THX… it is curious as it is intermittent. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t. Then sometimes it works for some time, then stops. I will see if I can track down something that may be causing it. As it does seem to be isolated to this machine using chrome. (I think) .

At least I have a pretty easy work around.

THX for the reply.

Huh, weird, please let me know if you figure out the cause.

Oh, I was thinking that it was something pretty minor, which is sometimes the case.
I hope that you did actually find the solution, and if the server has to go offline, it has to go offline. :saluting_face:

Here’s the Tunenge flashlight next to a AAA flashlight.
Looks like the Tunenge is a bit fatter, but it’s shorter.
I think that the Tunenge takes up less volume, but it’s kinda close.
(I found the image on Amazon.)

1 Thank

Just ordered the Tunenge S15 and the Fenix E03R V2.0. Thanks to everyone for the excellent suggestions!

3 Thanks

The Tunenge S15 has a good reputation on Amazon:
Amazon.com, 4.5/5 on over 100 reviews is no slouch, and I checked it with ReviewMeta (which IME does a good job of winnowing out the fake/suspicious ones) and it’s still 4.5/5 with just 15 reviews removed: https://reviewmeta.com/amazon/B0BXY3FLD8

In case @sb56637 wants another alternative in the “Rovyvon clone” category, a good friend of mine who’s not a BLFer has had this one for a couple of months now: Amazon.com; with transparent GITD body and lateral row of multi-LEDs (Red, UV, blue and secondary white) it’s an even closer clone of the Rovyvon than the Tunenge.

Here’s his impressions a few days after he got it:

• Compared to a normal flashlight like the TS10, its main LED isn’t so strong, but anyway is more than strong enough for a keychain light.

• The body is transparent plastic, and it’s very hard plastic, looks very resistant. The switch didn’t look great, will probably be the first thing to break.

• Manual is in Chinenglish and confusing at times (eg, when listing main LED modes), but does a reasonable job of explaining the flashlight usage.

• The UI is useable: double click to turn on, press and hold to turn off, triple click for side LEDs and other fancies. When off, press and hold is temporary on (turns off when button is released), memorizes last mode and goes back to it when turned on again.

• Has tail magnets, strong enough to hold the light on metal in a vertical position, but too weak to hold it on the horizontal.

Overall he’s happy with the purchase and was using the light regularly.

I’ve asked him for his further impressions now that he’s had the light for a couple of months, if/when he responds I will post them here.

1 Thank