What do you look for in a Group Buy?

How about the Crelant 7G5MT with the Aspheric head free (so as not to run afoul of any MAP policy).

Generally speaking, the GB's that do the best are those that either offer one product at a great discount, OR they offer discounts off of multiple models, but require the sum total of the order to be high (say 5k minimum).

Now that XML2's are out, one area where I would love to see focus, is on high end lights that are now dated. You can bet companies like Fenix have stockpiles of flashlights they will be trying to sell off, but are unwilling to part with at extremely low prices. If a large order was offered, they may be more amenable.

it needs to be budget and moddable for me, anything else I’m easy on but I will not consider any of the companies that have recently waved the map hamner or been caught out using shady business practices on blf

I don’t even like them still getting air time on blf tbh. so for me, off the top of my head:-

fenix
nitecore
niwalker
crelent
xtar
wallbuys
jetbeam
sunwayman

I’ll update that list when I’ve had time to do a little research, but certainly the above companies need a kick in the nuts, not more business or free advertising.

The reason for the Crelant 7G5MT suggestion, is that I think it's a light that's flopped.

I'm hoping Crelant sales reflect this, and they could feel they have no choice but to go down in price significantly.

With the aspheric it has the potential to be very unique. If you don't care about the side switch, it's also probably fairly easy to mod.

1) No threadlocker.
2) No threadlocker.
3) No threadlocker.

i think mr lurker is saying he wants a superman comic with every purchase

+1 to that.

A budget aspheric thrower, without the bulk and cost of a monster like the BTU shocker

Why should we support them, if they’re not going to be proactive in the first instance?
Further to that, MAP, glued threads = –1

HEAR HEAR !

- Final price, including shipping costs and any other charges, must be very attractive.

- Paypal only (no credit card or western union, or other)

• I don’t care so much about modding, but it is imperative that there is the possibility of replacing any of its parts, with standard components.

Convoy L4 group buy?

80cri xm-l2 and I’m in for sure.

Just swap the emitter to whatever you want yourself when you upgrade to copper mcpcb. ;)

If FT could make a special coupon code for their L4 selling it closer to 20$ I have a feeling that many would buy one. Kinda like a special 3 day discount "group buy coupon". :p

I see it more as taking advantage of the situation to your own benefit. Do you benefit if the lights sit in a warehouse somewhere indefinitely? No.

Do you benefit if you're able to get them for way less than you could otherwise? Yes.

Plus with these companies I'd personally be much more willing to walk away and give them the finger... a strong position from which to bargain.

Buying a light with glued threads is never an advantage.

+1 to no glued threads and such..

good point well made 8)

ok, so that’s the group buy? convoy l4 however it comes for $20?

cool, I’ll have two please.

And I’ll happily give fenix et al the finger unless their going to pay ME to take stock off their hands, I really dont rate them that highly in the grand scheme of things.

Since you asked, a AA/14500 Zebralight with a Nichia 219 led and an optic.

Short term gain in lieu of long term pain is counter productive to me mate :slight_smile:

I think the lights that make sense for GB are unique lights - BLF logo or high CRI emitter or custom mode selection or whatever.

If it’s just gonna be stock, we might as well wait for a dealer to get it in stock and ask them for a discount code. At least we don’t have to front any money that way.

That is my favorite.

I was really interested in the group buy of the Niwalker and since I have never owned one of theirs, I considered it nice way to get to know each other.
They may have made a customer for life.
Instead they made an enemy by their childish business decisions.

But, back on point, I look for a good value in a good light. Hopefully a Special Edition, different emitter or special tint, etc.
That gets my attention, so much so that the price need not be spectacular if it is offering something that is not available everyday.

I was in sales for 20 years and one thing I learned, Satisfy a customer and they will tell 3 people how great you/your company is, Pizz them off and they will tell at least 10 people and they will continue to bash you till the day they die.
True words, be nice to the customer and good things happen.
The internet has changed everything as far as reputation and getting away with screwing customers.

Later,
Keith