What did you mod today?

I’ve been slicing my last several 519As. A lot less pink than DD, but still some pink added.

2 Thanks

It was beautifully neutral before! :cry:

I’ve ordered a new one, this time 5000K with domes that will be staying firmly put! I’ve tried a few different CCTs and for me 5000 is the sweet spot.

3 Thanks

I haven’t decided what to do yet, my initial thoughts were also an XHP50.3 3v, and maybe a triple too.

1 Thank

When I used to sell cars for a living we used to say that every pot has its lid. Guess it’s true for flashlights as well :slight_smile:

5 Thanks

Yes exactly this, 100%! I spend alot of time outdoors, the tints I like really make the colours pop. I mentioned I like these tints on Reddit, so naturally I was told my preference was incorrect.

2 Thanks

I agree. I prefer rosier indoors but outdoors greener tints aren’t a such big deal, they work perfectly well.

1 Thank

I’ve always thought the rose tint was out of place. I wonder if you guys are also mildly colour blind like i am?

Most everyday colours i see but there’s a very small number that i misread, usually in low light.

2 Thanks

I’m slightly colour blind too. I was told that every time I had to identify a number or a character in a puddle of greenish an pinkish balls. But I was applying for desk jobs, so that was just for the statistics in my medical record. It’s probably hereditary, my grandfather also was slightly colour blind. He was an engine driver for the Dutch National Railroad. But he also was a PITA, so after dozens of years of employment without any accident they finally found a reason to disqualify him for working.

1 Thank

Maybe it’s my off kilter sense of humor but i find that pretty funny :smile:

I’m not, I used to be a crew member on a lifeboat and red / green colour blindness is something that would have disqualified me. Being able to tell the colour of nav lights at night is the difference between safely passing another vessel and slamming into it. I think I’m just picky when it comes to lights, I like 5000K and neutral tint.

2 Thanks

Sofirn SC21 Pro w FFL350RD 3500K

From my perspective, as someone who Loves Tint below the BBL, I do not recommend the Tint DUV of the FFL350RD 3500K.

6 Thanks

Did they start offering dedicated emitters for people who appreciate green tint, or what happened? I remember them offering especially rosy LEDs, so I thought their supplier could do pretty tight tint binning. So why the heck do we now get such green tints? If they can produce rosy tints on purpose, one would expect they could also make (reliably) dead neutral tints, too.

1 Thank

When I first got my FFL505 I was pretty disappointed. Thinking it would be pretty much a pink LED I was faced with a 0.0040 DUV. Really strange.

2 Thanks

This is what the website claims the DUV should be:
Duv: -0.00004 to 0.0004 (on BBL)
this is what it actually looks like compared to DD 4500K 519a:

In real life the FFL actually looks Much more greenish yellow than the photo might suggest.

3 Thanks

At least it matches the color of the host well LOL

Jokes aside, I would be pretty unhappy with this color. I know some people like green tints, I am not one of them. Close to 0, or a tiny bit rosy is great. Everything that deviates too far from 0 bothers me.

1 Thank

Simple mod today. Just a bit of sanding. (OK, a hell of a lot of sanding!) Started with 400 grit and worked my way all the way up to 5000 grit. I never wish to sand Titanium again!

But DAMN does it look good!!!

13 Thanks

Looks great!

That’s terrible. I have some but I haven’t had a chance to put them in a host. This not the first time Firefly has been a let down.

I think the FFL351A is the rosy emitter they offer. Here is my 4000K FFL351A next to a 4500K domed 519A. Its the rosiest emitter I have seen yet.

1 Thank

that was true for the first batch of FFL351a 3700K, but no longer true… FFL 351a and FFL350RD details in this thread

For me, FFL LEDs are a waste of time. They are still changing the phosphor recipe from one batch to the next. Some are very pink, some are neutral, and some have rather yellow tint w positive DUV.

The Fireflies CCT claims are also inconsistent… my recent FFL350RD 3500K actually measures 3883K… more detail in comments from Jackson here

3 Thanks