What light do you use most?

before I used a Fenix LD0 and now a Tank007 E09.
The Fenix AAA is a very good light, I used it for many years but the Tank007 has newer emiter, less heat with 10440 and price/quality ratio…

The AAA form factor make it a perfect EDC.
In my backpack I have a Convoy S6. I could have prefered the Roche F6, it’s a very good light but but Convoy have DrJones firmware with modes I want (my modes!)

fenix LD10, about one hour, each day.

Nitecore EZAA for backup.

SF L2 /w stainless head (shaven bezel) in my car, two minutes once a week (to search for the fenix)

the SF Z2 I’ve just given away, two weeks before, along with a 2nd gen eneloop - not because I didn’t like it, but I do have a habit of donating torches to people I like. Three more are in the mail (can you ever have enough lights?)

Single mode, cut and shut xiaozhi D4
Totally reliable used around a hour a day, got through a 18650 today so that’s about 3 hours.
Dedomed XML-2 4D driven at 1amp.
10* TIR.
Most useful light ever.

My EDC tends to be my most used light and it varies over time.

Currently, it’s my heavily modded Aleto N8.

This is a small sideswitch zoom flashlight. It’s smaller and shorter than Sipik 68, but is much brighter, has more throw in spot mode, and a much wider beam in flood beam. It features the following:

• Runs on one 18650
  • Driver: Nanjg 105c with Comfychair FET mod and DrJones lumodrv firmware.
  • Emitter: Dedomed XML2 3A tint on direct copper star.
  • copper heatsink added below the star
  • tailcap switch removed and electronic sideswitch added.
  • 18mm plastic aspheric lens removed and replaced with 20mm short focal length PMMA fresnel lens.
  • AR coated glass lens added on top of the fresnel to protect the fresnel and keep it clean.
  • Modified head, bezel ring, body and tailcap to shorten the entire light by 16mm. Length of modded light is 91mm.
  • Type II gold colored anodizing stripped and replaced with grey duracoat paint.
  • Rubber sleeve added around body tube to increase grip.

The only power tool used to make this mod was a simple drill. No drill press or anything else. Lots of work with a handfile and some with a hacksaw.

My other light that gets lots of use is my $12 headlight. I modded the driver and emitter on the headlight. Having a good headlight is very useful.

I know that feeling when my F20 is missing, friend :slight_smile: For me it is also the TrustFire F20 modded with NW T6-3C on copper MCPCB with custom made direct thermal path. I also used a nicer driver because the original died, fixed sealing and added a piece of shrink tube on the clip (replacing the worn out shrinktube is a nice ritual of mine :smiley: ). I’m using TF flame 14500 and after a year it still has 750mAh+ discharge capacity.

There’s a flashlight user!

At work I did use a Strion - never was happy with it. Replaced that with Fenix PD35. Right now using the Eagle Eye F30 for last week.

On average, I use about 5 hours every night (3 hours minimum to 9 hours max). We do a lot (and I do mean lots) of momentary on. I have yet to have to change a Panasonic 3400. The Strion could not go through the night.

A note about the Eagle Eye lights..I guess the X2 and F30 are like Convoy S (don't have any) but I can honestly say that not only do their lights have some heft but there anodizing is tough as hell. My Fenix had wear on day 1...these do not.

I also have an F35 that I was going to use but one of my friends that liked my PD35 had re-appropriated it and consequently is now the owner of the F35 LOL. At $25..can't go wrong.

You know, I would take you up on that (had you been serious) except that I’m going to use the BLF17DD driver, never built one before, and I don’t have a hot air reflow station. Soooooooo, it should be interesting. :wink: We’ll see how many components I fry in the process. :bigsmile: Just waiting for RMM to get some spacers in stock (hopefully copper ones so I can solder them to the pill).

I want to see how yours turns out and I just might be serious. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s insane you’re telling us that still produces light?! No need to worry about the fragility of dedomed emitters anymore… !

perhaps it was sprayed with led seal?

I've tried changing things up with my EDC and it may last a few days at a time but I always come back to my Olight S20 Baton. Its hard for me to imagine another light that just gets everything right.

Really? What about your recent triple XP-G2 build? :open_mouth:

The electronic switch and magnet on the S20 are really great… The only thing I would change on it would be a higher high.

SK68 in left pocket, Convoy S5 in holder in right pocket, whatever lights I scoop off my desk and throw into my Maxpedition fatboy EDC bag (with my vaping stuff and spare batts)

It was my Convoy s6, but now it’s my Sunwayman V11R with AA extender.

Hahaha yes it does. In fact I depend on it to lol. When the shatter first occurred and I noticed the drunken sand I was concerned it would burn out or something… But as time went on and it continued working I stopped worrying about it and just assume it’s gonna come on when I click.

No led sealers or anything.

My most used is probably the Olight ST-25.

why not buy a replacement lens, it would probably cost less then $2

I think I’ll make a build thread (I don’t think anyone has done one for this build), I’ll let you know. 0:)