What blade did you EDC today?

Thanks Jon. Mostly healed, only a little pain there from direct contact. It is far enough along that I can get my hands dirty again. Lol

I may have to start celebrating un-birthdays, the desserts are SO Good! :smiley:

Today Iā€™ve got an AKC F-16 OTF. These budget otfā€™s in the same range as the Lightnings, but at least this F-16 that I have has not misfired one time in the 8 months that Iā€™ve owned it. Thatā€™s really saying something for an OTF. They are on sale right now too. Usually $55 or so.

https://www.grindworx.com/itemā€”AKC-F-16-Green-DA-OTF-Automaticā€”23855

https://www.grindworx.com/item--AKC-F-16-Green-DA-OTF-Automatic--23855

Looks pretty nice for the money!

With something bright green like that, it's tougher to misplace.

Yessir! I usually carry it with this bead that Bracen Frost milled out of some high-dollar hyperglow rod. Its huge!

Imgur

Hereā€™s a shot of the glowing along with some others made by Jay Lang with Gold Mountain Beads. The FW3A is adorned with silicone wedding bands that I found on Amazon.

Imgur

breaking down Amazon boxes today.
fed them to our burn barrel.

FreeTiger FT955.
Cheap, solid, excellent blade centering and perfect geometry for what I use it for.

Emerson super Karambit and zero tolerance tactical pen in left pocket and expandable baton in Right pocket

Added a Bestech BowieTie to my rotation. Very well made all around, not a trick missed! From the ceramic bearings to the flipper finger landing groove, Titanium frame overlayed with marble carbon fiber and the ever popular M390 blade steel. Shaving sharp out of the box and that tip is wicked!

Gorgeous, Dale! Nice choice. Didnā€™t know Bestech was striking up near $300 now for some models. If this was $100 less, Iā€™d be very tempted to pick one up.

Iā€™ve really come to enjoy this knife. This version of the Domin is a good size, has an excellent blade shape, flicks fantastically from the thumb studs, locks up solidly and drops shut nicely. While I still prefer N690 at the end of the day, 154CM is a great alternative to Chinese D2.

People have different definitions for ā€œbudget knifeā€ but these feel like a major win at the $50-60 level.

ruike p662; the original liner lock model. Itā€™s an awesome budget knife that usually sells out whenever someone has it in stock. Cheap, well designed and well made - great little knife.

Kershaw Bracket 3455!

I received this in the mail today.

At first, I was a bit disappointed because the assisted-opening action wasn't strong enough.

Then I adjusted the pivot screw, and now everything is awesome!

This knife has a different shape to it than my other knives, and I really like it.

One side of the handle is G10, and the other stainless steel.

It's a good combo, and it works for me.

I was a bit depressed because I had to euthanize my dog on Thursday, but now I feel much better partly because I really like this knife.

It's strange how getting a new "toy" to play with makes me feel better, but it does.

UPDATE:

I've decided not to carry this knife even though I like it.

The blade shape (cleaver) makes the knife not suitable for self-defense.

I've never had to use a knife for self-defense, but I like to have that option.

I am happy with the knife even though I won't be carrying it anymore.

New toys for older boys, keep em coming!

I know I just posted a pic of the Bestech BowieTie, they also made this GiantMouse Nazca Titanium! Very nicely doneā€¦ Nazca on the left utilizing their new bar lock (axis) mechanism.

And this morning I drew up a new fixed blade as a kitchen knife, cut it out and ground the bezels, ready for heat treatā€¦ .015ā€ thick MagnaCut. 5 1/2ā€ blade.

My Benchmade Bugout hired a bodyguard.

Yes, thatā€™s a 20mm MCPCB with a Luminus SBT-90.2 on it!

Jake Hoback Husky, the bodyguard. 1/4ā€ thick blade in Nitro V DLC black and 1/4ā€ thick Titanium Scales, also with DLC and 1/4ā€ thick each side. A rolling detent ball and caged bearings makes it flick open with authority! 11.6 ounces of badassery! :slight_smile:

I got a couple of sets of caged bearings today from Skiff Bearings. These are a bronze washer basically with 2 rows of 11 one mm ceramic balls pressed in ( yes, 22 ceramic balls on each side). They freely rotate but will not fall out.

My Medford Praetorian Genesis T and FUK Flipper (Folding Utility Knife) were both on bronze washers for extreme durability, but the Genesis stayed pretty stiff even after polishing the 2 pairs of washersā€¦ it stayed very difficult to open. These Skiff bearings are awesome! Thin enough to not radically change internal dimensions, on the Genesis it was as easy as using the 4 washers at the tail to balance the offset. On the FUK I cut a new Titanium standoff for the single screw at the tail end to keep the scales parallel. Flipper snaps open with authority now! And the Genesis rolls open so silky smooth!

At only $14 a set for the double row 1mm ceramic bearings it was a no-brainer upgrade to sweetly improve a couple of favorite folders. :slight_smile:

Love it when a plan comes together!

Got this Kershaw Copper 2 days ago but too busy to play with it until today.

Nice! Iā€™m a big fan of Skiff bearings. They donā€™t always make a difference, and sometimes the difference is small, but even that little bit can be amazing. I mostly notice it in the balance between free action and solid lock-up with respect to pivot tension.

Daleā€™s new edc knife (pic stolen from his post above) next to my new edc knife. We clearly develop in different directions :smiley: , although I really would like to feel the opening of that knife!

(Tactile Bexar, in magnacut)

Iā€™ve destroyed so many knives, not worth for me to carry more than $25. :person_facepalming:

My wife bought me this 12-inch knife from Thailand as my birthday present. It is a common utility knife in northeastern Thailand, made of steel from motor tweezers, with hand-made sheath made of padu wood ą¹„ąø”ą¹‰ąø›ąø£ąø°ąø”ąø¹ą¹ˆ.

I bought myself the Haikelite HK05, which costs two of the Thai blade.