What light do you use most?

This stainless steel light with 219B using Eneloop. Average of 15-20 minutes daily.

Ultrafire c20 all day ’ery day. It has good modes but a shocking beam pattern and a shocking tint.

My edc will most definitely change once I get my convoy s2.

6 or 7 lights in rotation

Xiaozhi - 219A

D-10 Nitecore

tank 566 219a

sc01 nw

n-light b2s

eagletac d25ti

Olight ti a3 keychain

convoy s2

edi-t t-11

i usually play with whatever I've recently modded

average use a day is maybe 15 minutes ....3hrs max

It must be my Olight S10 that I’m using as a nightlight. It only gets a few moments of use daily.
My second most used light is Olight i3 that is my EDC at the moment, it gets few minutes of usage from time to time.

The most? Hmm…Small Sun A629, Solarforce L2X with XM-L U2 dropin, Convoy L4 with XM-L2 U2 1A, an STL-V2, a Sipik SK-68, an HD2010 with XM-L2 T6, a Maxtoch 2X Shooter, and to a lesser degree, the Solarstorm Warrior with XM-L U2s.

In fact, I could get rid of the rest of my lights and be just fine with these…but saying so would be to commit BLF sacrilege! :party:

EDIT: And yes, this can change, although not much. I nowadays get about a total of 10 minutes of flashturbation time per day.

Convoy S2 with Triple Nichia 219B at 1.5A each and a big chunk of copper.

Convoy S8.
use it no longer than 5-8 minute on my night shift :slight_smile:

Convoy S2, my current EDC.

Most used flashlights

502B: XM-L2 noc, 6x7135s

SK68: XP-G2 S2 noc, TIR converted

Previously > S2, XM-L2 noc, 8x7135s

My Solarstorm SC01 on the bedside desk gets the most use for my middle of the night pee-break walks down the hall. It has a great long-press moon-mode and ramping on both the high and low. A computer fan test shows it to have severe visible PWM but it doesn’t seem to bother me personally. I have two SC01s, one CW and the other WW. I prefer the Cool White but lately use the Warm White more in an attempt to gain a better appreciation of WW.

I’ve only been a flashaholic for a little over a year, so in the evening after my wife has gone to bed I will often keep most of the wall lights off in the house so that when I wander around the house I can try out my other flashlights (now near 40). A neighbour who spends most evenings sitting on his front stoop has commented that he’s noticed the flashes coming out my windows and wondered what the hell’s going on. My flashlights are on for a total of 15 to 45 minutes an evening.

The Non-Shelf-Queen award goes to wdkingery for his mistreated Convoy S4. I also have a Convoy S4 that I keep in my back-pack but in a holster.

During the work day it’s either my iTP R01, SolarForce Z2 or triple XP-G 3D Mag (running on a MagCharger battery) depending on how much light I need. Probably 30-90 minutes on time a day.

At home it’s my rotation of small lights, Ultrafire WF 602C with an XM-L2 7D4, iTP SA1 with a Nichia 219, L3 Illumination L10C Nichia or Nitecore SENS CR with a Nichia 219 on Li-Ion. Maybe 15 minutes a day.

All of this is subject to change depending on my mood.

Solarforce L2M with Copper base nichia 219b emitter

My constant companion is a Preon 2, used several times a day, though usually for only a few seconds to find something in the back of a dark drawer or under a truck seat. It’s always in my shirt pocket, and thus the first thing I reach for.

Otherwise, there’s always an Olight S20 in a pants pocket or a P60 something-or-other in a coat pocket. A winter favourite is a Convoy L1, running 2x18650 under an LD29 driver. It lives in my truck, and offers excellent run times in case I were faced with an unscheduled night or two in the bush.

A tip on pocket-carry for an S10 / S20 :

-Get a white, 1” plastic chair leg protector (4/$1.00 in a bargain store near you). They’re the cup shaped ones that fit onto the tubing-legged chairs.

-Thin the closed end with sandpaper (or a disc grinder or a chop saw) to allow as much light through as you choose.

-Cut a square notch halfway down one side to accommodate the clip.

-It fits snugly onto the lens end, and both protects the lens and acts as a very compact diffuser. Pop it of with your thumb for full use of the light. Give the tail cap 1/8 of a turn to lock it out, and it carries very nicely.

Whatever is in my pocket. Either a Sunwayman V11R, a Brinyte ED30 or an ED10 (all single battery 16340 or 14500). Ive stopped carrying 18650s.

Mine changes. Recently, it has been the AAA stainless from the group buy. Before that, olight s80 with diffuser, olight s20 with gitd wand, olight s10, and nitecore p12. In terms of real use, I probably use less than 5 minutes per day, but I spend more time testing different lights every day.

Modded TrustFire F20:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/13006

Factory driver,emitter replaced with a CW U2-bin XM-L and a LOP reflector. Nice and bright on high, some PWM but good runtime on low. Gets warm quickly on high when used with a freshly-charged 14500. Can be used with Alkaline or NIMH if needed, but at greatly reduced brightness. Pocket clip and smooth body are big selling points for this EDC, nothing to snag and no edges to wear holes in pockets. Been carried since Nov. 2012. Anodization is holding up well, just enough wear to give it some character. I'll need to get a pic uploaded sometime...

Been through several occassions where I thought I lost it but it's always turned back up. No idea how much I use it every day, but I find the occasional days where I forget it, then am constantly finding myself reaching for it but feeling empty because it's missing.

right now a dqg aaa mini blf edition (neutral white)

Fenix pd35, xintd c8 and Convoy s8 with qlite 4-mode. Combined, I use them about 10 minutes a day. Once I build the Convoy s2 with triple xp-l that I currently have in mind, that will probably top my most used list.

build me one, hehe

Current setup:
CNQG brass ver. 1 & Akoray K-102 (10440, almost retired, replaced by Tank E09 before my sister take the Tank :slight_smile: ) for edc.
Olight S15 (14500) and L10 on bed side.
XinTd C8 XM-L2, DQG 26650 & Crelant CH10 (all NW) for daily use, roughly 20-30 minutes per day.