What one light for Mom?

So, to be truly deep carry, you'd need to put the Convoy clip on the last notch of the UT20 tail cap. I had the clip sent via UltraExpress! I don't think you bought one (?) but the Nitenumen C8 OEM clip is very similar but has a more stable tube clasp. Plus a smooth nub on the inside of the pocket clip that doesn't tear my pocket but keeps the light put. I just transferred it to my TK15, the light that I've been using lately in & around the house (my UT20 belongs to my ready bag).

I put it around the notch nearest the threads, and it’s fine. The weight of the light pulls it down sufficiently to keep it buried in my pocket.

I gave my parents, my wife and my bro a Lumintop Tool AA for EDC. Can use an AA and get ~150lumens or use a good 10440 and get ~500lumens. Fantastic light for EDC for non-flashaholics.

With all the great options with hi CRI, optics, thermal step-down, I recently gave her a 'custom' light and she is so impressed! This one has an LH351D 4000k, Convoy 4 mode driver, 60 degree pebble TIR, & lit switch:

She's always emphasized 'full spectrum' lighting, and no flicker so I think this LED and driver should fit the ticket.

Nice.

Does the Convoy 4-mode driver used for your LH351D max out at 5 Amps or 6 Amps? (I think there seem to be a 5-Amp and a 6-Amp 4-mode driver)?

Sofirn LT1.

Thank you dta.

This is the older one with a 5A capability. I don't think she'll need max output because this is more of a nightstand occupier. There are more throwy lights near outside doors and she has about 4 lights plus a AA headlight. What would one expect of a forum member? Lol

which ever flashlight you choose: buy 3 exactly alike.
you keep one to give when the other 2 are lost.

For this exact situation that the OP poses (light for the wife), I went with the new Manker E14 III. The prime reason was/is ease of use. But she also appreciates the E14’s floody beam, as opposed to the concentrated spot of some of my other 18650 lights.
While the E14 III comes from the factory with an 18350 tube you can purchase the optional 18650 tube direct from Manker or other third party vendors.