What is the brightest (throw or flood) manufactured (non-custom) single 18650 flashlight - at ANY cost?

Wouldn’t that still count as a custom? Not sure. Sounds interesting though.

Oveready (TorchLabs/Moddoolar), custom? I don’t think so. Their products (lots of them) are usually in stock and availiable to anybody. Their website has been up for several years and I have purchased from them many times. When I think of “custom” lights, I think of some guy building lights a couple at a time in his garage or basement that have parts that don’t interchange with anything and are made from unusual or exotic materials. A custom builder (in my eyes) will also make something to order. IE: diamond encrusted or precious metals or a one of a kind shape/specs designed by the customer.

If price were the criteria, Surefire Hellfighters ($$$:money_mouth_face: would be “custom”. They have made thousands of them. Not custom lights but they have made several one of a kind (very custom) mounts for “special” applications. The new Hellfighter 4 is out now and the basic kits start at $6500 to $9500. Thousands of them will be made too.

So would you consider Elektrolumens to be custom as he has them in stock and has a website to sell them?

I do not consider Electrolumens to be custom. Limited production but not custom. Just my opinion though.

I have lots of lights that I can Lego (move parts from one light to another) and I probably have a few combinations that nobody else has duplicated but they are made of readily avialable parts and therefore, are not custom either.

In the context of this thread I guess what matters most is what the OP means by custom.

Webster’s Dictionary says -
“Custom” - adjective: Made or done to order for a particular customer: “a custom guitar”.

As soon as more than one of something is made, it is no longer custom. It becomes limited production. There are exceptions though. For instance, a matching pair of dueling pistols. Identical in every way but unique to any other set of dueling pistols. Or a set of custom, one of a kind wheels for a car. Obviously they had to make 4 of them (5 with a spare) but unique to all other wheels.

Words mean what they mean. Not knowing what the word means does not change the defination. That said, perhaps the OP meant to use a different word instead of “custom”.

Ummm yeah fascinating. But seeing as the point is to help the OP find a flashlight not pass an English exam all a bit irrelevant.

+1 to what Rufus said.

Yellowhorse, I agree with you on the definition of custom, but some people don't.

As far as I can tell defination is not a word though. :P

LOL!!!

OH! Maybe you may want to look up what LOL means Yellowhorse. :slight_smile:

rufus001 - I’ve seen NO suggestions at all from you on what the OP is looking for. You are helping, how? Got a problem with facts?

I love facts, if they are relevant, and don’t come across as being snooty. :slight_smile: I haven’t given any suggestions because as far as I know the Thrunite he mentions, which I have, is the brightest single 18650 torch. Any other ones mentioned haven’t actually been tested, as far as I know, or aren’t single 18650.

You got me! “Definition” not “defination”. I stand corrected. Poor typing skills this morning. DUH.

First they came for the Grammar Nazis …

Then the Grammar Nazis corrected their grammar and they ran away crying. :P

Thread officially derailed. :D

But seriously if anybody knows of a brighter light I’d like to hear about it. Ideally one that is confirmed brighter with at least a ceiling bounce test.
“It looks brighter to me” I don’t care!

Since by YellowHorse's definition these are not custom.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?339773-vinhnguyen54-D26-P60-XML-U2-Cool-White-COPPER-PCB-1300-Lumen-Drop-In-SALE-THREAD

Proper grammar and a clear understanding of what words mean (not what you THINK they mean) is a good thing. Poor spelling, not so much. I kinda deserved being taken to task for my mistake. If I make a mistake, I’m the first one that wants to know about it. H)