WARNING: Cometa – read/fix BEFORE inserting battery

the girl on the live chat in the ngiht might not have access to the customer service emails on day shift what she call sales man and its not in her power to make any decission about new light or replace which parts i think jsut talk to neal and he will help you i had many orders with banggood and also some issues like you but they always solved it dont worry imagine you are nto the only one with troubles on that light and thats a new product for them so patients for a bit i know its terrible a new light and its not to use.

you got 6 month time for a paypal dispute so you got all power in your hands dont worry

about the pics who can open what

this depends what servers and VPN they use if you know how you can use everything via tunnels and VPN so gearbest might be able but others are not when i am in china i can use most of the time everything as usual but sometimes its all down

Have you read the troubleshooting threads for the other lights with this driver and software?
Someone may recall exactly where that problem is discussed — it has happened to others.
I don’t remember if this can be fixed with a reset or needs something else done or needs replacement — but I know it’s been written up.

Have you got a link to any of these threads ‘hank’? What are the “other lights” you are referring to?

@bella-headlight, live chat with low level CS evening shift, what could go wrong? Lol
Sure it will work out in the end but live chat is just getting default answers from a script.
Wish you luck and above all patience!

Teacher — try searching in this thread: BLF A6 FET+7135 Light Troubleshooting and Mod thread

As I said, I don’t recall exactly — someone will probably recall exactly — where the problem that appears as failing modes/levels has been discussed previously, and be able to give you a checklist of things to do that may help.

Think it was driver retainer ring it tight and/or temp regulation.

If you find yourself going around and around and around — leave off, hang up, exit, and close the window.

Thanks ‘hank’…. that is a good thread with some good info! I appreciate the link……… :slight_smile:

Nothing wrong with raising a Paypal dispute, remember.
It’s just one of the moves in the dance.
You have to show them you know what the next step is.
Once you do, then they take their next step.

Ever watched professional wrestling, or a lawsuit in court?
It’s all choreographed. Nobody ever just gives in, they have to be pushed, pulled, and thumped
(and duck, weave, and dodge) to go through all the steps.

Think of it as full employment for the no-help-desk people who’d otherwise be out planting turnips or something.

Just to cover the bases, also go to the “Private Message” section and send a message.
Just type “banggood” into the field and it should fill in their customer service address.

and also try Neals assistant: heyanqing1@banggood.com (link sends e-mail)

BGood had no problem viewing a youtube video I sent them over a defective light. I attached photos to an email they told me to send them to. After about a month of screwing around, I told them I would no longer discuss it and I was filing a paypal dispute immediately. They took care of the problem that day.

If I had to do it again, I would file the paypal dispute much sooner.

dumb question but here goes anyway. I have read that certain batteries make a light have a higher lumen output. Like an Efest instead of an Ultrafire cell. Is this correct, even though they both are 3.7V, or is it 4.2V?

In this Cometa I am using an Efest 35A cell, 2500 mAh. Would a 26650 cell make it any brighter, or just give me more runtime? Does this light accept either protected or non protected 26650 cells?

I suppose I ought to know this by now :confused:

thanks!

OK just now shined away
Compared to the Uniquefire 1504 and UT20

PLUS
Tint is much better.
Flood is broader on Cometa
Zoom is tighter and shines further on Cometa.
Tailcap is very nice with two little LEDs so more even then on the Kronos lights
Cometa has an excellent size and weight, the 1504 is too big and heavy, Cometa slides in pockets.
The ui is great

CON
dont dare to install 26650 cells the 1504 acepts all safely.
Irregularly the Cometa dims for a very short split second, that is the only thing the Uniquefires do not do.
The tube gets warm, the reflector holding head does not.
The zooming action is OK but noisy the Uniquefires do this better

Because of size and versatility this Cometa is my go to zoomie if the stutters are not going to be worse.

Thanks for this nice light!

I was reading back through some of this thread and came across this back in Post #1141. Has anyone tried just a direct PM to ‘Banggood’ and bypassed the polite, but seemingly clueless; Customer Dis-Dervice Department?? :question: . :wink: … :innocent:

IF any has tried, did it help any at all with reducing the ‘BS’ some are having to endure to just get a working light??

Also, I made washers similar to the one below out of a plastic tea jug. milk or OJ jug will do also :wink:
Make it about 1 inch/26mm diameter, [ it does not matter if it is perfectly round or not… just get as close as you can using scissors .]
Then drill or cut a quarter inch [ 1/4 ” ] hole in the middle of the washer.

It will drop down over the spring might need a little help and sit against the driver. No way anything will short out with this set up. When in place all you can see is the top half of the spring. :beer:
Problem solved… end of story.

I’m sure the pictured one below from ‘Banggood’ will work Ok, but the smaller hole covers it much better.

Just thought I’d add this in case anyone was still looking for an easy solution. :wink:

Which 26650 are you referring? For a comparison we need to know.

Accept protected and not protected 26650.

+1

EDIT: PS, this is really worth reading, it’s the situation viewed from the other side, by a US guy with a Chinese business, about how his customer service people IN China handle calls.
It probably sounds very familiar:

http://boss.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/02/14/customer-service-chinese-style/

TM’… can I assume, when you said “don’t dare to install 26650 cells”; that you meant before adding an insulating washer or something to cover the bottom of the pill?? … :question:

Yes no time to make a washer it was kind of a hectic day for the Q8 ;

Hank excellent input. So basically attention is what they have learned to give, makes you look at the chat differently.

TM I made my insulating washer from a black plastic lid I had lying around.
I used a 26mm hole cutter to cut the disc & then just ran an 8mm (iirc) drill through the centre pilot hole the hole cutter had left.
No way a cell can short on the pill with it in place

My light arrived today. Aside from some minor imperfections on the permitter of the lens, everything seems in working order. I didn’t mess with it too long, but it seems OK.

I filmed the entire unboxing and the hoops I jumped through to assure myself it wouldn’t short. Not sure that will make it to my YT channel, but who knows.