What is the brightest (throw or flood) manufactured (non-custom) single 18650 flashlight - at ANY cost?

In that case your photo is neither a horse nor Yellow. :0

It’s a drop-in not a light and has it been tested? And if this dumbarse forum tells me I can’t make more than 1 post a minute 1 more time I am going to go NUTS!!

While you can't be sure I am going to take his word for it and am probably ordering one soon.

+1 It's been driving me crazy.

scaru - “Since by YellowHorse’s definition these are not custom.”

I have one of Vinhnguyen’s first quad drop-ins. Nice piece but he has made many of them and by definition (got it right that time :wink: ), is no longer a “custom” item. If you own something that 100 other people own, it would be a stretch to classify it as such. I’m sticking to ‘limited production’ to describe items like that.

Hopefully you have a light meter and can test it for us if you get one. :slight_smile:

The first impressions are coming in and they look pretty positive but it looks like the first run of them is over so I have to wait.

“vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XML-U2 Cool White COPPER PCB 1300 Lumen Drop-In”

$55.00? NICE!

He will have more for sale in 1.5-2 weeks, so I will be ordering one then and possible one of these.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?326040-COOLY-26650-D26-(P60)-Host-By-FiveMega

I just wish he mailed complete lights. I’m totally paranoid about doing even minor assembly. I say this having recently assembled my own computer though! :slight_smile:

rufus001 - They fit in most P60 hosts. 15 seconds of assembly required. Piece of cake.

I'm sure if you asked him he could put it in the host for you. :P

I guess it’s more a case of do I want to take my addiction to the next level. I’ve spent heaps since getting interested a few months ago and this could be a case of further down the rabbit hole for me. :smiley:

Yellowhorse gave help based on his understanding of the words used to ask for help . . and then was asked about it, to which he further explained. It’s not like HE was the guy with the rant in this thread.

So maybe if the person giving suggestions based on the words asked doesn’t become a discussion point they won’t have to explain themselves and then receive off-topic rants like yours above. Capiche?

To the OP: I assume you mean a sustained high mode. Several manufacturers suggest that lumens at flux are higher on strobe mode and that seems possible due to less heat and battery sag. I know I’ve seen some lights with a mfgrs turbo mode, but not sure if any cross 882.

The flashlight wiki says (from Cree docs) the T6 & U2 can produce more than 882, so perhaps testing is missing some in data capture AND/OR respected mfgrs (we believe) smartly don’t want to support a light with extremely high draw in a nod to other factors like heat, run time, lifetime, driver features that introduce inefficiencies, etc.

Match’s testing showed the led can produce it, but design and component limits currently translate to practical marketability below the observed level.

The lights E1320 is working on right now are examples of both innovation and reasonable compromise . . 2.8A turbo still isn’t going to hit the 325% maximum LED potential and most of us here are OK with that for the format and intended purpose.

Sorry. Don’t speak Italian.

GottaZoom - THANKS.

So you “capiche” what he said? Even without the help of a dictionary? Nice work!

He understood what custom meant, he just posted the definition so everyone could agree on one thing and to set a standard.

Basically same effort as changing batteries. One can wrap batteries to reduce rattle, just like wrapping a drop-in for heat transfer (though the latter is more important IMO).

Good Lord people!!! All I am saying is that if we are trying to help the OP quoting from the dictionary is not going to help when he has already stated that he doesn’t believe an Elektrolumen is non-custom. So why not ask him what he means rather than quoting the dictionary which can come across as somewhat condescending.