What is your favorite folding/pocket knife?

Delica 4 in ZDP-189 I got in 2008 (ish). I used to collect knives like I collect flashlights, but it’s so good that I haven’t felt the need to buy a new knife since I got it. Still hoping one day I can find a flashlight as good as that knife.

Beautiful set of Barlows. Kinda new to the 'hobby', and already have quite a 'variety, but those are just the kinda knives I aspire to owning, at least before I'll consider myself a true 'collector'... very nice, thx!

Probably prefer very similar 'choices' and uses, though with so many affordable 'foreign' knockoffs available these days, mine are likely more in the 'budget' range.

Substituting for a Buck 'auto', really liking this recent 'assisted' find, in pretty decent steel for a cheapo, and a surprisingly tough blade that I've even risked some vigorous 'prying' with a few times w/o any issues...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RY8WLVC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also partially serrated folders are pretty handy if you're a boater, so this all-stainless flipper in 9Cr18Mov has been my main EDC this summer and so far performs well, especially cutting poly line. Though still won't be a 'yuge' loss if it accidentally ends up overboard (kinda like my fav old Buck 110 did... ouch)!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082MFPRH8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Xevious had displayed this one and I had to try it. Really smooth ! Good pick bud :+1:

Nothing fancy for me, just an old Victorinox Soldier that’s getting pretty worn. Quick and easy to keep sharp, and the screwdriver and belt punch/awl get used a lot. I’d feel so bad if I lost it that I have a new one stashed to cover that possibility.

I carried Case and King Cutters for decades, and I still have a few of those tucked away as well - in lots of ways they’re nicer, and surely have better blade steel, but the Victorinox just does it all for about 1/3 the price.

That looks like a likely replacement for my Leatherman C33T if it ever wears out or gets lost. How do you go about sharpening the main blade on that thing though?

Actually, the “Soldier” is just a simple aluminum framed pocket knife - one blade, can opener, two screwdrivers, and an awl. Easy to sharpen, I use a Lansky sharpener and a few licks on a steel now and again.

I think you might looking at the Victorinox multi-tool, which is an amazing device (although pricy, but worth every cent.) Mine was stolen along with my truck, and so far I haven’t replaced it. The saw alone made it worthwhile, I cut a quite a few 2x4’s with it and never broke a sweat. I rarely used the blade, as I always had other larger blades handy - mostly just the other parts, which I miss greatly…

The older Soldier was the same as the Pioneer these days, I was given one of those when I was in the army but I have no idea what happened to it, did get me a new Pioneer thou but hardly use it as it misses the corkscrew and I like my wine.

I think CollectEverything is thinking the modern Soldier with the 111mm frame as that one has an almost fully serrated 85mm blade.

I thought we were talking about this model: Victorinox Swiss Soldier's Knife 08 in green/black - 0.8461.MWCH

Apparently the model names are less straightforward than I would have expected.

My daily beater is Spyderco Cat.
Today I forgot to carry it (changing pants!) but fortunately I have a backup in my mini medkit.

Hands down: Kershaw Blur. Have 8 or 9 of them. Cheap enough to not worry about if you loose it, very high quality one handed opening. Solid feel.

ps, some great looking stuff upthread there.

Favorite spyderco sage 5

Yeah, it does come down to aesthetic choice. I picked the Nomad for its understated minimalist design. I like how it’s left/right clip mounted and has a finishing plate for the opposite side. It is maddening how many knife designs on the mid to higher end ignore the left handed buyer. But that’s also an issue with frame/liner locks… You pick a side and that’s it. Axis lock is by nature ambidextrous.

Rdubya18, glad to see you got the Nomad and that you’re happy with it! :+1:
Jason improved the Nomad with a brass caged ceramic bearings. Mine has brass washers. But man, are they fluid.

The brass caged bearings in this Nomad are one of the smoothest, out of the box knives I’ve ever gotten . I am very happy with it .

For EDC, I prefer a standard Victorinox mini

• It’s cheap
  • It’s small
  • It works well for nail care.
  • It can open boxes

And that’s pretty much all I use my EDC knife for anyways.

1. I’ve bought it on aliexpress
[/quote]

2 .The Gnome is not milled on the inside

I guess it’s heavier but due to the wider handle and blade it doesn’t matter as much as the too thick blade behind the cutting edge. I also realised that for a small knife that I mainly use for pull cuts less belly on the blade is better.

The Mouse came shaving sharp and it holds a decent edge for a good time, also due to the nicely thinned blade that just glides through things like (up to 20mm) EVA foam and (3mm) rawhide. This is a no nonsense working knife, if I’d even buy it branded with a premium if someone like Boker+ would sell it.
They could add a mm to the flipper tab though.

3. The Sanrenmu is less than $20 but if I had to buy it today I’d take the 9305 instead. That bottle opener is maybe working on Chinese bottles but not so on European ones :stuck_out_tongue: Also expect the pretty cool copper color to disappear within a week.

Today? My Spyderco Paramilitary 2 in Maxamet.

Quietcarry Waypoint. 3.3 inch Vanax blade, titanium handles and LC200N hardware. Expensive, but impervious to saltwater or the acids in foods. Makes it a great everything knife.

Had to look up Vanax steel . That Waypoint is a nice looking knife. I like the simple designs.

I’ve got 3 favs, SAK glow-in-the-dark Climber, Ontario D2 RAT, Gerber LST