Warm "throwy" 3V emitter between 3000K-4000K?

Thanks QReciprocity42, I also didn’t know that emitter!
However, will it be on a “throwy” side as it is or did it have to be dedomed?
Right now, I am not sure what I would consider as “too warm” so this could be an option, in case it throws well!

I guess I need to buy some leds and start making experiments :smiley:

Digikey and Mouser currently stock the XP-P LEDs. I just ordered a handful of warm (3000k and 4000k) XP-P LED’s from Digikey to try swapping into some lights.

XP-P is domeless, it is Cree’s attempt at a small die high intensity LED.
I ordered 1 from Kaidomain to try it, but KD only has 6500K.
From what i’ve seen (tests on BLF) it’s great up until you push more than 2 Amperes of current.
I didn’t know they made neutral and warm white too.

The Osram PC Amber is domeless and has a 1mm^2 die, making it extremely throwy. The Convoy Flashlight Store on Ali stocks it. The advantage of the XP-P is that it comes in more color temps (at least in theory) and has higher CRI (70/80 instead of 60). The 3535 footprint also makes XP-P compatible with more boards.

Half(ish) the output, similar(ish) intensity…

QReciprocity42 I think you need to check your figures: the cool white XP-P tops out at around 800lm, the Yinding 5050 at about 1800lm. Both will be lower output in warmer tints obviously, but this should be roughly proportional.

Am I missing something… will the XP-P, DD519A, Yinding 5050, Osram PC amber (which family is this?) All take the 8A current OP wants…?

I’ll have to look again at some of my lights and the above LEDs if so.

Yup, I noticed the XP-P is domeless, but I was asking about the Osram LED that was mentioned :wink: As you say, AliExpress has only the 6500K version, far from what I ’d want :zipper_mouth_face:

Is that led this one Osram KY CSLNM1.FY: Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com ? If it is, the definition comes as “orange-yellow” not as amber.

I’ve abandoned the 8A requirements, as the conversation followed and suggestions came in! The 8A would be good, but since the possible candidates do not reach it, I skipped that requirement, focusing on the colour of beam, domeless and voltage (3V) .

Simon (Convoy) i think has the amber Osram in his shop.

See Post 126: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/68542?page=4

The problem with the YinDing is that going warm loses A LOT more output. The warm version has been tested, and it maxes out around 850 lumens, less than half of the 1800 of the cool version! And it really does underperform expectations, see Post 128 in above link.

Yes, that's the one. The subreddit generally refers to it as amber or even Osramber^{TM}.

Thanks for the confirmation :wink: I may try this one as well, saw some interesting beam images with it :+1:

So this warm Yinding has a similar output to a cool XP-P.
Have you allowed for the change to a warm XP-P in your comparison?

Not yet, but the computation ain't too bad. The highest output bin for 5700K is rated 360 lm, 320 for 3000K. So one loses 11% output going from 5700 to 3000. Nothing like the Yinding, which loses half of its output!

But the 850 lumen yinding number is with a reflector.

Sure, make that 1000 for bare LED. The XP-P, with the 3000K reduction, is about 730lm. If the Yinding wants to match that intensity, it needs 1460lm, 1000 simply would not do.

The real problem is that when Cree goes from 5700 to 3000, it only loses 11% lumen count. For Yinding, it loses a good 44%!

Who sells the 3000K XP-P?

Not sure who actually sells it, just going off the datasheet.

Another idea is to go full jank mode, get a Osram white flat and slide a CCT-reducing Lee filter over it, lol

Surprised no one has mentioned the SFS80 3535 LED in 4000K with a max drive current of 8A

Kaidomain were selling it, but their website looks to be down. I have one and it’s very decent.

Just checked their AliExpress store and it’s available on there

Slicing their domes solves both issues!