I think the issue is probably the loss of NiMH compatibility, which would require a ton of disclaimers to an uninformed buyer. Super neat light though.
[NMD] Skilhunt H300R replace 6500K Low CRI w 5000K High CRI
before and after:
I know this is an old post, and I’ve no knowledge of the Lux-RC, but WOW that light looks very very good.
It is a dream for me to one day own some Okluma lights. I can’t say why I like them more than any other customs, but they just speak to me.
They all look great, but the 16340 and 18350 ones look best imo.
as for what I modded today: reflowed 519a domed 5700K and FFL351A 1800K onto my LT1 mcpcb. I just finally got a brick/cord/PSU powerful enough for my mini hotplate. however, I must have to do it again, as only one 351A is lighting up. might attempt to fix tonight.
One day, I will own a modded Zebra Sc64/65. I also would like the 21700 version as it reminds me of lights my grandfather would buy.
I have spent a lot of money at Jackson’s store, but I must say that I have had bad luck in the tint lottery department, at least with his SST-20s.
I purchased both “FA3” and “FA4” 4000k bins from him, and they were just as green as every other SST-20 I’ve ever seen. I was extremely disappointed.
To date (only been in the hobby since '21, even though I had bought an SC31 Pro in 2018? or so), I have only ever seen a SINGLE nicely tinted 4000k SST-20. I’m certain it came from one of my early Convoy orders, but it is quite nice. absolutely no green even on lows, and even slightly rosy on highs.
I have had it in a brass Lanapple, until I swapped it out for a nice SW30K.
I don’t know what host to put the nice SST-20 into. I really wish I had more.
By the way, those “FA3” and “FA4” emitters are in a 12x mule DW4. it’s only acceptable with a layer of Lees 1/4 minus green.
I am very sorry for the long, unnecessary, and unhelpful necropost. I got too hyperfocused and end up writing these too much.
That’s not bad. I do really need to make another Convoy parts order, since I got the wrong reflector in my L21B SFT-70.
I do have a handful of bare SST-20s left over from some Hanks, planning on swapping them into some huge 3D Husky reflector light I have, also need a driver for it probably with 26650 adapters.
his 1800K 219F are really nice too.
Haven’t tried any of the new LHP emitters yet either
The LHP emitters are dang good for what they are, here is the 4000k
And here it is compared to other 4000k lights, white balance is set to 5000k.
From left to right: B35AM, SST-20, and LHP531
I sliced the 3000K 519A LED in my stainless steel S6 down to 1.5mm by turning over the reflector gasket and using it as a spacer to slice the dome. Worked great!!!
I wanted to minimize the reduction in CCT and my tallest customized washer was only 1.25mm. 1.5mm is still plenty enough to turn the tint from neutral to slightly rosy.
I also put in a pink lighted switch. Surprisingly these new Convoy pink lighted switches with 0402 LEDs are very efficient! Much more so than the 0805 versions that I have used in the past. I replaced the stock 300 ohm resistors with 15K which brought the current down to 0.04mA at 4.1V. My other pink (and pink variations) lighted switches are around 0.2mA with a similar brightness.
I dropped a LHP531 4000K in a SC31 Pro:
The Bezel was glued, so I needed some help:
Reflow went smooth:
4,500 Lumens on Turbo:
Less rings than the SST40:
Not really a mod, but I added a Black screw on clip to my Convoy S6 that I’ve named my Deadpool Light:
Screws are a little bit too long:
Looks nice!
I always file down the screws and nuts when I use those clips. Now I have to resist not replacing them with these new black ones!
What length do you bring them down too?
I’m currently looking at some 3mm M2 screws on Ali
It depends on the flashlight and how thin I filed the nuts down to. I keep checking the length until I get 1 side looking good and then repeat for the other.
I think 3mm is too short. I purchased these 4mm
Should arrive in a week or so.
That’s what I’m trying to figure out
Is it neutral or cool white?thanks:):
To me 4000K is on the warm side of neutral.
It’s definitely not cool white.

















