WARNING: Cometa – read/fix BEFORE inserting battery

argh, I hate ths thread since normally I order and forget but now I am actually checking shipping status :wink:
And this is what I see now

2016-05-04 00:00 En cours de traitement LA ROCHEFOUCAULD PDC1 (16).

So it could come today, bettr have charged battery in the cam!

they probably need:
Pics of
outer package, with all labels to be read (this could be 2 or 3 pics)
inner package (1 pic)
light as a whole from top and downwards angle (2 pics)
light in parts (probably 2 pics)
close up of damaged lens (at least 1 pic)
close up of damaged o ring (at least 1 pic)
close up of LED (at least 1 pic)
close up of driver (at least 1 pic)
close up of drivr bottom where cell sits with and without cell (2 pics)
so I count 16 to cover most of it, aking a video is easier :slight_smile:

You have not yet provided your DNA. Afterwards they will need your legal will.

and your family tree!

OK t just came
So there I was wth the package n hand in the sun. a Ganzo hanging on my pants
I could nt resist and opened it right up.
Close inspection showed the lens Oring placed wrong
The rest seemed fine (and yes the driver retainer ring would vertainly short a 26650 cell with wide top.
I used the 18650 holder included and loaded up a almost empty 18650 with the lens and black anodised part removed.
click, YES light
tap tap YES modes

screwing in the black anodised part all the way down while in moonlight. YES worked stll fine

Then some tinkering with the oring carefully not touching the lens part that is gonna e on the inside of the light.
YES now it fitted and the blotchy LED could be seen while zoomed.

It works, time to charge the unprotectd high drain Keeppower for testing tonight.

And well I will see if a washer is send to us first batch buyers and in the mean time just use 18650 cells.

Thanks CyberScudo and Neal, it is a very nice light, and also the box it cam in is very nice.
Impressive even with a almost empty cell in the sunny daytime!

If I were you, I would have probably thrown the towel and file a PayPal claim, instead of further correpondence with Banggood.
How many more videos and photos they required from you?
It’s not the way to threat a customer.

I wasn’t at home this morning and the postman left me an advice slip on my door asking me to collect my Cometa from the post office.
17track.net online tracking is utterly unreliable, or else I would have been at home today to receive the light

Received my Cometa today. Following all the precaution steps shown here closely. It was working fine for all the modes including hidden modes and was measuring 3.5 amps at the tail-cap. ( the same battery can deliver near 5 amps in my Thorfire S70 ) Since it came without memory mode, I set into having with memory mode and everything was still working for all mode. Later , while I was setting the mode group, the number of mode group was getting less . Came stock with 8 level the 7 then 6 , later it was 3 the 2 and now it is stuck at moonlight mode only. Hidden mode also is not functioning.

Any idea what is wrong with my Cometa and should I submit a ticket to Banggood now?

Don’t forget to slip in the odd photo of your dog/wife/kids/backside , just to check they are even looking at the pics you send. :slight_smile:

China has blocks on a ton of websites. I was told before they had to use youtube to see any videos

thats very funny that they ask for youtube because youtube is definitely blocked in china so is facestuffy and any service of google.

jsut send it as normal attachment to the email it worked for me always and try to get neal direct and not banggoods customer defense department

the girl on the live chat in the ngiht might not have access to the customer service emails on day shift what she call sales man and its not in her power to make any decission about new light or replace which parts i think jsut talk to neal and he will help you i had many orders with banggood and also some issues like you but they always solved it dont worry imagine you are nto the only one with troubles on that light and thats a new product for them so patients for a bit i know its terrible a new light and its not to use.

you got 6 month time for a paypal dispute so you got all power in your hands dont worry

about the pics who can open what

this depends what servers and VPN they use if you know how you can use everything via tunnels and VPN so gearbest might be able but others are not when i am in china i can use most of the time everything as usual but sometimes its all down

Have you read the troubleshooting threads for the other lights with this driver and software?
Someone may recall exactly where that problem is discussed — it has happened to others.
I don’t remember if this can be fixed with a reset or needs something else done or needs replacement — but I know it’s been written up.

Have you got a link to any of these threads ‘hank’? What are the “other lights” you are referring to?

@bella-headlight, live chat with low level CS evening shift, what could go wrong? Lol
Sure it will work out in the end but live chat is just getting default answers from a script.
Wish you luck and above all patience!

Teacher — try searching in this thread: BLF A6 FET+7135 Light Troubleshooting and Mod thread

As I said, I don’t recall exactly — someone will probably recall exactly — where the problem that appears as failing modes/levels has been discussed previously, and be able to give you a checklist of things to do that may help.

Think it was driver retainer ring it tight and/or temp regulation.

If you find yourself going around and around and around — leave off, hang up, exit, and close the window.

Thanks ‘hank’…. that is a good thread with some good info! I appreciate the link……… :slight_smile:

Nothing wrong with raising a Paypal dispute, remember.
It’s just one of the moves in the dance.
You have to show them you know what the next step is.
Once you do, then they take their next step.

Ever watched professional wrestling, or a lawsuit in court?
It’s all choreographed. Nobody ever just gives in, they have to be pushed, pulled, and thumped
(and duck, weave, and dodge) to go through all the steps.

Think of it as full employment for the no-help-desk people who’d otherwise be out planting turnips or something.

Just to cover the bases, also go to the “Private Message” section and send a message.
Just type “banggood” into the field and it should fill in their customer service address.

and also try Neals assistant: heyanqing1@banggood.com (link sends e-mail)

BGood had no problem viewing a youtube video I sent them over a defective light. I attached photos to an email they told me to send them to. After about a month of screwing around, I told them I would no longer discuss it and I was filing a paypal dispute immediately. They took care of the problem that day.

If I had to do it again, I would file the paypal dispute much sooner.