What did you mod today?

Guess I need a polished aluminum Gift Box now.

I’m waiting for the update. :slight_smile:

After modding my SRK I started liking momentary switches WITHOUT additional clicky. I wanted the same comfort in my Conyoy L6 but with my zener modded BLF X6 driver (old version, beware of the new version!) the standby current was far to high. So I used this LDO for voltage regulation and it works very well. Standby current is only 90 micro amperes now.

Edit:
Using new Keeppower 5200 mAh protected von Banggood I measure 10 Amperes :open_mouth: for about 5000 lumens. Wonder why the protection circuit doesn’t trip …

just showing how dirty my pill gets when I use butane torch to solder the copper mcpcb together.

I’ve swapped my driver to my 16 amc7135 chip driver
Even worse soldering but didn’t get 5 amps. Just mere above 3.8 amps. (maybe it’s because stock multimeter leads)

Now it is just scorching hot. Hope the lens won’t melt off

Ah! Scorching hot! Just about right. A hotter battery and an FET driver and you’re right where you need to be. :smiley: The Carolina Reaper of flashlights. lol

Maratac CR123 Copper - Forward Clicky Switch Mod

PD, did you purchase the 100% from Menards? Just wondering how it worked out. I want to strip my F13 host and thought I’d head over to Menards tomorrow. Thanks.

Yep, I got the stuff from menards. It worked better than Greased Lightning, and the end result is close to perfect, but it wasn’t as quick or easy as I was expecting. Some pieces came out perfect after just sitting untouched in the lye, other pieces had to be scrubbed. You’ll want vinegar on hand to use after the lye, otherwise the aluminum starts to turn dingy.

Thanks for the reply, and that’s good news. Can you tell me how you applied it? I see it’s in crystal form. Just curious as to what ratio you used.

I wasn’t very scientific about it. I used a mason jar of warm water, maybe a tablespoon or two.

ThorFire TS07 (TOP) got an emitter swap to XPG2 Neutral white R5 4C on 12mm from Simon $1.50
Tool Ti (Bottom)

So I took my Olight S15R apart got MCPCB out, swapped in a new emitter, all fine. I just can’t get the button to line up again when putting it all back together. Any tips?

Got up this morning for my daily fix of CRX mods and nothing. Hope he’s ok. :weary: :slight_smile:

Aww, that’s nice… Here you go pal. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, I couldn’t believe how incredibly easy this was to do. I used Drano Professional Strength Crystals that I purchased from Lowes. Used safety glasses and latex gloves. Wasn’t sure what to wear, so I put on my welding jacket. Had one plastic bowel with warm water and a plastic bucket filled with cold water for rinsing. I mixed maybe 1/2 cup of crystals into the warm water and dipped my first piece in using a wire hanger. I don’t think any piece took more than 30 seconds. I all just melted right off in a matter of seconds. I used the toothbrush to get in between the cooling fins, but only in a few spots. It really was this easy. I think setting up took more time. Unfortunately, this project won’t be done for another month since I am waiting for parts from various vendors to light the tailcap. Am also going to attempt to place a colored led under the triple optics.

Planning on polishing several spots as well.

Convoy M2 Quad XP-L HI V2 5A2 18 AWG Mtn Fet+1 Bistro 13.4A on tail with DMM

I’ve got an M2 with quad 219c. It’s a burner for sure

it was a miserable build… I’m tired and listed the wrong emitters. I used the XP-L HI V2 5A2 on a Tpad Quad.
Parts didn’t fit. Could not get the copper pill to seat on the shelf and had to reduce the size of the copper at the shelf and the upper lip. Lip was too large and hit the side walls if the head. Once I got it to sit on the shelf the stack (copper, Tpad and optic) was too short to meet the top of the brass ring. Had to use a copper 20mm MCPCB stripped to bare copper as a shim, under Tpad, to get the optic to the same level as the brass ring. Oh yeah, Brass ring did not fit onto the head at all. Had to reduce the OD of that too AND the ring is about 1/2 as thick now. Bought 3 kits and all have the same issues. First and last M2 Quad.

Were these the kits from russia?

yeah