What did you do today?

Would of been a good day to hit a parking lot and bring my rc gear with me......darn rain today, nice plane what motor are you using, brushed or bl.

Brushless 100W, 3S 800mA, 6x5.5" APC, 21" span, 250G AUW (thats 8oz?)

Son of a a gun. I wish I hadn’t bought so many T4 5A from Cutter (had to get the free shipping). I greatly prefer the 16mm ones over Cutter’s 14mm which is also thicker.

The R5 4C looks good too... I CANNOT spend any more money!

Nice, do you know what servos your going with, i take it digitals would be so much better then analog.

I put two futaba S3111 into it, along with a Spektrum 6100 Rx, Turnigy C2822 - 1600kv, Turnigy Plush 10A. The budget stuff from hobby king makes up the speedy and motor, sort of like the shining beam cross deal extreme store of the RC world.

I have tried the futaba digital S3152? the digital equivalent, and its a little more precise, but functionally the analogue S3111 are very good already. on 4.8V, I get 0.10sec, 22oz torque. The budget servos from HK, the venerable HXT900s are great, but the S3111 are that much better in accuracy, number of steps and torque for a micro servo class. They do cost more though... about $12 each vs $3 haha, but I thought it was justified in this little thing for scooting around with a little more speed. (oh btw, the digital version would have cost $30+)

Oh i know all about this hobby and what it costs.....broke by payday and waiting to get paid again to get more stuff. I have been checking out nitro on-roaders and it is just sick that they make super charger and turbo kits for nitro's now. Back in the days of my rc's i was planning on going bl but my club would not allow it. You can check my stuff out here- https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/3768

I have a pretty bad hangover from last night. I'll probably spend the day in bed with my netbook reading this and other forums

Dude go out and get some coconut water.......you can find them in the Asian isle of most grocery stores, hydrates you faster then water. They come in soda type cans and depending on your area costs about one buck per can. Trust me one or two cans will have you feeling like new again.

Alfred, thanks man. There's a supermarket literally 1500ft from my house. If I can get out of bed, I just might take a walk over there.

Its funny that i have been drinking this stuff for years and they finally did an article on it in Sports Illustrated lol. Who needs Gatorade or Powerade, Coconut all the way.

Coconut water or juice?

Has to be Water....not juice.

Thanks bud. I'll check it out :)

No problem and stock up on them there good for one's health. http://vitacoco.com/?gclid=CJqnxrykp6sCFcNM4AodJH7O3A

first tried to fit an xm-l on 16mm base to AA one mode light from DX (don't remember which one exactly it is) to replace x-re

after an hour of hand grinding it finally went in

it did work with 14500 but not with AA anymore

after close inspection I have found that one of the traces on the mcpcb was lifted and probably causing a short

so I took out my uf-2100 from DD and tried to get another xm-l from it (it's cool and I have a warm one on my way) but it went wrong -the emmiter just poped of the mcpcb on the carpet :)

I found it and reflowed it back in the kitchen on a pan

grinded it a little and it works! both AA (still not too brigt) and with 14500 (pocket rocket) :)

Today I've realized Quark Mini's will not come apart. I've just destroyed 2 of them. The threadlocker they use is superhuman. I thought that there HAD to be a way but I've tried everything. The damn things even bent my pliers! So much for my plan of a neutral XM-L Mini AA.

Just modded my Keygos KE5 with a warm white XM-L led. Will be testing color rendering outdoors tonight.

Put a driver in Foys F15 while trying to stay comfortable after having four 6 inch epidural needles jammed in my back.

Ouch!

Finally built and mounted my 35w hid road bike light.