What are some "Hidden Gems"?

Cheap, that way they don’t need a driver to boost 1.2/1.5v up to where it will light up a LED, they can just use a resistor.
Be careful, use a protected cell so they don’t overdrain the li-ion.

Fasttech still have them in stock for 8.43$ or less https://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10003894/1278200-c3-1-led-248lm-3-mode-white-led-flashlight
I did pencil mod and now always starts on high after few seconds. Its bright on 14500 and has good throw. I saw models with ss switch but I can’t remember where… Nice little light for gift…

I do not think so.
Yes, it should be. Same action cycles on/off and modes.
No, it is a 3mm plug. Not mentioned anywhere. There is only one tiny chip on the driver board so I will definitely not try to charge a battery in it. Maybe it can be used for an external power source.

Here is an oldie but a goody.
Some of the veterans here will remember this flashlight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMALL-SUN-ZY-T619-2500lumen-XM-L-T6-LED-Rechargeable-Flashlight-BATT-Charger-/261821124639?hash=item3cf5c1501f:g:ldEAAOSw7aBVDt~T

Wish they sold it cheaper without the crappy battery and charger though.
Anyway this thing flat out throws and has the nicest clean reflector.
Larger than a C8 but even stock it is impressive.
It is a clone of the Trustfire X9

If you shop Ali, here is the Trustfire with an XM-L2
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TrustFire-X9-Cree-XM-L2-1000-Lumens-5-Mode-LED-Flashlight-Grey-1x18650/32674678662.html?spm=2114.40010208.4.12.EFX816

Good thread,
Later,
Keith

Cheap Securitylng 16340

The last couple of these lights I bought would not take long batteries. Saying that I modded one to take an MTG-2 and was happy with the result.

That one looks interesting…cheap enough, so I’ve ordered. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Anyone interested in a hidden gem knife?

I bought this one used for $2 because I thought it would go well with something I inherited. I couldn’t believe how sturdy this thing is. The handle and opener stud are oddly shaped (at least for my hand) so I find that I never use the stud but the holes in the blade make it easy to open without the stud. The knife is all metal and the liner lock is part of the handle this makes it lock up very tightly when open. It’s so solid I find that it takes me both hands to release the liner lock.

This guy is selling them for about $10 so I went ahead and ordered 2 more. If they are as good as the other one it will be the best $20 I’ve spent in a long long time. I see them selling in the mid 20-30 dollar range and can say I’ve spent more and gotten less. This is easily a $50 knife so at $10 it’s practically stealing and I feel a little guilty about paying what I did for the first one. If you wait until I get the two new ones I’ll edit this post and confirm/refute the quality for the record.

Here’s the link ==> http://www.ebay.com/itm/172310413422?\_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Seeing as you are the first sale that listing has had, I am curious how fast these sell now that you recommended them. I am tempted to buy one but I am deep enough into flashlight at the moment, I promised myself that the Kershaw I got was the last one for a decade, I still have a few years left till that expires.

i recently very concerned about this angle light Rofis TR20 , i have never see this style flashlight before.

Dayum! An $80 hidden gem!

I doubt this light is good to transfer heat to body

I was pleasantly surprised when I got a “Lixada” brand 1000 lumen single 18650 cell light for review awhile back. It is listed for $13.59 (was $14.59 at time of review) on the site. HERE
The light looks good to me and it is a much better quality than I had ever expected of a sub $15 light. I really had not expected much when I was asked to review it.

The light is easily modded , with NO glue or anything sealed off too tightly , so after the review was done , I put a Noctigon with a dedomed XM-L2 U4 1A in it and FET driver and springs bypassed on both ends. Another surprise after that was done , the light performs well and has great output and better than expected heat-sinking , even with the higher amps and everything.

The full review HERE
Or just a couple of beamshots of the stock vs “modded” version HERE

If you search “knife” on that guy’s pages, he’s got several dozen various kinds, all unbelievably cheap.
Well, maybe believably. SKIVU seems to be a big business, when I ’oogled some of the different brand names offered.
E.g.: http://skivu.shop.rakuten.com/p/maxam-24pc-lockback-knives-in-countertop-display/268768219.html

No luck here. I ordered 2 and received one frame lock and one liner lock. Mossberg has changed the knife’s design (same SKU), it has the exact same blade but the handle is different. The easy way to tell them apart is to count the holes on the handle. The old frame lock will have five oval holes and the new liner lock has seven round holes. For the record the ebayer I referred to went into his stock and found me the last of the old style knives he had (not his fault IMO good guy to deal with). I still recommend the old knife at anything close to that price. The new one is just another folding knife, decent blade that I was able to sharpen to near shaving sharpness. I dry shaved the whiskers off of one cheek but I wouldn’t recommend the practice. :slight_smile:

Will add a few pics for those who have trouble counting :wink:

SMM

Let me add the Jet-1 MK i love it! Even though i have a Olight S1R i still EDC the Jet-1 Mk weird aye? Its looks so good and performs good also! I paid like 26 Aussie dollars for it i think. I would still prefer a 16340 EDC. When i have the cash i will buy the 16340 Jetbeam flashlight. Give my mate this light maybe if i can bring my self to part with it lol!

Money doesn’t bring happiness? This proves it! hahaha. Some people i talk too like to brag about having $200+ lights. But how happy does that light make them when they have to worry about it constantly? Or do not use it to its full potential? Shelf queen?

The Ultrafire UF980L is a C8 alternative, with a similar beam with less spill, more throw, and the light is about 2cm shorter than a Convoy C8.
It’s my go to light for wow factor when going for a walk in the evening.
The bezel is a bit sharp for pockets until foybezelled.

Retail prices are all over the place, from $25 to $80.

Here’s an old review: Review: Ultra Fire UF-980L

A Hot Rod Flashlight for Experienced Users Only

The Ultra Fire UF-980L is a flashaholic’s dream come true and that very fact makes it a very bad choice for a casual user. Right out of the box, the 980L is an over-the-top performer.

I love my Ultrafire UF-980L.

Great small light, very popular 5 years ago, funny how lights just fall to the wayside. Powerful pocket rocket.

Love the trustfire mini 01, powerful for size…. :smiley:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10003622/1264800-trustfire-mini-01-cree-xm-l-t6-3-mode-280lm-led