What knife do you have on order?

akhyar, I am surprised that you never heard of Hand-Tech Made (HTM) knives. They are semi-custom collaboration knife company in the USA with custom knife makers:

Dirk Pinkerton, Darrel Ralph, Randall King, Kirby Lambert, Greg Lightfoot and Grady Burrell.

They are beefy knives but Zero Tolerance. I love the Darrell Ralph Madd Maxx line, the manual ball bearing will open as fast as an automatic.

I’ve never ventured into custom or mid-tech, so most of their names sound Greek to me. :blush: except maybe the likes of Todd Begg, Les George, etc

In fact, from the list of the custom knife makers above, I’ve only known some of Greg Lightfoot knives, and that is because of his collaboration with Microtech.

Gearbest has the Cima Fixed blade with micarta handle on sale for $19.95 right now. Going fast. Popular bushcraft knife that comes with a kydex type sheath. Fasttech has discontinued it. GB has about 119 left. They sold 40 of them today.

cant decide between this knife or a Mora. Any thoughts?

jealous57

There is always the Meyerco Maxx Q - Gun Hammer 3D G10 handle/ for under $20.

Meyerco Maxx Q

I have the Mora Companion HD. It’s certainly a great knife for 16 dollars. I don’t have this Cima, but I ordered it, so I can’t compare. I like the Mora HD so much, I bought a spare.

Just for akhyar and jealous57.

I didn’t know such an animal existed! Would be a good way to try one out. It looks cheap to me though, when viewed next to an HTM one (ofcourse, lol). Also, I have a Meyerco knife now, a Industrial Utility Razor Knife, that I keep meaning to send in for work but never got around to it. The pivot screw fell out and got lost. Doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies for Meyerco knives, lol.

YES. I’ll take one of each.

Knives currently on order……

a ZT0566 and an 801…… A British Blades Forum Spyderco Urban (I was done buying for a while then these popped up……) smh, lol

Hello. Moras are good knives at a very good prices, but they are different. The cima 1 is more a bushcraft knife with wide and thick blade full tang, very tough. And the Moras have a very good scandi profile and i see it more for delicate work, wood carving… The Cima is more for batoning, hit wood with its weight… Both are good but each one go to different needs.

My review about the Cima 1: http://chinese-knives.blogspot.com.es/2016/04/review-cima-1.html#more

jealous57

I agree on the quality of Meyerco knives. From what I can tell, Meyerco and HTM are affiliated with Darrell Ralph.

The Meyerco is the lower end knives and HTM is the mid to upper end knives.

I have the Meyerco Maxx Q and it is good for the price. It is a HTM DDR Gun Hammer Radian with cheaper material.

Good thing about your Meyerco is that it has a Limited Forever Warranty like ZT. So send it in for repair.

BTW, the ZT 0566 and the ZT 0801 are excellent knives.

I just ordered my first Ganzo and my second. :laughing:
G727M and G729.

Excellent choices No Agenda!

Just ordered a Ganzo G711 and G712 and plan to order a Enlan Bee EL-04 MCT in the near future.

Excellent choice.

Got my pink Buckshot Classic and the S-TEC tanto today.

Both seem reasonably well made.

I had originally planned to order the Enlan today but the handle of the Ganzo is similar to a design I drew for a handle to fit the Kershaw Boa blades I have sitting here. If I like the feel I’ll start shaping the Ti6Al4V and finally put these S60V blades to use. It’ll be nice to have a knife with a supply of blades that will outlast me.

I like a lot about this knife but it looks quite small, what is your opinion after you had it for a couple of days?

If you have large hands and like to carry at least 3.5” blade for EDC, the TRE is indeed small, and might not suit you.
As I have medium size hands and tend to carry 3” blade as my EDC, I like it quite a lot, though I wish it has a thinner blade for slicing.

If you like the shape of the TRE but want a bigger knife, you might want to look at the newer KUR, with 3.4” blade but cheaper.

I don’t have size comparison with my bigger knives, but the knives in the photo all have around 4” handle or shorter.

I really want the 4th one down, but its price.........