weekly promotion convoy S2+ (over)

Hi Simon…just placed an order for a 7135-8 driver!

gift

Ordered one gray 8*7135. Hope it gets here before 22 May! :slight_smile:

edit - and does it now show the discount price on the regular web page for everyone now, or just those for who Simon adjusted the pricing? Wait - just checked on another browser that I never logged into AliExpress. Apparently the price has been lowered on the regular web page, no need to ask for an adjustment or paypal on the side.

[quote=keithd]
Ordered one gray 8*7135. Hope it gets here before 22 May! :slight_smile:

2014 or 2015?

Aghhhh, can’t stop thinking about S2 with 8*7135 and stock XM-L2 led. Just sent you a “gift” - $11.97. I guess I can trust you.

If you have a tracking number pls e-mail me it.

Oh, I forget to mention that I want it gray.

1. 9MH88493BS8166059

If the S2 & S3 are pretty close, there was a thread by Comfychair where he modded an S3 with a 10 degree TIR here

I hope you post a thread about how that mod goes.

AE order number …2120 BRgds

Scottyhazzard,

I need to take my S2+ apart to clean out dust behind the TIR, then reassemble it. I can take some pictures as I put it back together and post about the mod.

As far as the differences in the S2 and S3, since they have similar pill sizes and different reflector sizes, the S2 would require a spacer in order to use the TIR. Mountain Electronics sells a spacer for about $5.00 that should work. The S3 and the S2+ can use the TIR without needing a spacer. (I like the beam profiles of my two S2 lights with stock reflectors, so I don’t plan to change them to TIR.)

Guys what would you say is the best driver and led, and why?
don’t know which to go for?

8x. You have medium and low for when you want to do something silly like use lower output. :smiley:

Emitter tint is a matter of opinion. If you like cool white pick 1A (stock), if you like neutral try 3B/4C… warmer try the numbers higher up. I think most people favor the neutral to slightly warm tints (I personally love me some nice cool, pure white 1A).

I would say:
driver -> 6 x 7135 (4x is just average, 8x is pushing it)
led -> somewhere between 4A and 7B1 (nice and pleasant tint for close up illumination).

Thanks both, After posting went on a frenzy researching tints and bins lol

I’m thinking 6* 3B , but to clarify x* is that number how hard the emitter is driven or does it have something to do with modes aswell. Sorry total noob

This is correct. Each AMC7135 regulator supplies 350mA (theoretical maximum, in reality its a tiny bit less) so 6 x 350mA = 2100mA or 2.1A and that would be about 780 LED lumens, probably about 600 OTF lumens

Aah brill thanks for the quick response.

Will get my order in me thinks.

No problem :wink:

Just noticed my order was shipped!!! Dumb question though…I requested a 7135-8 driver, thus adding .88 cents to the total. I am brand new to Aliexpress…when does the total get updated?

Ordered with the x8 and t6-3b. On average how long is shipping to the states taking these days?

give me your order number ,i will check it for you

15days on average

My order number was 61944480183279. Thanks very much!