What is your favorite folding/pocket knife?

Well, I learned something today - I had to go to the Victorinox website to resolve my puzzlement. I still have a brand new knife in a blister pack clearly labeled “Soldier”, and it’s definitely now called a “Pioneer” on their web site. Apparently they changed the names around!

Kershaw Clash model 1605CKTST

Took me awhile to warm up to the serrations, the pocket clip is amazing and the heft for a work knife is what I want. I have picked up several over the years, you know… they do get lost! Ebay TSA auctions have been a good source.

Is knifecenter.com a good place to order knife?

I am keen on getting

• Benchmade Mini Bugout 533BK-1
  • Benchmade Mini Osborne 945BK-1

My Quitecarry would be my favorite folding pocket knife. Elmax steel Black titanium and carbon fiber is nice.

I have always had good experience with them , many purchases.

As a matter of fact, I just received this from knifecenter today :laughing:

Great little knife! You might like the Variations and History sections here on the SAKwiki. https://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Pioneer

My favorite? Undoubtedly the Victorinox Rambler. It’s basically the Classic SD with the addition of the bottle opener from the Rally. It is my most-used knife, and the one I will always recommend to anyone. First of all, it’s a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife, and that all on its own says so much. Second of all, its small size and the familiarity people have with the Swiss Army Knife brand means I never have to worry about people’s reactions when I take it out in public, or if someone needs to borrow a knife. The scissors are the best nail trimmers I’ve ever owned. If I could only own one knife, that would be the one.

I got it when the shop was called Exduct. If I remember right, it was $20.00.

Very solid and heavy knife. Bang for the buck.

Probably still my Para 3 lightweight blackout with CTSBD1N. It’s ridiculously engineered and feels like an extension of my body when I carry and use it.

Victorinox Outrider strikes the perfect balance between utility and pocketability for me. I’d say I don’t ever leave home without it but it’s more like I don’t get out of bed without it.

I’ve been carrying a Nomad for years now, but my next upgrade is an Outrider for sure. Only thing missing to be perfect is a OHO option.

My ZT 0456 with burnt bronze titanium scales. I have been carrying it for almost three years now. I recently bought a Spyderco ladybug in K390 and it’s a little slicer! After stropping the Spyderco it is shaving sharp! Scary little thing.

SAK SwissChamp in a Zermatt leather holster with sharpening steel.

Toolbox on my belt.

Chris

… My Trusty ZT …

I have many knives, some are really cool (Kershaw Echelon, many Kershaw Leeks, some CRKTs…, MKM Flame, Zieba MS3), but … my two favorites are Benchmade mini griptilian (CPM20CV+G10) and a DIY Victorinox Trailguide (rebuilt that one myself : the original model was a Marlboro exclusive, discontinued a long time ago)

I’m not too fond of those myself since I rarely find myself in ‘tactical’ situations so I prefer the knife to have as few features that might suggest it’s intended for dual use (i.e. tool and weapon) as possible, so that it raises less red flags or none. I’m fine with using both hands to ready a tool.

But I can totally see the improvement in ergonomy if you’re after that primarily.

Yeah that sounds extremely appealing. Too bad I’m the ‘going skiing still wearing shorts’ kind of person and rarely wear belts.

Some time ago I’ve tied a flimsy plastic hook that came as part of some clothes packaging to the keyring on my knife and it’s proven itself super useful. I just hang it on the inside of my front pocket, off the lowest spot of the pocket’s opening and it keeps the knife vertical, in the right orientation. I’ll measure it and print some more as my new EDC lights come in, I’ll post a thingiverse link here when I do that.

SAK Tinker. Feel naked without it.

slmjim