What knife did you get today?

Back in the day , in my experience , ‘fidgety ’ was used to describe a feature that was somewhat difficult to use .

If a thumbnail slot was too shallow , or a lock spring too strong , it was said the be fidgety because you had to fidget with it to get it to work .

Or if a feature requires a deft touch to work , or only works intermittently - fidgety .

That’s what it has always meant to me .

Fidget factor, as it relates to knives:

A few of my favorites with the Fidget Factor built in.

Civivi, GoComma and Honey Badger.

The action on these is “Smooth As A Kitten’s Wrist”.

Yea I knew before I bought it that it might be 8Cr13Mov. My Spyderco Tenacious was ~$45 and has 8Cr13Mov steel so I figured that $25 for 8Cr13Mov wouldn’t be too bad if that’s what I got.

HOWEVER after having a few days with the knife I’ve decided that it’ll probably be my first and last Eafengrow. I like the interesting blade shape and the action is pretty smooth, but it’s lacking in terms of finish. The blade is polished but the spine of it isn’t rounded at all. It has almost-sharp edges. The handle feels alright but should probably be grippier. I think some material could have been lost to make it sleeker too. Finally, the liner lock feels too soft—it may stop springing back or may break off eventually. I’m trying to decide now if I should return it. The blade shape is neat. Looks like a gator head!

Of course it is. The great ones at good prices always end up sold out when you find out about them! :person_facepalming:
:smiley:

SRM 6040.
I grossly overpaid for it but considering that this knife is getting out of stock I didn’t have much choice.

First impression:

• nicely made, smooth enough
  • pretty much the same edge length as deejo 15g….but way larger folded size, especially thickness.
  • heavy…steel handle liners add a lot of weight and seem like overkill at this size. And clip adds to that.
  • sharp…shaves, though barely
  • nice looking blade, cheap looking handle

Then I removed the clip. The screws were rusty already. :open_mouth:
And the place on the handle where the clip was looks ugly, it’s recessed and textureless.

Weighs 31.6g without clip, 33 with. The clip doesn’t add so much actually.

For the original price it would make a good though first impression. For what I paid it’s OK but only because I knew that the seller took advantage of me right from the start. Now I will carry it for a while to see if I like it….

bought both for $10 each.
these are web images of the Ontario Knife RAT-II
and the Spyderco Tenacious that are made in China.
as i posted before, the TSA confiscations are sold
at a local state surplus warehouse. i do not need to
buy another knife, however (any excuse will do).

433 & 533 Moki Kronos

Just received the Damneddesigns yellow Oni XL, and promptly poked myself :disguised_face:

Spyderco Para 3 camo black blade

Just received GiantMouse Ace Riv brass bought during their Black Friday sale

Sorry, can’t post a photo today because my wife doesn’t yet know that I got another knife….but I got a #60 scalpel blade flipper.

I’s actually 0.5g heavier than the specs say. I may try to cut some weight later.

It puts “scary sharp” to another level. Not only it’s seriously sharp, the blade is flimsy and has a lot of play which makes handling it less precise…and adding to the scare. I don’t yet know if the lack of precision is a problem but I do know that its sharpness makes me grin. :smiley:
I wonder whether doctors also work with this kind of blade play….do they stabilize the blade with their fingers like I do?

Knife length is very close to medium sized victorinox….but this one actually has slightly longer blade even despite the fact that it loses a lot due to the locking mechanism.

Quality is good, no complaints here.

It’s my first flipper and it uses a ball at the end of the liner lock to keep it closed…do all flippers work like that? Anyway, the flipping mechanism works well, it’s definitely faster to open than any other knife that I have.

I was a little afraid that changing blades would be risky. After all - doctors use special tools for that and Havalon decided to introduce that as well. But I don’t see the need to use one. It feels safe enough for me. Maybe if I did that several times a day than even a small risk decrease would be worthwhile - but now it doesn’t seem so.

I had too few chances to cut stuff today. Hope for more tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Got a new knife in the mail today. It’s exactly the same as the TunaFire knife I received before, except it doesn’t have any brand markings on the blade. I put some epoxy and glow powder mix in the lanyard hole in this one as well.

This is by far my favorite knife to carry. Just a well built, solid knife for the price. AliExpress Link

76 mm blade 3.2 mm thick and 71g total weight? Pretty light. Would you be able to verify if this is true?

Just put it on my small scale. 70.7g. Blade 76mm, total knife length opened 176mm. 3.2mm thick blade looks right as well.

Good deal at BladeHQ.

Kershaw Decimus | A/O Frame Lock Knife | Black GFN
https://www.bladehq.com/item—Kershaw-Decimus-AO-Frame-Lock-Knife—80575

I got that same knife although in titanium (TC4) handle, sturdy knife, really nice flipping action, and lock-up is solid (perhaps a little too solid). grat flipper, makes my wife complain. US $21.31, Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com
replacement blades a mite pricey for scalpel blades, think I paid $22 for 50.

Does anyone know if this knife uses real D2?

Thanks for measuring. :slight_smile:

Here we go again…I’m not going to try to do the mustard test. For 19 dollars I took my chances.