What I did last summer (and fall, and winter...)

So, a few of you might have heard I was stuck in Brazil for the last 8 months or so (roughly summer-winter in the Southern Hemisphere, therefore the title).

Now that I’m back in Chile for a couple of days already, I thought I might share with you some of my more flashlight-related experiences, to wit (not in any particular order):

1. Bought a pair of Lumintop 14500 900mAh USB-C batteries from AliExpress; yep, in the past I vowed never to buy anything from AE ever again, but I needed those to replace my old microUSB also from Lumintop that suddenly developed a very high internal discharge all by itself, and AE was the only source that could deliver it to Brazil with reasonable cost – so I decided to risk it. In the end it took 15 days and arrived with no issues.
  2. My trusty TS10v1 started developing what seemed like switch issues (sometimes not turning on, other times not turning off, etc) so I bought a new one (a TS10v2 this time);
  3. Along with the TS10 I bought a new FC13; I already had one, but saw their “last batch!” announcement at their product page, so I decided to buy another one as a spare (I use my FC13 extensively and would hate to be without one if/when it breaks or gets lost). Was not able to buy with the SFT40 LED, so I got one with the XHP50.2 5000K instead;
  4. Met a long-time friend who only then I found out to be a flashlight-maniac too; helped him with a flashlight-unrelated issue and he was so happy that he gifted me a Nitecore TM20K; in response, I bought a pair of D3AAs from Hank (one for me and one for him) and gifted him with a full kit (flashlight, normal & magnetic tailcap, clip, plus a white diffuser I had a spare for my TS10 with a 3D-printed adapter so it would fit in his D3AA, plus a Vapcell H10 battery for the turbo and a F12 for the capacity, plus a Liitokala Lii-100 charger, and finally a 3.3V UPDI USB flashing kit from theFreeman modded to work with the D3AA. He really liked it!
  5. The L10 and F12 batteries and the Liitokala charger I bought from Simon Mao @Convoy; The D3AAs I got directly from Hank. All of them arrived in time (the D3AAs via Fedex in just 5 days! and the batteries plus charger via 4PX in 20 days);
  6. Found a local electronics shop to mod the 3.3V UPDI adapter to work at 5V so it would be able to flash the D3AA;
  7. Found a local 3D printing shop to print a TS10-to-D3AA head diameter adapter; their work was so good that I also had them make a couple of 14500-to-18650 battery adapters so, in an emergency, I can recharge my TS10 and D3AA batteries in my Wurkkos FC13.
  8. Frustrated by rough threading behavior with my FC13 and my TS10, I searched extensively for and found a REALLY EXPENSIVE local supply of authentic Nyogel 760G; at least the quantity was so small that I don’t have to worry about it lasting forever :slight_smile:

Well, that just about sums it up. I already wrote a bit in theFreeman topic about the adapter modding; I plan to write more about my other experiences above with info that might be useful for someone else in the same predicament or with the same needs.

Thanks for reading!

4 Thanks

Ive been using those in my D3AA and TS10… like the convenience

congrats… nice to have RGB aux…

I hope he enjoys it all :wink:

hope you like 760G as much as I do… the G stands for Glow… under UV:

thanks for the update, welcome back! :wink:

1 Thank