Vector Power On Board 35W HID Spotlight

I’d have to say the POB would beat it. The POB has a 6 inch reflector and this Li-on powered version looks to have perhaps a 5 inch. It really comes down to how far you need the beam to go. These hand-held spotlights tend to be placed on the ground to illuminate a target rather than carry them around.

I’m buying it for the wow factor only. But a lighter one would also be nice to have.

With EMS shipping, you should get it quick too. I can’t wait to see your photos and beam shots for it.

I don't know what your experience with EMS has been, but I find Epacket or DHL is much faster...

DHL from Hong Kong is 3 days, I just assumed EMS is nearly as fast.

You guys are killing me here. Looks like I will have to make another HID Maglite in 2013.

wow… the last one is that cheap? i wonder about the quality of these lights :wink:

Did you make a HID maglite before? Either way, now I'm considering waiting. ;)

We need almighty Mr. HID himself(2100) to chime in here. He may mot know that much about the POB HID light, but the other ones I bet money he could tell me what I want to know.

I may buy that other lithium powered HID as well. It’s got to out throw the lights I currently have.

But I might be on the trail for a POB HID light soon.

AA HID Maglite… sweet…

The Amondotech 3152 was my first real flashlight back in 2006, believe it or not. :smiley: The 3152 is the Vector POB’s predecessor.
It scared the hell out of me when i fired it up. My sister brought it back from Indianapolis by hand from the USA when she returned back to Singapore after a 2 year work stint there.

They still had it in stock last year i think.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/titanium-illuminator.html

I changed it to have a 75W slim ballast. The SLA is a 12V 7.2AH, very easy to change out. No issue at all. The charging circuitry broke, so i hardwired everything (ie have to slide the battery out a bit to access the terminals directly so that i can charge with the hobby charger).

It’s the first one on the left.

With all this talk about the POB’s, I just ordered a 35w replacement slim ballast to fix my spare POB. Looks like I have another project in the works.

Hey 2100, is true that this one does over 700kcd?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Cheap-shipping-12V-55W-hid-portable-handheld-spotlight-HID-work-light-KF-11039-FOR-hunting-marine/200674_572739206.html

Hi folks,

With all this talk about the POB, I thought I’d see how it compares to the Trustfire TR-J12 and SkyRay 9x T6. Naturally the J12 and Skyray are completely different types of lights compared to an HID pushing nearly 4000 lumens, to say nothing about the large 6” reflector the POB is equipped with for throw. But just for kicks, here they are up against one another. The tempurature out is barely 30F.

Vector Power On Board with fully charged 9Ah AGM, 4300k color tint, perfect reflector/lamp alignment.

Trustfire TR-J12 in 3x 26650 configuration

SkyRay 9x T6 in 3x 26650 configuration

Rich, It would be cool to see that POB really throw… :bigsmile: Thanks for the pictures.

I think you just burn a hole through them shrubs!

Nothing would make me happier. Where I live here on Long Island, the police would show up if I did this in a more public area.

I’m wicked curious about the POB too, somebody buy this one and post lots of PICS: :santa:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vector-Power-On-Board-HID-Rechargeable-Spotlight-Flashlight-SLH100P-Searchlight-/181051950418?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item2a27898552

I replaced the battery with a new one and the light now works good. I have not used this spotlight for more than ten minutes total so it is in excellent little-used condition.” H)

No connection….would buy it but I spent my last $ on Xmas batteries! :money_mouth_face:

That looks like one in excellent condition. If I wasn’t spending money this week for a Shorai LiFePo4 for my POB, I’d purchase it. Brad, I’m sure you’d be able to find someone in your area to help you switch out the lamp for a 4300k too.

The year that Sam’s club had them on closeout, I was lucky enough to buy 13 of them.

I bought the first 7 for around $19 each.
The following week they dropped down to $14 so I bought the last 6 they had.

All of my friends and family members got one for Christmas gifts that year.

Other than the first one I gave to a son in-law, they’re all still working fine.
(He had his light sitting too close to a wood stove in the garage. )
I wound up giving him another.
That leaves me with two in use here and two more NIB for spares.

One of the batteries went bad last year so I ordered eight Amstron AP-1270F1 batteries from atbatt.com
They were reasonably priced, 4 @ $77.84 with free shipping.