What is your favorite folding/pocket knife?

Currently, the AD15. Solid construction, S35VN steel. I dyed the olive drab scales to navy blue.

Back in 2010 I reviewed these 3 knivesā€¦ pic is a link

The mini grip is still with me, I take it camping. Recommended.

Milwaukee Fastback compact utility knife. Sturdy, non intimidating, fairly cheap, sharp as heck, replacement blades cost under 20 cents each so donā€™t worry about trashing them. Exposed blade length is only about 1 inch, but I have not really wished for more than that since starting to carry this.

I got a bunch of the go,comma flippers, expecting them to be ā€œdisposableā€, but Iā€™m still working on my first one which is going strong. This oneā€™s apparently a PF clone.

Kinda like the Boruit RJ-02 headlamp, I had low expectations and expected each to be ā€œdisposableā€, but damn, for intended beaters, they hold up really well.

I donā€™t have a lot of knives, but for my favourite it would be hard to choose between the Civivi Chronic and Victorinox Alox Pioneer.

The Chonic is more fun to fidget with and I prefer one-hand opening and a lock, but the Pioneer is the one I actually carry every day (often covered with sticky residue from opening packages).

My state isnā€™t very knife-friendly but I fee comfortable carrying the Pioneer just about everywhere, and the screwdrivers are very handy.

SAK Tinker Delux.

Its gonna be a SAK, or Iā€™d need a multitool in another pocket.

When I need a real knife it is bradford guardian 3, in m390

Out of all my knives the Spyderco PM2 has been my EDC for the longest time, for fun fidget factor the Spyderco smock reigns king.

I have no reason to suspect that this is a clone. As far as I can tell, it is simply a rebrand. Like some of the rebrands that have come through Eafengrow, this one is falsely stamped as D2. The Petrified Fish version is stamped 8Cr13Mov and thatā€™s what I initially suspected after putting some use on the go,comma. Overall, this is a decent little knife and a good bargain for what it was.

I donā€™t think the PF version is still available but it came in a bunch of different scale colors.

SAK Compact

Spyderco Endura ZDP-189

I have it for so long I donā€™t even remember when I got it and itā€™s such a great knife that I ended up selling all my other folders except few Opinels.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP10PGRE/spyderco-c10pgre-endura-flat-ground-zdp-189-satin-plain-blade-green-frn-handles

1 Thank

My tree favorites : Ganzo FH12 full metal D2 steel with balls bearing, Sanrenmu 9103 full metal with ball bearing and 12C27 steel, Ganzo G720 for cutting tasks as a work tool.

two bonuses : sanremu 7112 small and very light slipjoint with decent blade, luxury option : full titanium twosun with 14C28N and balls bearing, great knife but the thumbstud opening donā€™t work so I removed it , the name of the knife is not even marked on it lol

My old and trusted Opinel nr.9 in carbon steel. About 40 years old, slightly modified and permanent resident in my right pocket during the day. Razorsharp, and like to keep it that way.

I have the Delica in ZDP-189, but donā€™t use it at all. Still a nice hard steel that benefits from a good diamond hone.

Chris

personal favorites

favorite relic knife:

Those are all really nice! :heart_eyes: Is the keen kutter a 1942 like the dollar?

thanks!
iirc the KeenKutter sussed out to be between 1909-1917
more pics and details here:
pic is a link

Very good taste, sir. Hatā€™s off to you. A good Barlow is about as refined as it gets in a pocket blade.

thank you sir :slight_smile:

I spent some time down that rabbit hole:

Knives came before flashlights. I thought moving to flashlights would be cheaperā€¦ :person_facepalming:

but thenā€¦

I seem to think in threesā€¦

ZT0630, or ZT0550.
Or a number of cold steel knivesā€¦ Recon, ak, talwar xl, espada lg.
Love caring all these, depending on need.

Iā€™ve used S.A.K.ā€™s mostly, at this moment a Victorinox Climber in the pocket, if I want a little bigger knife Iā€™ll carry the Picnicker Iā€™ve bought in 1990. Have a bunch of these S.A.K.ā€™s included the largest made, the Wenger Ranger (98mm blade) and the later and slightly smaller Wenger New-Ranger (95mm blade, these are still made as the Victorinox Rangergrip). For me these are more openers than knives but I like them and they work for me, I travel in the EU at least monthly and every EU-country has itā€™s own rules for knives, the smaller S.A.Kā€™s like the Climber or the flatter Spartan are welcome almost everywhere so make life easier.

I do have other pocket knives but use them very little, when I need knives like when camping I like fixed knives much better so have more of these than pocket knives from small to very large.