What lights do you EDC? What do you look for in an EDC light? Which is your favorite?

for EDC attached to my body/cloth, I carry Balder HD-1… I prefer carry lightweight and small but still have enough light compared to bigger one. and also don’t like the idea that the shape of light is visible from outside of pocket.

For EDC in backpack, I carry bigger one either Crelant V21A or Ultrafire WF-2100…rarely carry P60 host size, onlt when already know will be needed.

Zebralight SC600 MKII, its the same length as my wallet and stands perfectly beside it. :slight_smile:

oh oh…. i think reading through this thread pushed me over the edge… i will be edc’ing the RRT-01… :wink:

I have been on a EDC light kick lately.Small and bright have been what I have been buying.Despite this though, I always end up leaving the house with the same old ShiningBeam xp-g S-mini.If I were to get caught “in the field” with only one light clipped to my pocket the S-mini is the only one I trust. It has been a tried and trusted compainion for over a year now.The 3 modes are simple, the runtime on a 3100 cell is great, and it tailstands perfectly.I have EDC lights that are brighter, smaller, have a better tint or more features than the S-mini.Yet I know this one meets my needs and always works.-Rick

+1

Same with me.

That sounds like the perfect tactical 18650 EDC! I want it too! LMK when you find it lol. I could even live with well hidden disco, but I can’t stand em either haha

My EDC?
Several……

Usually wear my Peak Eiger QTC high CRI (old version) on paracord around my neck. Have both AAA/10440 and shorty 10180 bodies. Epic “cute little keychain light”.

Near always have Streamlight Nano or eGear Pico in my pocket on keys, depending on mine or wifeys car. Last resort lights. Insignificant if MIA or KIA.

Current Summer pant/short pocket EDC rotation:

L3 illumination L10 - nichia 219 high CRI - white finish. Never bothered with the clip myself. Looks like a POS, sounds like it is. Good light though.

DQG tiny18650 - xml t6 3c NW - ti finish. On unprotected pannys. Still pretty new, but like it so far. Wish it was higher CRI.

Solarforce L2mT - xpg2 7b WW - on 18350 IMR. A little on the big/thick side for me to truly “EDC”, but when pockets permit I grab it. :slight_smile: Lovely warm tint (IMO) and all-around performance.

There are others that pop up here and there. But those have been carried the most in recent days. I am a high CRI addict, as you can tell.

Of course… there is always a TF mini01, countycomm LED map light, and thrunite Ti in my work bag… one or two lights in each car, maybe more…. define “carry” lol

My current EDC is a solarforce LP2 with the standard clip and customlites.com XML U2 dropin. Probably need a smaller light in the future. My EDC in my right front pannier on my bike is a solarforce L2T with a Vihn drop in, which is a single mode direct drive XML2 emitter. For the front handlebar light is a noname XML U2 with two 18650s and a pretty deeply smooth reflector. For the rear of the bike are two solarforce LPNs with customlites.com XML-U2 dropins one with a orange filter and the other with a red, both on strobe. So basically my light interests come from a bicycling angle. I’m determined to be seen and not become a hood ornament on the streets of Los Angeles. :wink:

EC1 guys. You really need a red blinking light to make your edc cool. Plus that nice 180° red moonlight mode. And throwiest light of it’s size (if you know another that throws better let me.know).

Until now, I have shortened my top list to these three… But nothing is final yet :bigsmile:

- Klarus ST2C

- Crelant 7G3CS

• Solarforce T1

Didn’t make it to the top list (but I still consider them)

- Niteye MSC20

• Olight M18 Maverick

thanks I will have to check those out edit: checked them out :slight_smile:

A few questions (hope OP doesn’t mind)… Is there any reason other than sleeker dimensions that you pick the Klarus ST2C over the ST11? Or the Crelant 7g3cs over their 7g6cs? Seems you want more of a tube light.

Solarforce T1 sounds pretty dang good for the asking price! Wish the head was black, but function wins over form in this case. Tighten head for instant access to high/turbo is my favorite tactical UI. Very useful. I am really thinking about this one now. Wish it was XML2 with more max lumens though.

Niteye MSC20 is pretty sweet, but it too needs an XML2 upgrade and more than 500 max lumens for the price IMO. Like the tail control ring UI idea. Should also go lower, into sub-lumen for that price.

Olight M18 Maverick is nice too. Slept on that one instead of the S20. UI sounds very good. Mode spacing looks good, but wish it had moonlight. Also wish the clip was the other way, but that is minor. Lack of tailstand ability is also a con for me. Always hesitant with Olights tint too.

