Warsun CT9T for $14.99

I want the bigger of those two Rocher lights in that picture. As for your Decisions:

:bigsmile:

I’m trying to make exactly the same decision. At the moment I’m edging towards the Rocher. Slightly smaller, nicer looking (IMO), better UI (stepless dimming, no blinkies). Probably less throw though.

Ho hum, by the time I decide the deal will be over anyway. :slight_smile:

if it helps…the driver on the Warsun are easy to mod with resistor mod to give it more oomph :smiley:

:party:
I couldnt resist, after seeing the mods…ordered 1….

I still would like to know what model of Rocher light that the Rocher AS31 is leaning on in the picture. It’s not the Rocher MC10 and I can’t find any info anywhere. :~

Mini review on the way.

Good news though, looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

See>> budgetlightforum.com/node/35807

Yes but way too many other lights I want and to buy both would cut too deep into that budget. But then again maybe!

This one:
Rocher AS50

It’s the secret elusive Rocher AS50!!

A little searching on Aliexpress turned it up, other than there a search of Rocher AS50 only turns up anti-aging cream and chocolate balls!

I like it too! New thread started: Rocher AS50 Mystery Light

And read the specs! …you can get it in Chocolate!! :

The long awaited Rocher special chocolate edition flashlight, a collaboration between Rocher and Ferrero Rocher :wink: :

Item Specifics

Item Type:
Flashlights

Lumen:

Charger:
Not Applicable

Brand Name:
Rocher

Body Material:
Aluminum

Light Source:
LED Bulbs

Zoom:
No

Wattage:
10W

Battery Type:

Certification:
CCC,CE,RoHS

Waterproof:
Yes

Color: White, Orange, Chocolate :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lighting Distance:
> 500 meters

Switch Mode:
High/Middle/Low

Support Dimmer:
Stepless dimming

Function:
Shock Resistant

Body Color:
Black

Model of LED Beads:
T6

Focal Length:
Non-adjustable

Flashlight Type:
Camp

Model Number:
XML U2

LED Flashlights Material:
Aluminum

Body Color:
Gun Gray

Flashlight Waterproof rating:
IXP6

weight:
245g

battery type:

Shipping:
Free shipping

Lumen:
900lm

Model of LED Bead :
xml t6

switch mode:
high/middle/low/Stepless dimming

Apply to the environment:
fishing,Making a,camping,hiking

Polls closed in Chicago. I swear that USPS Chicago has trained monkeys working there. Every package I get that goes through there slows down.

Congrats! And I thought being here in the boondocks was bad for mail delivery, :open_mouth: .

The CT9T seems to be a well thought out light. The way they handled the led star contact area could have been done differently though? The platform is not smooth all the way across. leaving a very shallow circular shelf that that was machined (after anodizing?) and is filled with a thicker than necessary layer of heatsink compound. Haven’t poked my nose into that many lights, so could be the norm.

Since the head has some mass, I wonder if anyone has thought of a XHP50 mod. Maybe it’s possible to strip the driver and attach a BLF17DD with a zener mod? Then use two 18350 cells or an extension for the Warsun MX900 ?

… they make the perfect couple :heart_eyes:

The quote above was from April 7th.

I guess nobody has modded this or is not willing to share results! I was just trying to get other ideas/results, I guess I will send it where I always do!

Only 12 days! Thanks Bangood!

Look through this thread, Ryansoh3 bridged two resistors I believe, tried to get the driver out of mine and couldn’t, not much of a modder myself. Post #52 is where the mod is listed with pictures.

Well, i bought a piece of those for evaluation

- by default running with Samsung 25R at its max the tail reading is 2.2amps

- with a bypassed springs, twicked driver and Sony VTC5 battery it is able to draw only 3.3amps at the tail

- build quality is fairly okay

- side switch is kinda buggy, plus the driver too

• my came with a very “durty” glass, was unable to cleat it so i cut a new one

The flashlight biggest problem is its reflector- its deep and bigger than C8 one, but the beam profile is awful, i tried several mods but the final result is disapointing

It could be made a fairly okay light( with a good ammount of efforts), but either Convoy and X6 destroys it by price, functionality, size, weight, beam profile

After modding the driver/springs/AS5 I got 3.35 A on high and 3.7 A in turbo using a freshly topped up Panny BD.