Vinz Triple XM-L P60!!!

Better get Samsung INR. ;)

ah yes! i forgot aw was “dethroned” :slight_smile:

Now you’re going to have to convince me why I DON’T need one of em! :wink:

You do need one, this thing out floods my TR-J18...

Any beamshots?

=O

Can it boil water for eggs?

Finish nice, price probably horribly high, power/price probably quite poor.
Why even use P60 for a triple is beyond me, poor heat management.

You’re convincing the wrong direction Scaru! Man that thing looks nice.

PM me the price so I can back away now while I’ve got just a wee bit o sanity left to me name….

any updates on the review? :slight_smile:

Need Beam shots!!!

You just don’t get it, do you?

For the very same reasons you think it should not be done ———> it should be done!

Answer is, sort of. Yes there’s dielectric but there’s also a buttload of thermal vias under each one and the board is super thin.
What I want to know is how well a diaper works as a heat sink.
Nice piece. It looks like you solved the problem of the board floating off center while soldering.

Stunning drop-in :slight_smile:

I get it, to experiment and to have a wow light that can cause burns and output tons of power in a short time.

What driver is this using? Sorry if I missed it somewhere. Also what is that black stuff around the copper contact?

Sorry for the questions...as a fellow P60 builder I'm always interested to see what other builders are up to

The driver is an unknown one Vinz had that was direct drive on high, I'm not sure about the black stuff. I know the purpose is for potting/holding the copper contact in place.

Ah OK. The black stuff looks like thermally conductive potting epoxy like what I used in the first run of my triple nichias. It gets that bubbled look when it's cleared away or sanded down. It could of course be a different material.

Looks fantastic regardless.

Hey Matt, you gonna start doing yours in this high-chrome finish? :slight_smile: I think you can talk to Scotty on board the Enterprise for an Aluminum alloy formulation that’s crystal clear to build your own hosts so it’ll show off the drop-in….just sayin…

Now that would be cool - a clear acrylic host. Would need a low power drop-in. And a way to finish machined acrylic to get the clearness back. I don't even think this is possible from my own experiences with acrylic.

That reminds me. What is this drop-in made from and what is it coated in? I'd imagine copper, and anything but silver would be a waste of time for the coating. Nickel-chrome plated perhaps? Sorry if it's been mentioned already, my work PC and IE7 are a P.O.S making browsing to anything but direct links a pain and I keep forgetting to check this thread when I get home!

my dad always sanded it and hit it with a blowtorch to get the clarity back on plexiglass… not sure if that method would work here, as it was just beveled edges on 1” thick material