Warrior xm-l vs Warrior xm-l2 vs King/Kung variants

Is the PWM on low modes on the Warrior similar to the SRKs PWM?

@blueb8llz Yah, $45.00 for us BLF folks! rah, rah, rah!

They only have 2 in stock, though.

I want one pretty badly, but I need a push. Will fasttech be selling the XM-L2 anytime soon?

I’d be in for an XM-L2 version for $45, count me in

This is where Ric fron CNQG announced the XML2 Warrior:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/19968

Took me a while to find it !

Perhaps contact Ric through that thread (or PM him) and see what he can do with regards to price and items in stock.

Ah OK, I am only using my eyes and comparing between lights, so your numbers are more right. For some reason I cant get lumen number readouts on my glasses. :wink: Makes more sense actually if “good” SRK is 2000 lumens, because Warrior with XML2 does seem brighter than my SRK.

A black CNQG U2 SRK is about 2300 lumens OTF

How many Amps are these lights running?

Good question. Even if the XMl & XML2(which bin?) versions use the same driver, would the higher Vf of the XML2 emitters negate much of the potential advantage?

I’m under the impression that the higher Vf of XML2’s is better served with having more lion cells per emitter (2 has been suggested), sink pads, and of course a ‘hotter’ driver. This would likely leave me then wanting a bigger head (at least on a multi-emitter light) with better heat sinking (fins are good).

Well, I think that’s just for high to maximal output, which these lights aren’t outputting. To get 2400 lumens, it would be what, approx 900-1000 lumens each emitter to have that output (after reflector and glass loss guesstimate). And thats only around 3A approximately each (guesstimate)? To drive it much harder I think the copper and maybe a better driver and maybe eventually high amperage cells might be needed to see good improvement…but where it is I dont see a problem? If it was supposed to do1500 lumens/XML2 I bet you are right.

I was about to pull the trigger on the warrior when the ad said 45, but not at 55. Initially, I thought that it was a special for BLF and I was missing something in the process, but I didn’t hear anything from Ric via email or a reply to the thread. I was also looking at the dqg 18650 tiny, but with my question about the warrior being ignored twice, that makes me hesitate on the tiny as well.

yea, im hoping he’d see this thread and put it up on sale for a day or two. maybe if theres enough interest, then i/we can email him to see what he says.

Maybe he did. It's now on sale for $49

Lol just as I order mine this one goes on sale.

LOL thats pretty funny. hey it worked guys , he listened to us.
great guy! time to buy

i’m very tempted by Warrior XM-L2!..…but now i have seen Skyray/Uniquefire with 4x XM-L2 :~
I want a very bright FLOOD light, but i’m afraid that Warrior could be too similar to my UF-T70, because it seem to have some throw…even if warrior is smaller and has a better UI.
What do you suggest to me?…thank you

I went with the toughest route and bought a regular Warrior and three 3C, XML2 Noctigon stars from Hank! :stuck_out_tongue: (need to get me some more Artic Alumina epoxy now… :D)

Well, I’d say its a very good chance that a 4x XML2 Skyray will not be brighter. Here’s why: SRKs with 4 were titled “Skyray Kung” by a lot of people and they are VERY hit or miss in quality, you can search for many threads on here. Most of them are not even better than a good SRK, and many of them were lower output than a SRK. Many “XML-U2” Kung/4SRKs were really XML-T6s. The Kung/4SRK I bought came scratched up, with the driver hanging out and is barely brighter than my SRK, and I’m only guessing its brighter because it looks about the same brightness, but has a wider flood, so it must be a bit brighter, however my eyes have a hard time noticing. Also, consider SRKs themselves were always hit or miss anyways, so 4xXML2 would be no different, probably worse. So, I’d say there is a very high risk of getting a crappy “XML2 4xSRK” that isnt better than Warrior.

Also, even if it is brighter, there are other considerations; how long will you want to use it on high mode? 10min then 4SRK could be ok, longer and you’ll want the Warrior without burning your hand.

If you want variable modes Warrior is the only option, 4xXML2 second mode will probably not have much difference from main full brightness, like the Kung.

If you like a smaller light, somehow Warrior feels a lot smaller, even though its apparently only a little smaller.

But, on the other hand, if flood is your only consideration, get the 4xXML2, it will be floodier (actually get a Trustfire J18, or one with 9x or 12x or 15x if thats true).

couldnt have said it better.