I can see why you picked these. I can also see why you are still undecided! :smiley:

Why no Niteye TF20??

Bag lights

1. HD2011 (1x18650)
  2. Convoy S3 (1x18650)
  3. Roche F12 (1x18650)
  4. XIAOZHI (1x18650)
  5. Sipik SK-68 (1xAA)
  6. C78 (1xAA)

Pocket EDC light

1. Nitecore SENS Mini (1xCR2)
  2. Olight i3S (1xAAA)
  3. Tank007 E09 (1xAAA)
  4. Tank007 TK-703 (1xAAA)

Keychain
Not having any light on keychain though.

Solarforce L2M
Solarforce TailStand HaIII Forward Clicky switch for L2M
E1320 XM-L Perfect Tint Drop-In (Moonlight-Low-Med-High-Turbo)
FoyBezel
16340 or 18350

36mm head diameter is fat even compared to a typical P60 flashlight. For my pocket, ~24mm is ideal for a 18650 but I believe (hope) I will have no problem with the 28mm head diameter of ST2C.

Same reason, not so pocketable (I carry my main light in front pants pocket). But I will still get a 7g6cs at some point, just not for pocket carry.

And I confirmed from an owner that it is forward clicky, I also contacted Solarforce and I am waiting for their response on this.

I totally agree. For these reasons it didn’t make it at the top list.

Clip position is a major issue for me, also tailstanding could be disregarded if everything else was perfect and the price lower. I am not giving up on it yet but I think there are better overall choices for what I want. S20 doesn’t have a tail switch at all.

:slight_smile: There are many great lights available right now and at one point I was buying every light I liked. But right now I can’t financially backup a “buy them all” mentality and after using flashlights so much, I am much more conscious on what I really like to use and what covers my needs.

It has fat head :bigsmile:

Thanks for the responses. All makes perfect sense. Regarding the S20, only mentioned it b/c it’s the M18s cousin. Definitely does not suit this tactical criteria.

Really got me thinking about the T1! Hoping someone puts up a thorough review of one soonish. At roughly half the price of these others, albeit simplified with less features, it seems like a really good value.

Yes, T1 looks like one of the almost perfect choices. And the absence of a second electronic switch could be one possible point of failure less. The silver colored head is …eeeh but on the other hand I never had a single problem with a Solarforce host and I hope the driver to be equally reliable.

I agree with you on the S Mini. I bought the same XP G model you have. Some friends came over and liked the light so much, they asked me to order 2 for them. I decided to give the XM L version try. When it came, I found I liked the XP G better. These people stayed for a few months and when they left, all the S Mini lights were gone.
I ordered another XP G S-Mini to replace my light a few weeks ago. Feels like an old friend. Many times it seems like the perfect light for the situation at hand.

Totally agree Aleister. Have had nothing but good experience with SF to this point.
If they make a neutral tint version of the T1 I will be head over heels in love! :heart_eyes:

Like you, I look for small and light. I also like a decent tint, simple UI and the ability to use both rechargeables and primaries (this is important when traveling - especially out of the country). I had high hopes for the Thrunite T10/Saber 1A: size and weight are near perfect, and the longer top section makes it the easiest operating twisty I’ve owned, but continuing contact issues in all three examples I’ve had bump it down the list. My two favorites now are both EaglesTacs: A D25A mini w/XP-G2 and a new D25C clicky in XM-L2 NW that retains medium mode with a 16340 (and I still like my L10 w/Nichia). The main difference in what we’re looking for seems to be the clip: for me they add bulk, so I remove them and carry the light in the inside watch/coin pocket that most of my dress pants have, or the top watch pocket that most jeans and work pants have (this works with lights up to about 80mm long). For anti-roll I re-install the clip screws, if present, or add a tiny split ring or piece of lanyard if there were no screws.

You might like to read this: Review of some AA lights

My current EDC is nitecore EC25. Really like it except the higher low mode. I tried to EDC my newly bought XinTD but it really does not fit my dress pants. Sign.
Before this, I EDC zebralight SC600 for about a year.
Even before that, DRY :open_mouth: for two months.

Other things I EDC occasionally are:
thrunite T10
self built UF 602C with nichia 219
dedomed XPG2 in L2m shorty

I prefer a powerful torch for EDC with long burning time (so 18650 or bigger) and reasonable throw.
My ideal EDC will be ZL SC600 with dedomed XML-2 and smooth reflector. Is there some expert here doing this?

Clipped with a lobster claw to my belt loop i have a 4sevens Q mini cr2 i’ve been EDCing for the past year, most of the time i forget it’s there cause i never feel it, and a tank007 E09 on my keychain.