What do you look for in a Group Buy?

this.

look at how successful reys light buys were, it drove him nuts, but they offered something a little different and I like and use both of mine.

I’m more interested in community lights than a cheaper brand light, they mean more to me, be it a chi x heatsink, old lumens build or a dealer who heavily joins in the community and gets something that signifies that - reys lights had reprogrammed drivers and some laser etching on trustfire hosts, I love them to bits because they are something special, rather than a cheap mainstream light with nothing to signify our and their interest.

I appreciate everyone’s input. These things take time so bear with me as I try to make something happen.

One thing I ask is that this not turn into another MAP debate…nor another bash manufacturer xyz brand. There are plenty of other threads in which these views are already expressed. I only brought up MAP originally to let everyone know that I would do my best to avoid cancelled GBs in the future due to MAP.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Best price ever seen on an attractive light, charger or other item.

I totally agree with what was said above about unique buys. I absolutely love the A8’s that Rey did up for us. I have two of them (one of each tint) and they were my go to light for this last camping trips. We used them pointing up from the picnic table to the shelter/tarp we always use over the table for rain protection. One the lowest setting was great as a night light when at the fire but with either or both on med/high would could light up the table or whole camp site with the reflection off the tarp and I love the duration it runs for with a 26650 cell. For me I love the opportunity to buy a reasonably priced torch with a choice of led and much improved driver settings. I think the tint choice and better driver (more modes, no flashy and perhaps harder driven turbo?) are the two most important factors for me if I’m committed to the purchase.

I also like higher end lights but almost all of those fail because of MAP so to be perfectly honest with you, they just don’t interest me especially after this last falling out. I really don’t have the desire to drop >$100 on a torch unless it is truly something amazing or new to market. Its too bad with this last one and I wonder when MAP comes into play maybe one option to keep the price up is to “include” batteries with the light? Say a torch has a Map of $150 and you can get it for $110…. maybe to satisfy map policies sell it for the $150 but include 4 “free” 18650 cells with it….? I have bought a few of my torches with batteries at the same time because of the need for either specific or more cells (first btu: 4x KP 3400’s, Rey’s A8’s: 2xTrustfire 26650’s/torch) just me thinking out loud. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think one thing that should be avoided in a GB is lights and equipment that are already stocked by a friendly retailer.

The last thing I want is someone like IS getting stuck with inventory that they can’t sell and then taking a bath on it.

You know, that is a great point. I certainly wouldn’t mind working with them or any local dealers on GBs…hint hint… :wink:

That has actually gave me an idea about a previous light I had inquired about a group buy for, but was unfortunately discontinued. Only problem is, they want a 300 piece minimum to start production of it again...

EEK! only 300 you say…… EEK! :open_mouth:

Yeah... Only... Not going to say no more until I discuss a lower number and the prices with them. I will start my own thread if I think it is doable.

Back to our regularly scheduled program...

pair of silicon DDM leads? I’d take 3 if it happens.

Links help…purdy please.

Something like these?

Or these?

What about MaxToch brand? I have heard good things about them…but don’t know much. Would there be interest in them as a group buy? If so…which light?

No love for MaxToch???

Seriously, I’ll deffer to the experts.

Just to many bad experiences from many of us.

Maybe a new brand or custom maker, with honest business practices that could use some support. It would have to be good quality and also moddable. I’m guessing that for a group buy discount to be interesting it’s not going to be something really cheap.

Something other than a complete flashlight could also be nice. I could use a C8 pill with copper mcpcb with mounted LED and matching driver (NANJG105C with DrJones driver for example).

I would like to see a groupbuy like the A8 again too, affordable cheap price custom driver custom laser etching and a wonderful light…perfect
It has to be something special and of course budget->means that we will actually save instead of spend money…

Excellent deal for a good light.

I bought mine for $29 months back. If a coupon can be used it would be a "must buy" imho.

Hey bgyen…I requested the UltraFire C20 as a Group Buy from WB. Just got an email and they have it for $24.80. Ships Oct 28th. Not sure if there is a current WB coupon code to make it cheaper. Edit: (Coupon codes not avail on GBs) Still a decent price for this Crelant 7G3CS clone.